Beware Dion Lewis

YoloinOhio

The Bills have had issues with the RBs like Kamara and Drake, and Burkhead. Even when they were able to contain the passing game with Brady a few weeks ago they just ran Burkhead. He’s out this week but I think they are going to use Dion Lewis a ton. 

The Bills were able to contain drake in the 2nd half but the 1st half was scary. I think they miss Shaq on the edge in the run D.

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Gillislee suits up against us.

He will probably be active, just not sure how much he will factor into the game plan. Attacking the Bills weakness would be more on the edge imo, he was more of an inside runner when they were playing him early on. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Beyond just the starting RB, I'm sure the Pats have something up their sleeve. The Bills do, too. This game has had potential for weeks now.

I think the Bills can take care of business on defense, at least enough to give them a good chance for the win.

Tyrod just needs to trust Benjamin. He has a big game in the snow with Peterman and then disappears the next week with Tyrod. He's too good for that to happen.

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Beyond just the starting RB, I'm sure the Pats have something up their sleeve. The Bills do, too. This game has had potential for weeks now.

I think the Bills can take care of business on defense, at least enough to give them a good chance for the win.

Tyrod just needs to trust Benjamin. He has a big game in the snow with Peterman and then disappears the next week with Tyrod. He's too good for that to happen.

Completely agree about KB. He didn’t play vs Pats last time and I know TT hasn’t really gone to him much but I think he could have an advantage over Gilmore that Zay did not a few weeks ago. Gilmore defended Zay very well. I’ve seen Gilmore try to defend KB before and I would like to see it again, if TT can get him the ball.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Benjamin is essentially playing on one leg with the other in need of repair of meniscus damage.  I'm not sure how effective he'll be for the remainder of the '17 season.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Benjamin is essentially playing on one leg with the other in need of repair of meniscus damage.  I'm not sure how effective he'll be for the remainder of the '17 season.

If he's on the field and running routes, give him opportunities.

The Bills have the personnel on offense to get really physical. I hope they punch the Pats in the mouth with the likes of Banjamin, Clay, O'leary, Thomas, and the running game.

On defense, just stay disciplined. A lot has been made about playing man coverage against the Pats because that's what Miami did. However, the Bills and Steelers had success with zone, too. The key is always just staying disciplined and pressuring Brady.

And of course, the refs have to let the players play.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

While i'm not a pro athlete, nor do i play one on TV, a torn meniscus isn't really that big of a deal once the initial swelling goes down.  I tore mine playing volleyball about 8 years ago.  I was back to jogging within a few weeks with no ill effects.

He might be mildly limited, but hardly "playing on one leg."

Edited by Philly McButterpants
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Philly McButterpants said:

While i'm not a pro athlete, nor do i play one on TV, a torn meniscus isn't really that big of a deal once the initial swelling goes down.  I tore mine playing volleyball about 8 years ago.  I was back to jogging within a few weeks with no ill effects.

He might be mildly limited, but hardly "playing on one leg."

It cracks me up when everyday Joes compare their personal injury situations to professional football players as if they have had to cut at high speeds and get tackled by someone else with bad intentions. 

1 hour ago, Clyde Smith said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Gillislee suits up against us.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him cut.  He basically called out the Patriots for not making him active.  That's not the Patriot Way.  Would love to have him back.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It cracks me up when everyday Joes compare their personal injury situations to professional football players as if they have had to cut at high speeds and get tackled by someone else with bad intentions. 

You missed the point.  He's not "playing on one leg." In the grand scheme of things, he has a boo boo. 

And go back and read the first phrase of my post.  i think you'll find that i did not compare my "ordinary joe" with cutting on a dime on field turf.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Philly McButterpants said:

You missed the point.  He's not "playing on one leg." In the grand scheme of things, he has a boo boo. 

And go back and read the first phrase of my post.  i think you'll find that i did not compare my "ordinary joe" with cutting on a dime on field turf.

I didn't miss the point at all.  I don't agree with you.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

He had 3 for 38 against Indi. One of the worst passing defenses. He had 2 for 20 against a team that shut the Pats down the week before. 

29 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

He had 3 for 38 against Indi. One of the worst passing defenses. He had 2 for 20 against a team that shut the Pats down the week before. 

You're using the Indy game to make your point? In a blizzard, and in a game that had under 200 yds combined between BOTH teams, and a game that was 68 1/2 minutes, not 60?