CNN losing credibility as each day passes... Its pure propaganda at this point

39 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I've done plenty of court arguments in my career. And yes, I think I "know the material" in each and every one.

But you know what I still do? Prepare. Practice. Lawyers do moot court sessions with their colleagues in which they can be asked any and every thing. It would be malpractice to just walk into a courtroom and start spewing things off the top of my head.

But no, we should expect our candidates today to stand for 90 minutes riffing on things like battery powered boats and sharks and my genius uncle at MIT rather than actually study and prepare. That's the true sign of genius.

I always wanted to go to one of those stupid trump rallies to try to make sense of what that ####### is talking about? 90 minutes of just *****en stupidity that only his base can eat up. No wonder a lot of them leave early and now not many people show up. 

29 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

I always wanted to go to one of those stupid trump rallies to try to make sense of what that ####### is talking about? 90 minutes of just *****en stupidity that only his base can eat up. No wonder a lot of them leave early and now not many people show up. 

Your Thursday night fear is showing.

Trump...is...gonna...getcha....

Sleep tight tonight, boo boo

• Like (+1) 1

CNN Is STILL Too Afraid to Update Its Election Projection Map.

ef60eebb-69eb-42f6-9747-2a63f7b4aa55-105

Back in January, CNN launched its election projection map called "Road to 270," which features an interactive map based on "public and private polling, conversations with campaign advisers, Republican and Democratic political operatives, members of Congress, and political professionals involved with outside groups poised to be active in the race." 

Its inaugural projection had Trump winning the Electoral College and thus the presidency, 272 to Biden's 225, with three states remaining as toss-ups: Arizona, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania. 

At the time the map was launched, CNN promised that "Future versions of this outlook will similarly reflect the realities of the race, as best we can assess them at the time."

Yet, nearly six months later, CNN hasn't updated their map yet.

https://pjmedia.com/matt-margolis/2024/06/25/cnn-is-still-too-afraid-to-update-its-election-projection-map-n4930129

42 minutes ago, phypon said:

Your Thursday night fear is showing.

Trump...is...gonna...getcha....

Sleep tight tonight, boo boo

Yeah right. Maga tears I love it. Right out of the maga playbook. B word whine cry make excuses for trump. Poor little baby always the victim! Lol what a joke. 

1 hour ago, 4th&long said:

It's basically an insult comic routine. Long digressions like some old monologue comedian. Everyone's heard the shtick before but they still fake laugh and applaud. Sharks. Electric boats. Ramps that he thought were too slippery. Joe Biden doesn't know where he is. Hillary is a crook. We beat Obama. Wiry looking immigrants are really cage fighters. Blah blah blah

It's a bonding experience for them. People who look like me! He plays to people like us! He's paying attention to us! Yes, a cult experience.

I went to one political rally in my life. Believe it or not it was Mike Dukakis 88. I was working downtown where the rally was. Most boring stupid thing ever. Kept waiting for him while people like Darryl Hannah said things like "we need a guy like Mike who'll roll up his sleeves and work for us." I barely caught Dukakis before I had to go back to work. Why anyone attends these things is beyond me.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It's basically an insult comic routine. Long digressions like some old monologue comedian. Everyone's heard the shtick before but they still fake laugh and applaud. Sharks. Electric boats. Ramps that he thought were too slippery. Joe Biden doesn't know where he is. Hillary is a crook. We beat Obama. Wiry looking immigrants are really cage fighters. Blah blah blah

Does he ever talk about policy? Why do these idiots even go? Don’t they have something better to do than listen to some asshat ramble on about sharks and boats? I’d like to see if he ever strings it all together, if it ever makes sense? We only see what the news tells us. So we try to understand maga? Are they really all that *****en stupid? I got maga family members and neighbors, I feel like I should try to understand them. My brother is an alcoholic and done almost as many drugs as trump so I can understand his brain being fried.

Just now, 4th&long said:

Does he ever talk about policy?

Not really.

There's the close the border thing, in which he implies that he'd go back to the Title 42 thing, which was based on a declaration of a COVID health emergency.

There's the occasional quarter-baked tax stuff. Last week he was eliminating the income tax and going to a full tariff-based revenue system. This week he was keeping the Paul Ryan tax amendments in place. In other words, not eliminating the income tax, but keeping it in its current form and adding new taxes (tariffs), which isn't exactly lowering taxes except in Trump's mind. We let the states decide on abortion! Yeah, and New Mexico now is the abortion capital of America as Texans go there. So if you think abortion is baby killing, well, you accomplished nothing except raising the cost a bit. What's next?  You'll end the Ukraine-Russia war in 24 hours. In other words, you'll pull all U.S. assistance and tell Ukraine to waive the white flag.

And they eat it up, don't they.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 4th&long said:

I’m sure Joe is going to get asked about the economy and his son Hunter etc. trump will be asked about his conviction, all his other charges. His desire to be the next hitler, 1/6. Pardoning all his criminal friends. How bad he ***** up the COVID response, being a pathological liar, raping women, cheating on all his wife’s and kids, stealing from a children’s cancer charity etc. They have both answered all these questions a million times. Highly doubtful either of them will be stumped. 

This is what I don't like about these "debates".  They're not debates.  In a debate you pick a topic and both sides have a couple of rounds to give their side of the story and rebut.  

I'd like to see them give both sides the questions.  But not as questions but more as topics.  Things like America's role in the war in Ukraine, health care, Medicare/Medicaid, poverty, student loans, tax policy, climate change, etc.

Pick 4 or 5 for the first debate and 4or 5 more for the second. Flip a coin or draw straws to see who goes first (would be nice if there were more than 2). Then they each get 4 minutes to state their case.  Then after each speaks, each candidate would get a 2 minute rebuttal.  Then on to the next topic with the other candidate starting first.

This way we would get a LOT more info about them and what they think they can do if elected.  Maybe we wouldn't get the funny zingers like Senator Benson teling VP Quayle he was no FDR or allow time for VP Harris to call President Biden a racist on national TV, but I could live with that.

Wouldn't matter who the moderator is cuz essentially they would be time keepers and announce the next topic.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

Yeah right. Maga tears I love it. Right out of the maga playbook. B word whine cry make excuses for trump. Poor little baby always the victim! Lol what a joke. 

Did you really just pull a "I know you are but what am I" tantrum??  LOL.  Good luck on Thursday night, boo boo.

Don't forget about your boy:

george-clooney-batman.jpg

12 minutes ago, phypon said:

Did you really just pull a "I know you are but what am I" tantrum??  LOL.  Good luck on Thursday night, boo boo.

Don't forget about your boy:

george-clooney-batman.jpg

You’re the one who keeps talking about him. Are you gay? I don’t need luck on Thursday, I don’t care what happens. I just love the maga tears, making excuses all the time. You can’t make this stuff up. I think you need your head examined if you watch that debate between those two idiots. I’ll just laugh at you Friday because am old senile man will make trump look like the idiot that he is! 😂 

22 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This is what I don't like about these "debates".  They're not debates.  In a debate you pick a topic and both sides have a couple of rounds to give their side of the story and rebut.  

I'd like to see them give both sides the questions.  But not as questions but more as topics.  Things like America's role in the war in Ukraine, health care, Medicare/Medicaid, poverty, student loans, tax policy, climate change, etc.

Pick 4 or 5 for the first debate and 4or 5 more for the second. Flip a coin or draw straws to see who goes first (would be nice if there were more than 2). Then they each get 4 minutes to state their case.  Then after each speaks, each candidate would get a 2 minute rebuttal.  Then on to the next topic with the other candidate starting first.

This way we would get a LOT more info about them and what they think they can do if elected.  Maybe we wouldn't get the funny zingers like Senator Benson teling VP Quayle he was no FDR or allow time for VP Harris to call President Biden a racist on national TV, but I could live with that.

Wouldn't matter who the moderator is cuz essentially they would be time keepers and announce the next topic.

Trumps campaign is already walking back the whole green card claim. Trump doesn’t even know what his own policy’s are. They haven’t told him yet. It’s up to the highest bidder still I guess.

Uh-huh.

CNN Could Be Forced to Pay Upwards of $1 Billion from Defamation Suit from Tapper Show

The case may not be as well known (yet), but CNN could be facing a defamation liability rivaling or exceeding the $787 million Fox News paid out to Dominion Voting Systems. NewsBusters recently reported on Florida’s First District Court of Appeals affirming that plaintiff Zachary Young could seek punitive damages, in addition to economic and emotional damages, from the Cable News Network in a civil trial after they allegedly defamed him regarding his work in getting people out of Afghanistan. The total could near or exceed $1 billion.

For that outcome to be remotely in the cards, Young needed to prove malice and according to the ruling, he’s done exactly that. “Young sufficiently proffered evidence of actual malice, express malice, and a level of conduct outrageous enough to open the door for him to seek punitive damages,” Judge L. Clayton Roberts wrote in the court’s ruling.

The court felt the high bars for actual and expressed malice were met because of internal CNN messages that were extremely vicious toward Young. Correspondent  Alex Marquardt, the “primary reporter” expressed in a message to a colleague that he wanted to “nail this Zachary Young m&#%$er” and thought the story would be Young’s “funeral.” On that declaration of wanting to “nail” Young, CNN editor Matthew Philips responded: “gonna hold you to that cowboy!”

</snip>

The case hinged on CNN’s use of the phrases “black market” and “exploited” to describe Young’s legitimate business helping corporately sponsored Afghans escape the country as it collapsed around them and the Taliban retook control. Young’s clients included Audible and Bloomberg News - one of CNN’s industry peers, and he saved 24 people.

Freedman said CNN essentially “branded [Young] a human trafficker” and a “war profiteer” and broadcasted it to millions of households.

Jake Tapper, the host whose show the allegedly defamatory story ran on (The Lead), also made a point to note that people seeking escape were given “no guarantee of safety or success.” Yet, at no point could CNN prove that what Young was doing was a scam. In fact, their editors admitted in messages that couldn’t find evidence of it.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2024/06/24/cnn-could-be-forced-pay-upwards-1-billion-defamation-suit

https://1dca.flcourts.gov/content/download/2435811/opinion/Opinion_2023-2237.pdf