While unlikely, Browns could end up with #1 & #2 picks

BuffaloBill

11 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

yeah, but it's the Browns.  So we all know how this goes......

Watch both Rosen and Darnold stay in school.  If that happens, what do the Browns do?  Pick another QB, trade back?  

They should be able to load up on this draft.  And I think they have a solid framework in place (good HC, decent RB's, good D) to bounce back quickly.  

How is a coach who has won 2 of his last 30 games considered good...???

12 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Will the Jacoby Brissett trade going to cost NE WRT draft picks?  

:oops:

2018 NFL DRAFT

First round: (2) Own pick, Texans' pick via 2017 draft-day trade.

Second round: (3) Own pick, Eagles' pick via 2016 draft-day trade, Texans' pick via Brock Osweiler trade.

Third round: (1) Own pick. 

Fourth round: (2) Own pick, Panthers' pick via Andy Lee trade..

Fifth round: (1) Own pick.

Sixth round: (2) Own pick, Steelers' pick via Justin Gilbert trade.

Seventh round: (1) Own pick.

Does that help? 

if so glad to be of service 

FYI  that data is old 

Updated Apr 29, 2017; Posted Mar 9, 2017

If you add a clean and sober Josh Gordon to the mix, they could turn it around very quickly.

14 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

That team is so void of talent they are going to need to hit on all of those top picks just to get a base to work off of. It's going to be a long rebuild for that team, they aren't in an enviable situation like some here think they are. It's possible they get better, but it's also possible they don't and the guy they hired was unemployed for a reason....

Disagree. They've got a lot of young talent. They're in a great position. 

It all depends on QB, but I could easily see them very good two years from now if they get a QB playing well.

I think you raise an interesting point about Dorsey, though. I'm not sure he's as slamdunk as many assume, so if that doesn't work out they could be in for a lot of years of hell. My guess is he's good enough, but time will tell.

11 hours ago, Gordio said:

When the hell have the steelers ever been 1-15?

1969. 1-13. Since then they've never had less than five wins.

Edited by Thurman#1

3 hours ago, Bakin said:

How is a coach who has won 2 of his last 30 games considered good...???

Same way Tom Landry had four wins in his first two seasons. Sometimes it comes down to a bad situation. Sometimes not. But sometimes coaches lose because they're hamstrung. I don't know how good a job Hue is doing but if people close to the situation figure he's doing a good job, I'd be willing to believe it.

14 hours ago, joesixpack said:

not tougher than ours, sorry.

The bengals and ravens, while having some flashes of brilliance, haven't done much of late and Pittsburgh <<<<<<< NE historically speaking.

Why are you such a homer? No one would consider the AFC East tougher than the North because the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins have all been **** for the better part of 20 years. 

Yea NE is better than Pit,, but the Bengals and Ravens have almost always been better than every team in the AFC East outside of the Pats. It's tougher, I'm not even sure why you're making this point, this team wouldn't have made the playoffs in the North either. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

6 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

I was referring to Pats, but the Steelers had a few 5 and 6 win seasons when I was in college. They'll be back there again when Ben goes down and so will the Pats.

Unless those two teams get luck[y] like the Colts

20 hours ago, klos63 said:

Emtman was never really healthy, Coryatt was pretty good if I remember correctly.

Emtman was AWESOME before he had a very bad knee injury in his rookie season. He looked like the defensive player of the year after the first few games. He was never the same afterward. He was a good pick, but there's no accounting for catastrophic injury in the NFL.

22 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They are going to take Rosen and then trade down IMO. They could walk out of this draft with Rosen, Roaquan Smith, Guice and a 2019 1st to go with their 3 2nds. 

I'll be shocked if they take Rosen over Darnold if the latter comes out. I've yet to see one report in which an actual NFL person said they'd take Rosen if given the choice between the two. Rosen is a legit top ten pick, but Darnold's upside is simply higher. Better athlete, better arm, and just a big-game player. Not to say that Rosen isn't good too, but he just isn't the prospect that Darnold is. 

59 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Emtman was AWESOME before he had a very bad knee injury in his rookie season. He looked like the defensive player of the year after the first few games. He was never the same afterward. He was a good pick, but there's no accounting for catastrophic injury in the NFL.

I'll be shocked if they take Rosen over Darnold if the latter comes out. I've yet to see one report in which an actual NFL person said they'd take Rosen if given the choice between the two. Rosen is a legit top ten pick, but Darnold's upside is simply higher. Better athlete, better arm, and just a big-game player. Not to say that Rosen isn't good too, but he just isn't the prospect that Darnold is. 

I’m actually seeing a lot of Rosen being the guy at the moment. That game against USC was really a turning point. I’ve always liked both quite a bit. 

23 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

yeah, but it's the Browns.  So we all know how this goes......

Watch both Rosen and Darnold stay in school.  If that happens, what do the Browns do?  Pick another QB, trade back?  

They should be able to load up on this draft.  And I think they have a solid framework in place (good HC, decent RB's, good D) to bounce back quickly.  

I think their current HC gets gassed the day after the season ends.

As for the picks..... time will tell unfortunately if the past is any predictor :( 

The Factory of sadness will make no joy :( 

Edited by JMF2006

1 hour ago, Luka said:

What if they sign one of Bridgewater/Bradford/A. Smith/Foles and trade down for even more draft capital? Anything is possible.

I think that they have to draft a QB with their roster being so young. They have some talent for sure. I could see them flipping the Texans pick to someone like us for both 1st and a 2nd next year or something like that.