Female Democrat Candidate Drops Out After Sexual Harrassment Allegations

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article189931704.html

Andrea Ramsey, a Democratic candidate for Congress, will drop out of the race after the Kansas City Star asked her about accusations in a 2005 lawsuit that she sexually harassed and retaliated against a male subordinate who said he had rejected her advances.

Multiple sources with knowledge of the case told The Star that the man reached a settlement with LabOne, the company where Ramsey was executive vice president of human resources. Court documents show that the man, Gary Funkhouser, and LabOne agreed to dismiss the case permanently after mediation in 2006.

Ramsey, a 56-year-old retired business executive from Leawood, was one of the Democratic candidates vying to challenge Republican Rep. Kevin Yoder in 2018 in Kansas’ 3rd District.

She was running with the endorsement of Emily’s List, a liberal women’s group that has raised more than a half-million dollars to help female candidates who support abortion rights.

Ramsey will drop out on Friday, her campaign said.

Edit: Title should say drops out of race

Edited by suorangefan4

A woman has accused Wyoming Secretary of State Ed Murray, a Republican considering a run for governor, of sexually assaulting her at a law office in 1982. According to Tatiana Maxwell, then an intern at a Cheyenne law firm that employed Murray, the young lawyer invited her to meet him at the office after hours with pizza and beer. “He was older, handsome and from an old Cheyenne family but I didn’t really know him,” she recalled on Facebook. But when she rejected Murray’s sexual advances, Maxwell said, “Ed wrestled me down to the carpet in front of the receptionist desk, opened his pants, lifted up my blouse and ejaculated on my stomach. I was disgusted and horrified.” She did not report the incident to the firm’s senior lawyers as she was not “physically hurt.” Maxwell also alleged that Murray attempted to apologize to her years later, however, the secretary of state this week unequivocally denied the allegations. “This baseless claim about an encounter from thirty-five years ago is unequivocally false,” Murray said in a statement. “There is no basis to this falsehood whatsoever and it is deeply hurtful to me and to my family, as well as to everyone I serve.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/wyoming-secretary-of-state-accused-of-sexual-assault

Sarah Palin’s oldest son was arrested on multiple domestic-violence-related charges after allegedly hitting his father, Todd Palin, at their family home this weekend. According to police documents obtained by the Anchorage Daily News, Sarah Palin called Wasilla police around 8:30 p.m. to report that her son, Track, 28, was “freaking out and was on some type of medication.” The son was reportedly attempting to confront Todd over a truck, and when the father told him not to come because Track seemed intoxicated, “Track told him he was (going to) come anyway to beat his ass," the responding officer wrote in a sworn affidavit. Track allegedly broke into the family home via a window and pinned his father to the ground, repeatedly hitting Todd in the head. In another sworn affidavit obtained by KTVA, an officer wrote that Track yelled at responding officers, ordering them to lay down their guns and calling them "peasants". Track was arraigned Sunday on charges of felony burglary, assault in the fourth degree, and criminal mischief for causing $250 and $999 worth of property damage.