Miami signs DEs Carter and Holliday.

PIZ

Heard it on NFL Network.  I think they also said they would play a 3 - 4.  The Bills better get their O-Line shored up.

266336[/snapback]

That would be a good thing. Let Taylor try and cover our slot receiver or a TE. Good luck with that.

That would be a good thing. Let Taylor try and cover our slot receiver or a TE. Good luck with that.

266353[/snapback]

Who's are TE? He'll probably be more like Bryce Paup was with us. Rushing QB's will be his main job. The guy is athletic enough to cover a TE. Couldn't be any worse than Posey is in our D.

Who's are TE?  He'll probably be more like Bryce Paup was with us.  Rushing QB's will be his main job.  The guy is athletic enough to cover a TE.  Couldn't be any worse than Posey is in our D.

266357[/snapback]

Maybe in the 5-yard chuck zone, but I really believe that if you got Jason Taylor in the open field one on one vs. a TE, WR or RB, he'd be toast.

Maybe in the 5-yard chuck zone, but I really believe that if you got Jason Taylor in the open field one on one vs. a TE, WR or RB, he'd be toast.

266358[/snapback]

Let's hope. But if the Bills O-Line doesn't get repaired, all he's gonna need is 5 yards. Just getting a little nervous since we still don't have a LT or a legitimate LG.

266353[/snapback]

Dude, Taylor is one of the leaner faster DE in the NFL, nothing like the big guys like of the past. I think he'll be fine covering TE or even a slot WR. Now, I'm not saying he's gonna shut down TO or even Evans, but he'll be fine at OLB.

i think it would be WAY more likly that they will put Carter at DT. with taylor and holliday at DE.

they might go 3-4 for a few plays, but they arnt gunna switch their entire defensive gameplan.

i think it would be WAY more likly that they will put Carter at DT. with taylor and holliday at DE.

they might go 3-4 for a few plays, but they arnt gunna switch their entire defensive gameplan.

266488[/snapback]

I like this idea better. Good thinking.

Carter cannot be a 3-4 NT. I'd even question is Bowens (what's his status?) can be one. And Holliday and Taylor as 3-4 ends are totally out of the question. Holliday isn't even a good 4-3 end where he sees fewer double-teams because of the DT's attracting more attention, and Taylor will likely struggle facing more double-teams because there's only one NT being occupied and Holliday on the other end taking up one blocker.

The guy is athletic enough to cover a TE.  Couldn't be any worse than Posey is in our D.

266357[/snapback]

Im sick of the jumping on the Jeff Posey bashing bandwagon. How many times did he get burned by a TE last season? We could do alot worse at LOLB.

Dude, Taylor is one of the leaner faster DE in the NFL, nothing like the big guys like of the past. I think he'll be fine covering TE or even a slot WR. Now, I'm not saying he's gonna shut down TO or even Evans, but he'll be fine at OLB.

266484[/snapback]

there is NO WAY, and I mean NO WAY Taylor will be able to cover a Willis McGahee, Lee Evans, Eric Moulds, Lavernues Coles, Corey Dillon or David Givens down the field.

Take it to the bank.

Im sick of the jumping on the Jeff Posey bashing bandwagon.  How many times did he get burned by a TE last season?  We could do alot worse at LOLB.

266584[/snapback]

TE's killed us last year, though I'm not sure it was all Posey's fault. Could have been our SS responsibility when Milloy was hurt.

there is NO WAY, and I mean NO WAY Taylor will be able to cover a Willis McGahee, Lee Evans, Eric Moulds, Lavernues Coles, Corey Dillon or David Givens  down the field.

Take it to the bank.

266589[/snapback]

He couldn't even cover Josh Reed... :D

TE's killed us last year.

266592[/snapback]

Im not trying to be a jerk, but I really cant think of any examples. We owned McMichael in both games. Becht didnt do anything. I dont see how NEs TEs killed us (that was brady picking apart McGee). Freddie Jones had one catch for AZ. Jolley or Brady didnt do anything in the first two games. Im just curious here.

Yeah, no TE killed the Bills last year.  The LACK of one in the season finale did, but that's about it.

266639[/snapback]

Well, maybe I'm thinking of the previous year. For some reason, I remember the TE from New England being open on every 3rd down. I must be wrong, though.

Well, maybe I'm thinking of the previous year.  For some reason, I remember the TE from New England being open on every 3rd down.  I must be wrong, though.

266654[/snapback]

that wasnt the TE, that was the RB or FB on a screen pass over and over and over.....

there is NO WAY, and I mean NO WAY Taylor will be able to cover a Willis McGahee, Lee Evans, Eric Moulds, Lavernues Coles, Corey Dillon or David Givens  down the field.

Take it to the bank.

266589[/snapback]

Any other Pro Bowlers (Past, Present, or Future) you want to name? You're right, Taylor couldnt cover those guys, but half the DB in the league have trouble with those guys. Throw in Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Derrick Mason, Chris Chambers, Hines Ward...

But! for every one of those guys, you get an Eddie Drummond, Az Hakim, David Tyree and Jonathan Smith.

Boy, blow an argument out of the water why doncha.