CNN losing credibility as each day passes... Its pure propaganda at this point

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I was working that day in a restaurant in Beverly Hills. And for some reason we had to listen to the game on the radio in Spanish. I guess that was back in the day when I didn’t have the balls to say “hey *****stick this is America!  We speak English here!!”  I did learn a new term though. Otra vez = again. That’s what the announcers kept saying after Schroeder’s 5 interceptions. Of course they were all Raider fans. It was a beautiful day. 

In college, I had an ####### Raiders fan (yes, I know that is redundant) give me crap all morning leading up to the game. "The Raiders were going to kick the Bills' asses." Blah...blah...  He was pretty quiet most of the afternoon and was surprisingly absent later in the day.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, KRC said:

In college, I had an ####### Raiders fan (yes, I know that is redundant) give me crap all morning leading up to the game. "The Raiders were going to kick the Bills' asses." Blah...blah...  He was pretty quiet most of the afternoon and was surprisingly absent later in the day.

How confident were you about the Super Bowl? I thought we had the better team, didn't like just having a one week break, thought that helped NY 

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

How confident were you about the Super Bowl? I thought we had the better team, didn't like just having a one week break, thought that helped NY 

I was not confident (I am a Bills fan, after all). The Giants had a good game plan and it worked. I talked to Parcells about it a few years ago. He knew what he wanted to do and did not have to deviate from the plan.

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, KRC said:

I was not confident (I am a Bills fan, after all). The Giants had a good game plan and it worked. I talked to Parcells about it a few years ago. He knew what he wanted to do and did not have to deviate from the plan.

Two words.  Bill Belichick.  

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

No.  Belichick shut down one of the highest powered offenses to every play the game.  It should never have come down to that 47 yard field goal attempt.  

He didn't "shut it down" as much as keep it off the field.  

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

No.  Belichick shut down one of the highest powered offenses to every play the game.  It should never have come down to that 47 yard field goal attempt.  

Such a close game and a lot of what ifs i.e. what if we tackle Mark Bavaro short of the 1st down?
But yes, the evil genius shut down our O and Parcells kept them off the field with ground and pound.

31 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Such a close game and a lot of what ifs i.e. what if we tackle Mark Bavaro short of the 1st down?
But yes, the evil genius shut down our O and Parcells kept them off the field with ground and pound.

nobody was going to stop Bavaro

ever

It wasn’t Bavaro. If Talley tackles Dave Meggett on 3rd and 19 on the Jints opening 3rd quarter drive The Bills would have won.

Also I’d Lofton didn’t get tacked on the game opening bomb from Kelly he would have scored instead they only got a field goal.

And if Bruce shook the ball out of Hostetler’s hand And they got a TD insofar a safety, The Bills would have won. 

Thanks for making me relive my nightmare. 

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

It wasn’t Bavaro. If Talley tackles Dave Meggett on 3rd and 19 on the Jints opening 3rd quarter drive The Bills would have won.

Also I’d Lofton didn’t get tacked on the game opening bomb from Kelly he would have scored instead they only got a field goal.

And if Bruce shook the ball out of Hostetler’s hand And they got a TD insofar a safety, The Bills would have won. 

Thanks for making me relive my nightmare. 

I'm sure Bavaro put together very important blocks all game

14 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Reminded me of the 51-3 beating of the Raiders in the AFC Championship game where they kept breaking in for the 1st Iraqi war news. Every time they came back to the game we had scored again. I still have that game on a VCR tape.

we were there. the stadium was rocking. plenty of good food outside both before and after. it was so freaking cold that if you didn't either guzzle your beer or have a cozy on it, it was going to freeze before you could finish drinking it. as it was, the pop top looked like a frozen Niagara Falls. 

15 minutes ago, Foxx said:

we were there. the stadium was rocking. plenty of good food outside both before and after. it was so freaking cold that if you didn't either guzzle your beer or have a cozy on it, it was going to freeze before you could finish drinking it. as it was, the pop top looked like a frozen Niagara Falls. 

It was cold but nothing like the game against the Raiders (or was it the Chiefs?) a year or two later when the high was something like -2 that day.  That one was hard to sit through except for it being another big win. 

15 minutes ago, Foxx said:

That year we had a group of Bills fans and one Dolphin fan go to three different houses for the playoffs. Two of us got to keep our houses but one guy had to sell his or we'd never return to it because of the bad memories.

3 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

It was cold but nothing like the game against the Raiders (or was it the Chiefs?) a year or two later when the high was something like -2 that day.  That one was hard to sit through except for it being another big win. 

Was that the game Montana played?

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

That year we had a group of Bills fans and one Dolphin fan go to three different houses for the playoffs. Two of us got to keep our houses but one guy had to sell his or we'd never return to it because of the bad memories.

Was that the game Montana played?

Montana's last game was a playoff game against the Bills I believe but the extremely cold game may have been the 2nd Raider playoff game in '92 or '93?  Would have to look it up.

3 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

If Thurman has not run out of bounds on that last run before the “wide right” and made it a 43 yarder instead of 47. I assume it was they were out of timeouts but I knew there was no way he was going to make the kick. I looked at my wife and said “too far”

19 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Montana's last game was a playoff game against the Bills I believe but the extremely cold game may have been the 2nd Raider playoff game in '92 or '93?  Would have to look it up.

Joe's last game was a 1994 season playoff loss at Miami

• Like (+1) 1