New coworker issue!

Fezmid

So we hired a new sysadmin last week. Guy seems cool enough. Yesterday he brings in a picture of his child and what do I see the kid wearing? A Dolphins shirt!!! What the heck, don't we screen these applicants before hiring them?!?!?

He hasn't said anything to me about my Bills jacket, so I'm not sure if he's really a fan or if someone in the family just thought the shirt looked nice. I'll have to figure that out...

All I can say is that, if he really is a Dolphins fan, we better squish the fish twice next year!

CW

I know a guy that for $5,000 will make that problem "go away"....

266613[/snapback]

Yo stevestojan, you know I raised my fees to $6,500 because of the weaking dollar. :D

So we hired a new sysadmin last week. Guy seems cool enough. Yesterday he brings in a picture of his child and what do I see the kid wearing? A Dolphins shirt!!!

1. hijack the picture when the guy is at lunch

2. photoshop a Bills jersey on to the kid.

3. replace the picture

4. hilarity ensues.

So we hired a new sysadmin last week.  Guy seems cool enough.  Yesterday he brings in a picture of his child and what do I see the kid wearing?  A Dolphins shirt!!!  What the heck, don't we screen these applicants before hiring them?!?!?

He hasn't said anything to me about my Bills jacket, so I'm not sure if he's really a fan or if someone in the family just thought the shirt looked nice.  I'll have to figure that out...

All I can say is that, if he really is a Dolphins fan, we better squish the fish twice next year!

CW

266609[/snapback]

Go slowly, lest he gig you on SB victories. If he does that, prod him into insulting the Vike's SB history, which will gain him a *lot* of friends there... :D

No, those are the fun relationships.

Can't change his homepage to tbd.com can you?

266633[/snapback]

Ooooh, that's a great one! I've mentioned before that we have an unwritten rule that, if you leave your terminal unlocked, you're fair game. He's already done it once (and has only been here a week!). Next time he leaves it unlocked, I change his homepage. That's subtle enough. :D

I like the Cecil Collins thing, although he could always shoot back with an OJ comment (although at least that happened two decades after he was done playing...).

I also like the Photoshop idea, but I don't have PS at work and am not very good with it anyway :doh: A well placed sticker on the picture frame might work though :w00t:

CW

So we hired a new sysadmin last week.  Guy seems cool enough.  Yesterday he brings in a picture of his child and what do I see the kid wearing?  A Dolphins shirt!!!  What the heck, don't we screen these applicants before hiring them?!?!?

He hasn't said anything to me about my Bills jacket, so I'm not sure if he's really a fan or if someone in the family just thought the shirt looked nice.  I'll have to figure that out...

CW

266609[/snapback]

OT?

OT?

266738[/snapback]

No - it's football related, both Bills and Dolphins.

At least, that was my thinking on why I didn't OT it. If another mod thinks otherwise, feel free to iconify the post. :D

EDIT: Apparantly, I've been outvoted as the thread has officially been iconified :w00t:

CW

I also like the Photoshop idea, but I don't have PS at work and am not very good with it anyway :w00t:  A well placed sticker on the picture frame might work though :D

266644[/snapback]

Steal the pic and scan it. I know someone on TSW can photoshop it. Also, leave a note on his desk saying "4-12" If he's a real fan, he'll take immediate offense. If he's only a casual fan, he'll ignore it. This will tell.

Yeah I know, I'm a dolfan, but I can appreciate a good joke. And I think Ramius might be in for a few now that the seeds have taken root.

Get a random drug test done on him. If he is subjecting his child to Dolphins gear there is something wrong going on there. Poor soul is obviously under the debilitating, mind numbing control of some terrible chemical.