ESPN President John Skipper Resigns

26CornerBlitz

I rarely go to any of ESPN's channels.  I even stopped watching some of the daily shows I'd still enjoy (P.T.I., etc).  Only when there's no choice for NFL Monday or a college game do I tune in.  

They should have strictly stayed with sports and they would continue to flourish - even with the rush of information available sooner.

There has to be more to this story.  You don't abruptly resign on a Monday morning after having signed a huge contract extension just a month earlier.  If this was just a substance abuse problem, take a leave of absence like everyone else and sort things out.

Just now, inaugural balls said:

Wow - so you're not a fan of good sports talk?

I enjoy good sports talk, they just don’t have much to speak of. I do HATE guys screaming at each other, hence me the viewer. I go elsewhere for the most part these days. 

On 12/18/2017 at 7:42 PM, T-Bomb said:

Did he look at a female employee?  Seems that's all it takes these days to get branded as a child molester.

SVP the other night made mention of a substance abuse issue as the reasoning for stepping down.  

On 12/18/2017 at 10:05 PM, inaugural balls said:

Wow - so you're not a fan of good sports talk?

I'd certainly NOT tune in to ESPN radio for "good sports talk."

You're talking about a network that canned tony kornheiser for COLIN COWHERD for christ's sake. And as for ESPN in general, if you fire guys like John Clayton and Buster Olney and keep Jemele Hill, well then I REALLY know you're fraudulent.

Edited by joesixpack
spelling problems

5 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

SVP the other night made mention of a substance abuse issue as the reasoning for stepping down.  

I heard this somewhere, and I just hope he gets the help he needs. He’s got plenty of money, get your life back. 

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

I'd certainly NOT tune in to ESPN radio for "good sports talk."

You're talking about a network that canned tony kornheiser for COLIN COWHERD for christ's sake. And as for ESPN in general, if you fire guys like John Clayton and Buster Olney and keep Jemele Hill, well then I REALLY know you're fraudulent.

Just to be clear - anything ESPN blows, IMO

We all saw on January 18, 2015, that the Colts sold their souls to the Devil. B$PN lost all credibility on that day when they became the Worldwide Leader in Lies and Misinformation. Karma has been returning the favor ever since. They've been a laughingstock ever since! Plummeting ratings, massive layoffs, sexual predators running rampant, blatant racists like Jemele Hill given free reign to spew hate and ignorance, etc. No wonder millions of people have tuned out. I only watch my team and the teams I root against...