Comprehensive "Tyrod Taylor is Bad" Thread (VERY Comprehensive)

BigDingus

3 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Sorry, I edited my post.

[BWhy are you so against a high level rookie QB prospect starting in 2018?  Why do we need a QB like Taylor to play week one?[/B]

He said he was elite, then clarified that his numbers WERE elite.  Which is, well, not true.

What???

Against it?

Why are you assuming I'm against it?

On 12/25/2017 at 2:30 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

21-19 career, 7-5 this season. What a frickin' loser! 

Sigh.

Team stat. QBs should be evaluated on how he plays QB, not how well the weak-side LB plays, or the field goal kicker or the head coach, or, well, anybody. Wins is a team stat. It just is.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

With the Jimmy G revelation in SF, I can only think of 2 starting QB's I would start Tyrod over if you take out the Texans starting QB because Watson is hurt. My 2 would be Kizer of the Browns,  and whichever (*^*&%^$^#is starting in Denver this week. Maybe Miami's Cutler is a toss up but in a pinch I think I would choose him too. Definitely Tannehill is better.  And that includes the backups in Philly, Arizona and Green Bay. In all reality, considering years in the league, you could argue he is the worst starting QB in the NFL. And folks on this board are defending him. It's really incredible.

His great mobility masks how bad he really is...

9 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

Since the QB position is by far the most important on the field, you are correct -- Taylor has been an important part, but only by default. His main contribution has been defined by not doing things: not throwing INTs and not scoring TDs. For example, the offense hasn't had a meaningful 2nd half TD since October. 

His running ability is one of the most overrated things in sports. 

If I'm a defensive coordinator, I'll gladly concede 50-60 rushing yards to the QB if it means he'll only throw for 140 or 160. Much better to give up 180-200 total yards than face the prospect of allowing 275-300+ to an actual "decent" QB. 

His rushing is just a more inefficient way to move the ball downfield. It's great if you've got a guy who can throw -- but when it's your QB's main weapon, it's a recipe for lots of punts and FGs, as we've seen. 

Not arguing this point but IMO his running stats are a by product of not reading a defense and holding the ball and running because he won't throw the ball whereas a good QB has less running yards as they go through their progressions and get rid of the ball.

If they played a college option style offense or had set naked boot legs or designed sneaks then his running stats would mean something. 

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You're just a guy who comes on with a lot of opinions and BS conjecture with not one shred of evidence to back you crap.    Like I said before all of those QBs are on losing teams. Explain how the BIlls have a winning record with Taylor at the helm while the others do not for their entire careers. 

Says the guy with over 65K posts :lol: Hypocrite much!

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Great retort. 

I'll say it again. WHEN THE BILLS GET A LEAD IN THE 2nd HALF THEY SIT ON IT AND RUN THE BALL TO PUNT. ALL YEAR LONG. 

Thanks for the statistics breakdown though. ???

If you actually watched the games(sober I mean) you would know what I mean without shoving bull **** statistics in our faces.(although a lot of fans here are stupid enough to buy em)

How many times have the Bills been trailing in the 4th quarter in a one possession game?

I can think of three. Carolina,

in which Zay Jones dropped the game winning TD, Tampa Bay where Tyrod completed a long bomb to set the Bills up to tie the game deep in Tampa territory and eventually win. Cincinnati where the Bills offense and Tyrod struggled all day. 

So two of three ain't bad. 

Like I said. Some perspective,(not bull **** statistics) would be nice.

There goes your argument.?? Try watching the games instead of looking at the box score for a change. It makes a world of difference.??

Oh look, more comedy :lol:

I've watched every game for the past 30 years and ZERO means ZERO in everyone's world except yours, god you're dumb.

Apparently you have a hard time dealing with reality and don't like the real Tyrod stats so they are BS to you. Comedy :lol:  

The force is strong with with the dense minded. :lol:

Still defending this crap QB, you can't make this stuff up, it's unbelievable! :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

Not arguing this point but IMO his running stats are a by product of not reading a defense and holding the ball and running because he won't throw the ball whereas a good QB has less running yards as they go through their progressions and get rid of the ball.

This is absolutely correct. I should have included that -- good point. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

A great coach?  No he is not at all with many suspect in game decisions. Good defense?  You cannot be serious. The run D is atrocious! No, I don't and especially not behind the OL we currently have that struggles mightily with pass blocking in too many games.  Try again.

The Bills are 3-2 in the last 5, averaging 14.4 points a game in that span (Poyer accounts for 6 of the total points)

Yes, the D sucks

9 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

A great coach?  No he is not at all with many suspect in game decisions. Good defense?  You cannot be serious. The run D is atrocious! No, I don't and especially not behind the OL we currently have that struggles mightily with pass blocking in too many games.  Try again.

A direct result of blocking for a QB that takes too long to recognize the defensive coverage and to get rid of the football. Taylor's reliance on his mobility is also detrimental to the offensive line, because they don't know where he will end up going throughout the play. 

But do continue to make excuses for the guy. 

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing"

P Manning

“The most valuable player is the one that makes the most players valuable.”

P Manning

Edited by xRUSHx

7 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Because you want Tyrod here to potentially start week one. 

If Tyrod is starting next year, our shiny new rookie can't.

So why don't you want our rookie starting??

He wants a rookie that can beat Tyrod in a QB competition. Shouldn't be that hard, right? I mean the guy sucks. Why don't you want our rookie to earn a starting role??

I'd honestly wouldn't mind a QB that took chances and threw up a few 50/50 balls and occasionally got picked I could live with that. Most of Tyrod's deep balls this year seem to always be overthrown and out of bounds. He was in years past able to complete a few of those to Watkins, Goodwin and Harvin only a few to Thompson this year. I wanna see more of a vertical passing threat and better downfield accuracy. Intermediate passing has only come to exist since Benjamin and Matthews came. Yet Clay and Shady have been gobbling up passes all year. It's funny to see Robert Woods and Marquise Goodwin feast with QB's that actually aren't afraid to throw the ball. 

Some of the posters here act like Tyrod doesn't get any pass play calls in the second half or throughout the game.  When the play is called, he makes the decisions on the field.  He's the one that doesn't throw the ball down the field.  The players are out there running routes down the field but Tyrod is the one that is dumping it off to the running back or taking off running it.  Defend him all you want but he is the one on the field that isn't throwing the ball down the field.  

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

He wants a rookie that can beat Tyrod in a QB competition. Shouldn't be that hard, right? I mean the guy sucks. Why don't you want our rookie to earn a starting role??

Why would you want to pay all that money to Tyrod to sit after he gets pushed to backup?

Smart thing to do is to dump Tyrod or trade if a sucker is around then use all that Tyrod money on other positions and bring in a cheaper bridge QB so he can sit once rookie is ready because the goal is to have rookie take over. With Tyrods contract for next season he is paid as the starter so to sit really isnt a option unless you want a bunch of money to be wasted on a QB you expect to be replaced by mid season at the latest.

It would be somewhat different IMO if Tyrod was more of a system friendly QB but he is not so keeping Tyrod has the OC using two different type systems. Wasted work for the OC IMO.

Edited by xRUSHx

1 minute ago, xRUSHx said:

Why would you want to pay all that money to Tyrod to sit after he gets pushed to backup?

Smart thing to do is to dump Tyrod or trade if a sucker is around then use all that Tyrod money on other positions and bring in a cheaper bridge QB so he can sit once rookie is ready because the goal is to have rookie take over. With Tyrods contract for next season he is paid as the starter so to sit really isnt a option unless you want a bunch of money to be wasted on a QB you expect to be replaced by mid season at the latest.

The money aspect is a completely different argument. I answered his question under the assumption he's on the roster, along with a rookie.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

The money aspect is a completely different argument. I answered his question under the assumption he's on the roster, along with a rookie.

Hey man I get it I was just trying to point out the waste of money thats all, sorry if you took it differently. Carry on

Remember Fitz would not take less to be regulated to backup after the bridge, he wanted starter pay or he would leave, IMO it will be the same for Tyrod.

Edited by xRUSHx

Just now, xRUSHx said:

Hey man I get it I was just trying to point out the waste of money thats all, sorry if you took it differently. Carry on

The money's going to be tricky no matter what, unfortunately. We can save like $9M if we let him go, but what adequate replacement do we find for $9M or less? Or do we willingly walk into 2018 with Peterman, a Rookie, and a downgrade vet? It's going to be interesting.

19 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

It shouldn't be that hard.

i just don't think you need to pay that much money for a obstacle in our real QB's path. 

Also, it's very importnant that a rookie QB starts and takes his lumps early to grow from them. Tyrod has had enough lumps for a lifetime.