Keep hiring conservative DC's and this is what you get

Yeezus

D kept this team in many games. Had some stinkers but they can't hold up forever in a game where your QB doesn't throw the ball on 4th and 2 inside the 10. D isn't the issue, they looked good most of the day. Ran out of gas. The O sucks because TT sucks. That simple.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, zonabb said:

D kept this team in many games. Had some stinkers but they can't hold up forever in a game where your QB doesn't throw the ball on 4th and 2 inside the 10. D isn't the issue, they looked good most of the day. Ran out of gas. The O sucks because TT sucks. That simple.

This is about how I feel. The only difference is the offence did better then I thought they would. This game could of been a Bills victory.

Edited by Lfod

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Oh I agree.

The sack the play before was inexcusable. But that play call was basically saying "ok, we give up." 

Well when you have the dead last passing offense and a QB that refuses to throw the ball what should they do???

granted the Shaud Draw should NEVER go to Tolbert 

37 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Oh good, its the "insipid Yeezus thread" part of a loss

Ya gotta look for the silver linings!  :lol:

22 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Did you watch the game?  Tyrod was garbage.  Took horrible sacks, inaccurate passes everywhere, missed a wide receiver wide open in the endzone.  How is anyone defending him??? 

I'm afraid of being called a racist if I say Taylor sucks.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

Mcdermott has no clue what it takes to run a successful offense in the NFL. It is why he hired Rick Dennsion, a guy who also has never had a good offense of his own. This guy ruined our run game and took a top 10 scoring offense with the same exact personnel and butchered it

The Bills have REPEATEDLY hired conservative DC's with no sense on how to develop a QB or run an offense and our fans wonder why we haven't made the playoffs in almost 20 years.  

Does anyone really believe this coaching staff can actually develop a rookie QB?? Imagine a rookie QB with Dennison's god awful playcalling. It's 2018, the only thing that matters in the NFL is having a franchise QB and a top 10 offense. If you don't have either than don't even bother thinking about playoffs 

I'm gonna guess you meant OC, both in your headline and in your post. One mistake is excusable, 2 makes you forfeit your right to criticize the competence of others.

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

Ya gotta love for the silver linings!  :lol:

I'm afraid of being called a racist if I say Taylor sucks.

if you say he sucks because he's black, you would be.

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Oh I agree.

The sack the play before was inexcusable. But that play call was basically saying "ok, we give up." 

Other teams try draw runs in those situations too.  It's not an easy down and distance that Tyrod put them in by his boneheaded previous play

Edited by Buffalo30

Havent read the thread all the way but when we decided to kick instead of going for it on 4th and 1 thats when this game was over. Season was on the line and it was a bad call. Knew it wasnt going in the second we decided to kick. Live and learn I guess

18 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Not in that situation IMO. You take a 15 yard sack in your own red zone with Taylor at QB, smart play is for the punt. The sack, not the Tolbert draw, was the inexcusable part of that series.

So then just punt it after the sack, if that’s the type of play you are going to call after.

Look the sack is on Taylor, 100%. That doesn’t mean Dennison has to call a play to Tolbert. If Shady isn’t on the field, call something else, anything else. Jet sweep if you have to. 

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

So then just punt it after the sack, if that’s the type of play you are going to call after.

Look the sack is on Taylor, 100%. That doesn’t mean Dennison has to call a play to Tolbert. If Shady isn’t on the field, call something else, anything else. Jet sweep if you have to. 

They basically were punting with that call. Is it conservative, yes. It’s also the right decision in that situation.

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

They basically were punting with that call. Is it conservative, yes. It’s also the right decision in that situation.

Then just punt it, why run the other 2 plays?!?

Look other teams are faced with 2nd and long, who also have **** at QB. Jay Cutler and the Dolphins spring to mind. Hell they nearly picked up a 1st and 35 against the Bills. 

You don’t have to give up.

49 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

McDermott was confusing Brady with his defense at times.  Did no one else seriously notice that?  He threw a pick six.  He was having trouble when the game was still within reach.  After that, the defenders gave up.  If we get more talent on the front 7...we look solid. And of course a new QB 

He's been bad all year man.  This isn't new today.  

He's been average all year. After losing both of his receivers and playing without his starting LT. He's been ok but not good or elite. Not gonna get us where we want to be.

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

Then just punt it, why run the other 2 plays?!?

Look other teams are faced with 2nd and long, who also have **** at QB. Jay Cutler and the Dolphins spring to mind. Hell they nearly picked up a 1st and 35 against the Bills. 

You don’t have to give up.

Because nobody punts on second down. Look, was it overly conservative, sure. So was the field goal call from 50. But that’s how you play when your team is built the way the Bills are. It’s totally consistent with their approach this year.

3 minutes ago, unclepete said:

He's been average all year. After losing both of his receivers and playing without his starting LT. He's been ok but not good or elite. Not gonna get us where we want to be.

He may not lose us a lot of games but he doesn't make the plays to win the games for us.  He hasn't taken that next step.  He's average at best.  Losing his left tackle isn't an excuse.  Dawkins has been just fine over there.  Tyrod had chances to throw the ball away on his sacks but he decided to try and outrun the defenders...hasn't worked out.  He isn't smart enough with his decision making

It was a crap, gutless call with the season pretty much on the line.   You converted how many 3rd downs in the first half, so why think you cant convert a 4 and 2.   A quick pass to KB for 2 yards would be hard for any CB to defend.   To me, there is no aguement it was the wrong call.   You are playing against the Pats and Brady, they are going to score more so you have to score more.  

Edited by billsfan714