[Misleading Title]Chargers QB benching

Bing Bong

Decision to start Peterman at Chargers, a good one?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Who should have started the Chargers game?

• Nathan Peterman
    • Tyrod Taylor

3 minutes ago, McBean said:

HOF QB named Brett Favre says hello.

Give me a guy under center willing to play with brass balls over a guy who is conservative as heck that can't push the ball down field.

A Favre comparisonn to Peterman.  Now that's hilarious.  Arm strength man...arm strentgh.  Stupid decisions and a weak arm is a bad combo. 

1 minute ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Again, speaking of silly.....

Which means you have no counter.  :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

28 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

The Chargers coaching decision debate has come back again now that it has become relevant in playoffs. Again I am fighting the ludicrous notion that ....

... we would have won with either quarterback. Fixed it for ya!

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

In hindsight, Peterman wasn't ready. That's obvious. 

In hindsight, the O line wasn't ready - they ate our lunch all day during that game.  Mix a ferocious pass rush with a line that couldn't block and a rookie QB and things were bound to go bad.

That said, the atmosphere of that game made it a good choice to start a rook (on the road, at least).  It was certainly NOT a loud, whipped-up crowd - at least a quarter was Bills fans.

Lastly, while everyone is going to point at this game as to "why were not in the playoffs", but look to the Panthers, Bengals, Jets games for a few other reasons.  They were all in our reach, but we couldn't finish.

Cest La Vie, our record is what it is, on to tomorrow and next week!

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

A Favre comparisonn to Peterman.  Now that's hilarious.  Arm strength man...arm strentgh.  Stupid decisions and a weak arm is a bad combo. 

I wasn't comparing Nate to Favre. I was saying that INT's aren't that BAD of a thing if a QB is willing to give his receivers a chance.

I get it. You're a big TT fan and that's fine. I just think we can do much better than him.

With that being said, I hope he throws for 500 and 10 scores tomorrow to beat the Pats.

Just now, McBean said:

I wasn't comparing Nate to Favre. I was saying that INT's aren't that BAD of a thing if a QB is willing to give his receivers a chance.

I get it. You're a big TT fan and that's fine. I just think we can do much better than him.

With that being said, I hope he throws for 500 and 10 scores tomorrow to beat the Pats.

Again another who misreads.  I'm a fan of playing the best player and that's Taylor on this 2017 roster.  

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'll let you drool over a weak armed gunslinging QB who melts under pressure and gives the ball to the other team.  

And again you are Wrong, im not a peterman homer but it was tooooo small a sample. Ill beat you at your next punch. Nate “headfirst” Peterman has a lot of growing up to do if he wants to stay in the NFL his Decision making right now is not good. 

The Chargers front is like the Dolphins front........designed to destroy pocket passers like Nate Peterman.

Benching Tyrod for THAT game was historic brain-lock on the part of McDermott.

Brady was 0-11 on 3rd down versus the Dolphins a week before and a week later Tyrod started out 6-8 against the Dolphins on 3rd down before the offense went into it's shell.

It's a matchup league and the befuddled McDermott just lost his marbles when the defense quit on him for a game and a half and made an egregious error.  

16 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I personally think that it didn't matter who started at QB.  Rivers was carving our defense up and our O-line had no answer for Bosa.  So, it doesn't matter.

Agreed.  It didn't matter who started.   But, I like that we tried NP.  TT isn't the answer.

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Chargers front is like the Dolphins front........designed to destroy pocket passers like Nate Peterman.

Benching Tyrod for THAT game was historic brain-lock on the part of McDermott.

Brady was 0-11 on 3rd down versus the Dolphins a week before and a week later Tyrod started out 6-8 against the Dolphins on 3rd down before the offense went into it's shell.

It's a matchup league and the befuddled McDermott just lost his marbles when the defense quit on him for a game and a half and made an egregious error.  

Does the offense go into a shell because of OC or QB?  I dont see that drastic of a change that everyone on here sees from the first to second half of games, in terms of play calling.  What I see is more “safe/error” throws from the QB, and yes with a lead most Head Coachs dont want to have TOs so the ball is thrown less, but that means you must make the MOST out of the passing plays called, our QB cannot do that.  And before a certain someone comes and claims I’m rooting for peterman, no its about that.   I’m just stating a question, not attacking.