Browns could pass on Rosen given his desire to go to NYG

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

What happened to the bills first round pick when Kelly refused to sign? Was there any compensation or did they just hold his rights indefinitely? And can’t the browns do the same?

Different situation

Kelly didnt refuse to sign with Buffalo and re-enter the draft.  He opted to sign with a competitor league, therefore the Bills held his rights.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Not going to happen. He doesn't even remotely fit into Chip Kelly's plans nor his offensive system of run first. Rosen will definitely come out this April and whoever is dumb enough to pick him is going to be surely disappointed. The best comparison I've heard yet of Josh Rosen is Jay Cutler and that is very accurate.

DON'T CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE?

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm sorry but this topic definitely strikes a nerve with me.  I'm really getting sick and tired hearing about these college QB's, who've never played a down of pro football, publicly stating what NFL team they DON'T  want to play for.  And then this kid has the nerve to take it a step further and threaten to stay in school if the Browns do seriously consider drafting him. Are you effing kidding me???  

The NFL is an exclusive fraternity, where membership includes millions and millions of dollars, resulting in security for you, your family and children, and possibly generations to come.  To play in the NFL is a privilege, not a right, I don't give a shyte what stats you put up in school, nor where "experts" have you projected to go in the draft.  Yet here we are today where more and more players are trying to tell people who they aren't going to play for!!   It blows my mind.   The draft is a rite of passage.  I'm sure since the beginning of NFL time, players have dreamed of going to their favorite team, or cities they've always wanted to play in.  But you know what?  When their name was called, by whatever team it was that decided to draft them, they headed out to that team, and they played NFL football.  Why can't these young kids do the same?  And by allowing these young sofites to continue to come forward with these audacious demands, and actually honoring their wishes, you are further tainting a product that is already diminishing on an almost week to week basis.  And you are ruining a tradition that has always been an exciting part of the NFL.  I hate that Eli Manning was allowed to kickstart  this trend back when he was drafted.  Are we headed to a day when instead of having an NFL draft, we'll have a college "decision day", where the top college players will walk out, sit down at a podium, and then whip out and put on the hat of the NFL team they're decided to play for????   

Sad....really sad.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:46 AM, matter2003 said:

If I'm Cleveland I draft the guy and then give him the option of not playing for 4 years or signing the contract...

Enough of these players thinking they can control what team they play on.

I believe it is just one year. If he refuses to sign he reenters the draft the next year.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:56 AM, JaCrispy said:

Do the browns lose that pick though or are they awarded an extra first rounder the following year?

They lose it.

They could then draft Rosen again next year if they have 1st the next year also...... that would be epic funny and great drama. Even more epic would be if he fell to 2nd or 3rd round the next year after his refusal to sign, and Browns still drafted him.....lol.

Edited by cba fan

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 9:58 AM, JaCrispy said:

What happened to the bills first round pick when Kelly refused to sign? Was there any compensation or did they just hold his rights indefinitely? And can’t the browns do the same?

Kelly was different. He went to CFL and signed a pro contract. Not sure how that changed everything or if the fact USFL folded and all those players needed an orderly reentry into NFL so maybe NFL arbitrarily ruled teams that had the USFL players initial rights in certain circumstances retained them in the dispersal of USFL player rights.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:02 PM, smuvtalker said:

I'm sorry but this topic definitely strikes a nerve with me.  I'm really getting sick and tired hearing about these college QB's, who've never played a down of pro football, publicly stating what NFL team they DON'T  want to play for.  And then this kid has the nerve to take it a step further and threaten to stay in school if the Browns do seriously consider drafting him. Are you effing kidding me???  

The NFL is an exclusive fraternity, where membership includes millions and millions of dollars, resulting in security for you, your family and children, and possibly generations to come.  To play in the NFL is a privilege, not a right, I don't give a shyte what stats you put up in school, nor where "experts" have you projected to go in the draft.  Yet here we are today where more and more players are trying to tell people who they aren't going to play for!!   It blows my mind.   The draft is a rite of passage.  I'm sure since the beginning of NFL time, players have dreamed of going to their favorite team, or cities they've always wanted to play in.  But you know what?  When their name was called, by whatever team it was that decided to draft them, they headed out to that team, and they played NFL football.  Why can't these young kids do the same?  And by allowing these young sofites to continue to come forward with these audacious demands, and actually honoring their wishes, you are further tainting a product that is already diminishing on an almost week to week basis.  And you are ruining a tradition that has always been an exciting part of the NFL.  I hate that Eli Manning was allowed to kickstart  this trend back when he was drafted.  Are we headed to a day when instead of having an NFL draft, we'll have a college "decision day", where the top college players will walk out, sit down at a podium, and then whip out and put on the hat of the NFL team they're decided to play for????   

Sad....really sad.

I would take the other route and declare I will only play for a certain team like for example Buffalo. Then list all the reasons. I visited and loved the area and people. It is an up and coming area. The game day atmosphere is like no other and closer to college etc etc.. Fans are rabid and smartest in NFL and very supportive. I always looked up to Kelly/Smith/Tasker/Levy etc etc......I want to be the guy who stands on the podium when the hard scrabble Bills fans finally get their due with the Lombardi Trophy etc etc........

He would bi-polar the sports opinion of him immediately but he also would immediately became an instant cult star for life in WNY and parts of Canada.

On 12/24/2017 at 6:46 AM, matter2003 said:

If I'm Cleveland I draft the guy and then give him the option of not playing for 4 years or signing the contract...

Enough of these players thinking they can control what team they play on.

Yeah, screw their freedom of choice, those bastards!