New coworker issue!

Fezmid

Ok, the first volley has been fired. He left his terminal unlocked and I changed his starting page to buffalobills.com (I was going to do twobillsdrive.com, but with the server issues this morning I wasn't sure if it was going to stay up the whole time). Now I just wait for him to open up a new browser... :lol:

CW

Ok, here's what happened.

I was talking with a coworker next to his cube and he opened up a browser. I glanced over and saw the Buffalo Bills website pop up. He turned around, glared at me, and said, "If only you knew how much I hate the Bills." I chuckled and said, "That's why I put it there, I saw the picture of your kid on the desk." He chuckled, said that was the second time he's left his terminal unlocked (it's actually the 6th or 7th, but we've been nice the other times and not done anything), and went back to work. The first volley has been fired and was successful.

Next time I'm replacing his wallpaper. Anyone still have the large picture of Willis running over that poor Dolphin from this past year? That'd be a GREAT one to put as his wallpaper! :(

CW

Ok, here's what happened.

I was talking with a coworker next to his cube and he opened up a browser.  I glanced over and saw the Buffalo Bills website pop up.  He turned around, glared at me, and said, "If only you knew how much I hate the Bills."  I chuckled and said, "That's why I put it there, I saw the picture of your kid on the desk."  He chuckled, said that was the second time he's left his terminal unlocked (it's actually the 6th or 7th, but we've been nice the other times and not done anything), and went back to work.  The first volley has been fired and was successful.

Next time I'm replacing his wallpaper.  Anyone still have the large picture of Willis running over that poor Dolphin from this past year?  That'd be a GREAT one to put as his wallpaper! :(

CW

268360[/snapback]

That's cool that your office is like that. If i even touched someone else's workstation without their permission, I'd be gone...

That's cool that your office is like that. If i even touched someone else's workstation without their permission, I'd be gone...

268369[/snapback]

Since we're sysadmins, we have full access over pretty much all of the data in the company. Leaving your terminal unlocked is a MAJOR security threat as anyone could theoretically walk by and do whatever they wanted on the systems. Anything to try and remind people to lock their terminals is a good thing.

About five months ago, one of my coworkers left his terminal unlocked (and had done it 4-5 times that week). So I sat down, opened up Outlook, and sent a resignation letter to our boss. My boss read the letter, freaked out (he was new to the position and had three resignations within the past two or three months already). He calls the guy in, and says, "Ummm, what's the meaning of this?" The guy says, "Oh, that was just Chris messing around when I left my terminal unlocked." My boss takes his glasses off, rubs his face, then looks at the guy and says, "Don't ever leave your terminal unlocked again!" The guy said, "But Chris is the one who sent the email!" and my boss said, "Yes, and you left your terminal unlocked!" :(

Fun times. :doh:

CW

I used to send them an email from their own address. Something along the lines of:

"Imagine if I was a mean spirited person who didn't like you and decided to send your resignation to the boss - including insulting his wife in a fairly creative manner? Probably a good reason to spend just one extra second locking your terminal." :(

Get a random drug test done on him. If he is subjecting his child to Dolphins gear there is something wrong going on there. Poor soul is obviously under the debilitating, mind numbing control of some terrible chemical.

266913[/snapback]

Like Cannibis? :w00t:

:D

:lol: