Nate Peterman Update

TigerJ

8 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I wouldn't bet on it.  To the casual fan, yeah it makes perfect sense.  But us fans in the know aren't buying it for a second.  We didn't spend all last week cooking up something truly special, probably, just to go to Foxboro and eat Kraft dinner.   We're going to bait Belichek and the Pats with something they can't turn down and won't see coming.  Like Chinese fingers traps in a glory hole. 

I'm talking about the Joe Webb package!!  Forget Peterman.  Its the Joe Webb package, signed, sealed, and ready to deliver. Its like you're dreaming of Fredonia when its clearly Dunkirk time, baby! Now step into my office, cause you're f#$%ing fired!

Never again....

5 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Yes. He certainly knows HOW to slide. He just needs to learn TO slide.

EJ slid like a giraffe, it was an unnatural sight! 

2 hours ago, cd1 said:

Do you watch any other football besides the Bills?

I watched Rogers, Roethlisberger, and Brady ALL dive head first in just the last three days!

JFC - It is OK to let go of the puppy now PIT BULL.

Charming, but I’ll judge this one by the outcome. How did that turn out? 

3 hours ago, grb said:

The funny thing about this? It ignores the fact that Peterman played a large part of that game against New England. 

The result : 6-15, 40% 50 yds 3.3 ypa  At least Taylor had the excuse he was playing on one leg, huh?

Keeping up with the Petermans. 

? ?? TT 

5 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I would buy that excuse if he hadn't thrown for just 56 yards in the previous home game.

If Tyrod has the same stinkaroo against the Pats I wonder if McDermott will start Peterman at the Dolphins. Not likely, but you never know.

Not trying to be adversarial, but you didn't read the whole post, did you? I watched both games. Against NO he absolutely, flat out, refused to push the ball downfield. He didn't miss throws to open receivers, he didn't make them at all. Against NE, the throws were attempted at least, and were just completely off target.

I am not the biggest Tyrod fan. I think he is what he is. A bottom end starter with limitations in his skill set, but a starter nonetheless. What I saw against NO and NE were completely out of character for what I've come to expect of him, but for two different reasons. NO was the most frustrating to watch. I have never seen him be that overly cautious. It felt like watching Trent Edwards before he got the hook for Fitz. Against NE....I cannot remember another game where he so obviously missed so many easy throws. It was clear to me that, even though he was saying he was fine, that knee was not fine. It was limiting his plant or his drive in some way that altered the accuracy of his passes.

4 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

they never would have won that game no matter what.

i do agree and hope if we get down over 14, i hope mcd has the stones to make the switch. a win here would be the perfect christmas gift for me. with this team going to miami knowing if they win they're in, i would love to see this team that fired up.

It's easy to say that now, but how would we know? The defense never had a chance. The Chargers only needed like 270 yards of offense to score 37 points. Every time the D came off the field, Peterman continued to poop in his hat and chucked the ball right back to the first white helmet he found, regardless of jersey color.

The Bills very well might have lost that game with Taylor under center. But I feel pretty confident to say it wouldn't have been a 54-24 loss with 30 points (and a missed FG!) gifted to the Chargers in the first half due to turnovers. I don't know what happened to the kid that day, but it was by far the worst QB performance I've ever seen in the NFL. 

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Wow, this narrative really took on a life of its own. Did we forget that our defense didn't stop the Chargers all game? We're we going to block better with Tyrod?  The SD game was a loss either way. And we'd be bichin' about McDermott's refusal to play Peterman. I know how we roll.

Oh come on PTR there is not a coach in the world that is going to look at that game film, then walk into the defensive room and go "Alright boys, you really botched that one but we'll get em next week!"

The defense was put in terrible position for almost the entire first quarter. They allowed a sustained drive to let LAC go up 10-7 and the offense followed that up with INT #3 at midfield, which led to another TD. The offense followed that up by opening the 2nd quarter with.....INT #4, then two 3 & outs and another INT for the cherry on top. They had no chance, but they held for about 1.5 quarters before the dam burst.

At the very least, if we're going to assume that the OL got worked and the passing game would have been brutal with Taylor as well, let's call it fair to say he wouldn't have thrown 5 INT. And instead of those drives ending with the Chargers getting the ball in the red zone or at midfield, Schmidt at least gets a chance to flip the field and make them earn their points.

7 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Oh come on PTR there is not a coach in the world that is going to look at that game film, then walk into the defensive room and go "Alright boys, you really botched that one but we'll get em next week!"

The defense was put in terrible position for almost the entire first quarter. They allowed a sustained drive to let LAC go up 10-7 and the offense followed that up with INT #3 at midfield, which led to another TD. The offense followed that up by opening the 2nd quarter with.....INT #4, then two 3 & outs and another INT for the cherry on top. They had no chance, but they held for about 1.5 quarters before the dam burst.

At the very least, if we're going to assume that the OL got worked and the passing game would have been brutal with Taylor as well, let's call it fair to say he wouldn't have thrown 5 INT. And instead of those drives ending with the Chargers getting the ball in the red zone or at midfield, Schmidt at least gets a chance to flip the field and make them earn their points.

That's a lot of ducks to line up for a win. Are you saying Tyrod starting was an automatic win vs the Chargers? After the Jets and Saints debacles, I seriously doubt you even believed that. I know for a fact the majority here wanted Taylor benched because "how much worse could Peterman be?"  A lot of amnesia set in later.

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's a lot of ducks to line up for a win. Are you saying Tyrod starting was an automatic win vs the Chargers? After the Jets and Saints debacles, I seriously doubt you even believed that. I know for a fact the majority here wanted Taylor benched because "how much worse could Peterman be?"  A lot of amnesia set in later.

We unfortu-Nate-ly found out the answer is much much worse. 

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Peterman Amnesia effect 

8 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The Chargers defense is better than the Jets with similar strengths. Add in that Lynn knows Taylor's weakness and you have yourself a big turd sandwich. After the Jets and Saints games Taylor was already on thin ice.

It was obviously a horrible decision in hindsight. What is so hard about acknowledging that..

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Ok time to do it:

Rank 'em:

Peterman love

EJ love

JPL love

Put them in order and magnitude (>>>>, etc)

the assumed Peterman love is only because we are tired of Typical Taylor's efforts late in games.    Other than the obvious Troll (who hasn't been seen in days)  no one said Nate is the better option.    So I'd suggest substituting  TT for NP.  

TT Love

EJ love 

JPL love  

My camp Flutie love just for the entertainment factor 

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

the assumed Peterman love is only because we are tired of Typical Taylor's efforts late in games.    Other than the obvious Troll (who hasn't been seen in days)  no one said Nate is the better option.    So I'd suggest substituting  TT for NP.  

TT Love

EJ love 

JPL love  

TT love > JPL love > EJ love

That's probably the order of talent too.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The Chargers defense is better than the Jets with similar strengths. Add in that Lynn knows Taylor's weakness and you have yourself a big turd sandwich. After the Jets and Saints games Taylor was already on thin ice.

After the Jets game, who besides message board trolls said Taylor played poorly that Thursday night? Answer : No one. On the contrary, every single Bills' sportswriter / commentator I saw praised him as one of the few Buffalo players who showed up that game. Of course I'm addressing a troll here, but I've noticed even anti-Taylor types who are serious / honest have created an alternate reality where TT played poorly against the Jets. Those of us back on Planet Earth remember him playing hard, efficient and well the entire game - even while hammered by a pass rush immediately on him as he set to throw. I won't say his game was perfect, but look on the bright side : At least he didn't throw five interceptions.......

Edited by grb

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

TT Love

EJ love 

JPL love  

3 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

TT love > JPL love > EJ love

That's probably the order of talent too.

I knew the instructions would be to difficult for some but.....sheesh.