Packers Shutdown Aaron Rodgers for the Season by Placing Him on IR

26CornerBlitz

Green Bay will simply say he re-aggravated the injured collarbone and could not play any more this season without risking further injury. I'm quite certain the team doctor will back that up, if he likes his job.

Rodgers is not being released no matter how much other teams whine.

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Teams IR guys for minor stuff down the stretch all the time. They aren’t forcing a team to release a HOF qb over it.

Not what is being questioned here. He just came off of IR...to go back on he has to have a new injury. That's the rule

1 hour ago, nucci said:

Not what is being questioned here. He just came off of IR...to go back on he has to have a new injury. That's the rule

And as I said, I think it’s be pretty easy to find about a half dozen things wrong with his body that haven’t been reported and could be “new issues” if push ever came to shove on this 

Would he have to go through waivers if he is forced to be released? If not he would just re sign with GB. If he had to go through waivers he would probably just retire then go there. The NFL doesn't like the Browns enough to gift them Rogers, and I doubt they want a big name like Rogers retiring too soon

On 12/24/2017 at 10:29 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

He'd be subject to waivers. 

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Would he have to go through waivers if he is forced to be released? If not he would just re sign with GB. If he had to go through waivers he would probably just retire then go there. The NFL doesn't like the Browns enough to gift them Rogers, and I doubt they want a big name like Rogers retiring too soon