Browns could pass on Rosen given his desire to go to NYG

YoloinOhio

Wgr was acting like the joke was on everyone when the Browns traded for Brock. Like the Browns were somehow reinventing the wheel. That team is a complete disgrace and everything about it should be ashamed. I don’t care how bad the players are. They are 1-29 under Jackson. No matter what he should be fired. Every thing that team has done has been wrong. What they are trying to do, does not work in the NFL. It does work in the NHL obviously, I mean look at how great the Sabres are...WGR was asking for that tank on opening day. Trying to lose does not pay. If you get there by chance, then you get there. To try and lose before the year even starts, should somehow result in a forced sale of a team. Obviously I realize that’s impossible. I just hate it.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I wouldn't bet on that. Rosen is an independent thinker with a non-conformist attitude. 

LOL. Wanting to play for the Giants is neither independent thinking nor non-conformity.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

If I'm Cleveland I draft the guy and then give him the option of not playing for 4 years or signing the contract...

Enough of these players thinking they can control what team they play on.

Eli says hello

I mentioned this back when it was rumored that Darnold wouldn’t declare if Browns had first pick, but trying to avoid the Browns at the top of the draft in any year is a pretty fruitless endeavor. Returning to school for that reason could backfire as it’s likely the Browns will have the first pick again next year. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Rosen could easily not declare and go back to UCLA.

Not going to happen. He doesn't even remotely fit into Chip Kelly's plans nor his offensive system of run first. Rosen will definitely come out this April and whoever is dumb enough to pick him is going to be surely disappointed. The best comparison I've heard yet of Josh Rosen is Jay Cutler and that is very accurate.

• Like (+1) 1

There would be a certain irony here in that the same thing happened with Eli.  San Diego drafted him #1, but he had stated prior to draft he wasn't goin to play for them.  So they worked out trade with Giants who used their first pick on Rivers, then traded him and some picks for the Eli pick.   

Could happen again.

21 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Not going to happen. He doesn't even remotely fit into Chip Kelly's plans nor his offensive system of run first. Rosen will definitely come out this April and whoever is dumb enough to pick him is going to be surely disappointed. The best comparison I've heard yet of Josh Rosen is Jay Cutler and that is very accurate.

Your assessment runs contrary to most.  We'll see if you're right in the long run. 

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t think that it works that way. If he doesn’t sign the contract he is eligible again for the draft a year later (Bo Jackson). 

He'll sign. He doesn't want to play for the Browns but he will.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

!@#$ what Rosen wants. If I’m the Browns I take him.  Let him sit out a year he wants.

Exactly. He won't sit.

58 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They cannot just spend a 1st round pick at the top of the draft with no return. 

They will not. Garrett was very similar and is a beast.

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I mentioned this back when it was rumored that Darnold wouldn’t declare if Browns had first pick, but trying to avoid the Browns at the top of the draft in any year is a pretty fruitless endeavor. Returning to school for that reason could backfire as it’s likely the Browns will have the first pick again next year. 

Exactly right. He won't go back after declaring.

calling this the "price" of tanking is much ado about nothing.