CNN losing credibility as each day passes... Its pure propaganda at this point

14 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

I am okay with punching Nazis, but kids have to be off limits.  The question is, is a teenage nazi punchable?

Not if he is in the Hitler youth because they will kill his family if he doesn't comply. 

A genuine question coming from a liberal.  I am with you all that media and journalism are in a laughably bad and scary place.  CNN and company are bad news sources, and entertainment and money seem to be the priority.  There is a large amount of bias, manipulation, and inaccurate information.  And this spreads not just from their TV station, but through social media.  Okay my question.  Don't you think the same is happening with a pro-republican agenda?  Fox news and all of the pro-conservative propaganda on social media is just as awful.  

I think the news and manipulation on social media are both extremely troubling (to a degree where I want to ignore it), but don't you all think this pandemic is on both sides of the political spectrum?  I hate the narrative that fox news and breitbart aren't just as biased and untrustworthy.  I don't think either is worse than the other (and both are at an all-time low), with the exception that the less educated may be targeted more often.  Agree/disagree?

31 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

A genuine question coming from a liberal.  I am with you all that media and journalism are in a laughably bad and scary place.  CNN and company are bad news sources, and entertainment and money seem to be the priority.  There is a large amount of bias, manipulation, and inaccurate information.  And this spreads not just from their TV station, but through social media.  Okay my question.  Don't you think the same is happening with a pro-republican agenda?  Fox news and all of the pro-conservative propaganda on social media is just as awful.  

I think the news and manipulation on social media are both extremely troubling (to a degree where I want to ignore it), but don't you all think this pandemic is on both sides of the political spectrum?  I hate the narrative that fox news and breitbart aren't just as biased and untrustworthy.  I don't think either is worse than the other (and both are at an all-time low), with the exception that the less educated may be targeted more often.  Agree/disagree?

to a point....

Fox puts contrary views on some shows.  Chris Wallace and William Kristol are not conservatives at all.

The liberal media 100% believes it is telling the total objective truth, no bias whatsoever, all the news that fit to be told.  They are so deluded....

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

to a point....

Fox puts contrary views on some shows.  Chris Wallace and William Kristol are not conservatives at all.

The liberal media 100% believes it is telling the total objective truth, no bias whatsoever, all the news that fit to be told.  They are so deluded....

The last time I watched Fox was during the Ferguson riots, and they had a truly diverse panel of people (including Brown's relatives) on representing multiple viewpoints having a reasonably civil exchange with each other.

CNN had reporters on the scene talking about what the riots meant for CNN.

-------------------------------------------------------------

In addition many past-GOP supporting media outlets are being very babyish and refusing to see anything good about Trump, going so far as to endorse Hillary and sucking on their teeth despite what they have called for the last 20 years coming true...

National Review and George Will are too obvious but should be mentioned.

If Hillary had won there would never have been a single negative thing stated about her by the MSM or any Democratic agent

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

to a point....

I agree, I just think the conservative media is doing the same.  There’s some good journalist on both sides, but I wouldn’t trust either.  I guess I’ve noticed more out right lies lately from the liberal media, as opposed to catering to your audience and funneling information from the conservative media.  But that makes sense with a conservative president.  I remember some ridiculous assertions from when Obama was president.  Yea it’s gottenn way worse now, but I think that’s just the trend.

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The last time I watched Fox was during the Ferguson riots, and they had a truly diverse panel of people (including Brown's relatives) on representing multiple viewpoints having a reasonably civil exchange with each other.

CNN had reporters on the scene talking about what the riots meant for CNN.

Tuned in briefly to CNN after the Buzzcock nonsense and a panel of 6 all said the same thing, and when they began their script announced they 100% fully agreed with the truth of what the prior panelists had said.

One would have been sufficient

actually i could have written the script and they could have put it on the screen on a scroll and none's the wiser

11 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

I agree, I just think the conservative media is doing the same.  There’s some good journalist on both sides, but I wouldn’t trust either.  I guess I’ve noticed more out right lies lately from the liberal media, as opposed to catering to your audience and funneling information from the conservative media.  But that makes sense with a conservative president.  I remember some ridiculous assertions from when Obama was president.  Yea it’s gottenn way worse now, but I think that’s just the trend.

it depends, what is the better argument?

1)  that you should be free to live your life as you want or that government should come in and shut you down

2) that you should be free to worship in your religion of choice or that all religion should be destroyed immediately

3)  that you are the best judge of what to do with your hard-earned money, or that government agencies should take away another 20% from you and waste it

4) that you should be protected from murderers and violent offenders, or that you can file your nails to show contempt for the victims and their families

it's not a matter of liking the vanilla or strawberry strip of ice cream in the Neapolian brick

31 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

You're absolutely correct, bad journalism/blatant partisan propaganda happens in both right and left media outlets. 

I'm probably going to sound boring, because this is almost the same answer I gave to one of your earlier posts today, but that's because they're not really left/right outlets. They're establishment outlets. The establishment is a uniparty consisting of both Ds and Rs in public office. The corporate media is one of the establishments most potent weapons and it's used to push buttons on both sides of the aisle. 

Fox news calling California early in the past midterm is one such example of a "right" leaning outlet making a "blunder" that hugely favored the establishment.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

there is a reason why they are called the wings, it is because both are connected to the bird in the middle. you would be wise to keep your eye on that beast that connects the two wings.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You're absolutely correct, bad journalism/blatant partisan propaganda happens in both right and left media outlets. 

I'm probably going to sound boring, because this is almost the same answer I gave to one of your earlier posts today, but that's because they're not really left/right outlets. They're establishment outlets. The establishment is a uniparty consisting of both Ds and Rs in public office. The corporate media is one of the establishments most potent weapons and it's used to push buttons on both sides of the aisle. 

Fox news calling California early in the past midterm is one such example of a "right" leaning outlet making a "blunder" that hugely favored the establishment.  

@Crayola64

To piggyback on this point, the easiest way to describe this is that the entrenched power structure has created the illusion of disagreement, playing both sides against the middle, for the purpose of enriching themselves at the expense of everyone else.  Division is the key to their game.  Everything most people believe to be true is at least a partial lie, stacked ontop of falsehoods.   The purpose is control.

I encourage a reading of one of the most important books that no one knows about:  The Image:  A Guide to Pseudo-Events in America, it is instructive.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Crayola64 said:

I agree, I just think the conservative media is doing the same. 

Here's the thing that's hanging you up: CNN was never 'liberal media.' CNN was always the more middle of the road news. It was always live when when sh!t hit the fan and you needed answers in real time, because they were airing 24/7 and you didn't want to wait for Dan Rather to get out of make up.

That's not CNN now. Nor CBS, ABC, NBC, etc.

Fox tilts heavily right from an opinion standpoint, but when it comes to reporting news, no one anywhere competes with Bret Baier. Not one person. While an opinion person, you could argue Greta Van Susteren was very, very even. You could even argue their other anchor, Shep Smith is more leftist when you start tabulating his little side comments he needs to drop in.

In the end, none of it is watchable just for an hour of Bret, so anymore I just skim for headlines to keep abreast and use Twitter to mock liberals because the most vocal liberals here -- Tibs, baskin, McDumbass, peace out, exhiled,etc -- make the left look absolutely stupid as hell, much like The Dude makes the right look stupid as hell.

19 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Here's the thing that's hanging you up: CNN was never 'liberal media.' CNN was always the more middle of the road news. It was always live when when sh!t hit the fan and you needed answers in real time, because they were airing 24/7 and you didn't want to wait for Dan Rather to get out of make up.

That's not CNN now. Nor CBS, ABC, NBC, etc.

Fox tilts heavily right from an opinion standpoint, but when it comes to reporting news, no one anywhere competes with Bret Baier. Not one person. While an opinion person, you could argue Greta Van Susteren was very, very even. You could even argue their other anchor, Shep Smith is more leftist when you start tabulating his little side comments he needs to drop in.

In the end, none of it is watchable just for an hour of Bret, so anymore I just skim for headlines to keep abreast and use Twitter to mock liberals because the most vocal liberals here -- Tibs, baskin, McDumbass, peace out, exhiled,etc -- make the left look absolutely stupid as hell, much like The Dude makes the right look stupid as hell.

Thanks for continuing to mention me....and I’m the dumb one! ?

10 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It might be nit picky but there is no way to call California early.  In fact I'm calling California for the democrat in 2044 right now.  

• Haha (+1) 1