Panthers' LB Thomas Davis Suspended Two Games for Blindside Block on Davante Adams - Reduced to 1 Game

26CornerBlitz

Just now, Commonsense said:

This league is in danger from itself. The Davis hit was somehow worse than the Gronk hit? Cooks made a catch, James didn't?

Just make it up as you guys go. Don't worry.

...why?...Ray Rice got two games for blindsiding, right?...very consistent.....

• Haha (+1) 1

Davis was visibly upset after making that hit, apologized on Twitter. The hit was actually during a play and not after a whistle.

Gronk walked off the field with his tongue hanging out of his mouth like a WWE superstar and couldn't sack up and contact Tre. Instead he read off some bull **** apology and dismissed it due to frustration.

If Sunday's game gets out of hand I hope the Bills send a message to that bonehead.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Seriously, what's wrong with Zach Brown?? Any reasonable person would agree this kind of hit has no place in football especially in this CTE awareness era.

Davante Adams: Thomas Davis was 'head hunting' with blindside hit that led to concussion

Edited by syhuang

How was this worse what Gronk did to Tre' White? As a matter of fact, I see what Gronk willfully and intentionally did as borderline criminal. And yet he only gets one game. It is the inconsistency that is so hard to understand.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The cop out from the league is that it wasn’t a first offense for Davis. Whatever. 

I think that's a legitimate reason for having a longer suspension than Gronk, but I do think Gronk deserved more games.

Just now, H2o said:

But Gronk gets one :rolleyes:

If he were on any other team it would have been a 4 game suspension.  Post-play hit, to the back of the head, leading with the elbow.  But he's Gronk, and he plays for the Pats***, and he's funny.......and other such nonsense.  

So, twice as much as Gronk? THAT is INSANE! Are they afraid of looking like they are picking on the poor Patsies again? So STOP CHEATING! I guess it helps that Gronk’s felony shot was not during play or even on the field. Outrageous. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

The league did say they were going to up the punishment for dirty hits, etc. This one I don't think was "targeting," and I truly don't think Davis meant to hit him square in the head, but he did blindside him and he looked to launch at him when it absolutely wasn't necessary. Hard to compare it to the Gronk hit, which was definitely a targeted cheap shot. The NFL must be regretting such a weak punishment for that, but I don't disagree with the two games here. Gotta start laying down the law and forcing coaches and players to work on safer tackling and blocking.

Poor Davante Adams has had himself a rough year.