the TT bashing is just so tiresome

stuvian

TT is definitely held to a higher standard by people on this board.  Our alternatives this season are:

1. Nathan 5 picks in a half Peterman

2. Joe Wildcat Webb

TT is the best we have.  Do I think he's the future of the franchise?  No.  Do I think we can make the playoffs with him?  Yes.

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

The offense managed 3 field goals yesterday. Pathetic.

TT managed two TDs though,  one dropped by Clay and one stolen by the refs.

4 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Peterman like McDermott is a devout Christian, so they can pray for wins while punting or kicking field goals when they should be going for it. 

Why do some fans hate the field goals. Levy would always take the field goal when he had to because you always take the points unless it's the end of the game you always take the more sure points and I agree with him.

Edited by xRUSHx

3 minutes ago, McNubbins said:

TT is definitely held to a higher standard by people on this board.  Our alternatives this season are:

2. Joe Wildcat Webb

TT is the best we have.  Do I think he's the future of the franchise?  No.  Do I think we can make the playoffs with him?  Yes.

TT managed two TDs though,  one dropped by Clay and one stolen by the refs.

Or Nathan got it done in a blizzarrd Peterman also!

12 minutes ago, McNubbins said:

2. Joe Wildcat Webb

Tyrod is the best not good enough so we need to stay with the best not good enough because not good enough is ok to some. Why try to get better, SMH

Higher standard? You talking about a standard that includes scoring TDs in big games? A standard that includes at least 1 TD in a game? Come on man

Edited by xRUSHx

9 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

The offense managed 3 field goals and we were still in it for most of the game. The only TD was scored by the D. And you are claiming we lost because of the defense?

Tyrod excuses man, it happens all the time, it is not the leader on offense it is everyone else. Why didn't our D stop the SB winning HOF QB for the entire game? Why should our QB have to carry our team, it doesn't matter he could not get a single TD he got us FGs it is the D that should have done more, the D needs to score more TDs not our starting QB. SMH

2 hours ago, KW95 said:

Dumb is not remembering that he looked good at the end of the Jets game. Dumb is not remembering that Dimarco gave that first Int to the opponents.  Dumb is not remembering that a rookie QB played against a top Defense. Dumb is not remembering that the starter QB threw the ball for 65 yards the prior game. Dumb is not remembering that Peterman had a good game in the Blizzard. And finally dumb is whoever believes that Tyrod is a starter in the NFL.

Good post man

Edited by xRUSHx

8 hours ago, stuvian said:

Look, I get that TT is not a franchise QB but that doesn`t mean he isn`t good enough for us to win. Does anyone really think we'd be better off with "playoff" QBs like Bortles, Mariota, Foles, Smith or Keenum? Another question to ask is whether we'd be playoff bound with Sammy and Dareus. Just finding the TT bashing very weak when its used as the sole reason we don`t advance. 

Tiresome, you know what is tiresome, the blind support a backup QB receives.

The people who soooo badly want him to be good and he just isn't. The people who argue to the end and throw out every stupid meaningless stat to try and justify their support of hot garbage is tiresome. The fact that time and again it has been proven he is not good and the supporters choose to ignore it, that's tiresome.

• Like (+1) 1

Is it bashing to point out real inabilities?

The word "bashing" makes it seem like it's unwarranted. It's not. WithvTyrod, you need everything else to go perfectly or you can't win. That's why the game was over after the refs cheated for Pats... because we need to roll, have momentum, get turnovers, and stay ahead to win with Taylor.

Yesterdays game needed to ebe a  shootout, and we aren't capabble of that. As Romo said, this is not a team that wins 35-30, they win by 3 when they hold another team under 20 points... sometimes.

• Like (+1) 1

Mercifully, after next week this issue probably goes the way of EJ criticism.  On a good day, Tyrod is a mediocre qb.  He makes a pretty good backup.  We'll be moving on, but if you want to get upset about criticism, have fun while you can.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Taylor always comes up short in crunch time.  Instead of elevating his game he folds and the Bills lose.  Sorry but he sucks.

11 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Fans need a scape goat. It's just easy to blame the QB. 

Meanwhile those same fans excuse McDermott for passing on all QBs in last years draft before settling for Peterman in the 5th. 

I would have been happy with either Watson or Mahomes in last years #10 spot...

But nobody is "scapegoating" TT... We've seen him play... He simply is not good enough and at this point in his career never will be...

So now unless you want to sign Keenum or Cousins for huge bucks in FA the Bills need to trade up for one of these QBs in this years draft... I don't have a personal favorite here... Hopefully the Bills can pick their right guy... 

Edited by DefenseWins
mispelling

Meanwhile those same fans excuse McDermott for passing on all QBs in last years draft before settling for Peterman in the 5th. 

Kizer - looks like crap but I can chalk that up to the Factory of Sadness

Watson - I can give you this one, but is his play sustainable? Will he be the same after the ACL?

Trub - looks absolutely "meh." Not worth the price Chicago paid. 

Mahomes -If Reid thought him ready, I'm sure he would have passed Smith on the depth chart after the abysmal stretch he had

Peterman has not looked bad for a rookie, LAC game aside (top five defense including two absolute game wreckers in his face all day didn't help)

11 hours ago, stuvian said:

Look, I get that TT is not a franchise QB but that doesn`t mean he isn`t good enough for us to win. Does anyone really think we'd be better off with "playoff" QBs like Bortles, Mariota, Foles, Smith or Keenum? Another question to ask is whether we'd be playoff bound with Sammy and Dareus. Just finding the TT bashing very weak when its used as the sole reason we don`t advance. 

I would take any of those QB's over a visionless QB that cannot pass the football or call a audible. Not only am I not watching the Dolphins game I am not watching any more games where TT is the QB or QB on another team. It's a boring brand of football.

I'd be happy to get Tyrod an Escape Goat that he can ride right out of Buffalo.  And I actually like TT, I really want him to succeed, but he's just not clutch and we need more, IMO.

Regardless, there is potential that TT won't be here next year and if he's starting on another team, we'll get a little more data to help us answer the "coaching staff or Quarterback" question.

I guess I'm betting on the Coach / GM in their first year, vs the QB in his 8th... 

:beer:

• Like (+1) 1