Suprised this hasn't been posted

rolly

I found this interesting. I don't know if they project him as a starter but it certainly doesn't help the chances of henry going to arizona.

per foxports.com:

Hambrick re-signs

The Cardinals also re-signed running back Troy Hambrick for two years Monday.

Hambrick, who has spent most of his career in the shadow of Emmitt Smith, signed a one-year contract with Oakland before last season. The Raiders traded him and defensive end Peppi Zellner to the Cardinals for a conditional 2005 draft pick on Aug. 31.

Hambrick, seeing limited action behind Smith, ran for 283 yards and one touchdown in 63 carries before he sprained his foot against Carolina on Nov. 21. Three days later, he was placed on injured reserve.

The Dallas Cowboys acquired Hambrick as an undrafted rookie in 2000, and he was Smith's backup for three years. But he beat out Smith in 2003 and gained 972 yards on 275 attempts, rushing for five TDs, as a 16-game starter for Dallas.

Hambrick licks nuts anyhow.

266240[/snapback]

What is wrong with him? Can't he block? Does he drop passes and run wrong routes. Does he fumble? Does he have off field issues? Does he fall on his behind in front of huge holes on crucial plays? How is his W/L record as a starter in the NFL?

Yeah, who would want a back like that?! :huh:0:)

What is wrong with him? Can't he block? Does he drop passes and run wrong routes. Does he fumble? Does he have off field issues? Does he fall on his behind in front of huge holes on crucial plays? How is his W/L record as a starter in the NFL?

Yeah, who would want a back like that?!  :D  :w00t:

Look up his stats. He sucks.

I found this interesting. I don't know if they project him as a starter but it certainly doesn't help the chances of henry going to arizona.

per foxports.com:

Hambrick re-signs

The Cardinals also re-signed running back Troy Hambrick for two years Monday.

Hambrick, who has spent most of his career in the shadow of Emmitt Smith, signed a one-year contract with Oakland before last season. The Raiders traded him and defensive end Peppi Zellner to the Cardinals for a conditional 2005 draft pick on Aug. 31.

Hambrick, seeing limited action behind Smith, ran for 283 yards and one touchdown in 63 carries before he sprained his foot against Carolina on Nov. 21. Three days later, he was placed on injured reserve.

The Dallas Cowboys acquired Hambrick as an undrafted rookie in 2000, and he was Smith's backup for three years. But he beat out Smith in 2003 and gained 972 yards on 275 attempts, rushing for five TDs, as a 16-game starter for Dallas.

266236[/snapback]

IIRC rolly, in '03 he was critized for often running out of bounds rather than taking a hit and gaining more yardage.

Look up his stats.  He sucks.

266509[/snapback]

I seem to recall that he too has a fumbling problem (yet I checked a couple stats sites and they didn't list his fumbles). One thing for sure though, he sure fell out of favor quickly down in Dallas. Must have been reasonable cause....

Also, he never caught more than 21 passes either so his receiving skills may be in question. Short of it, he's far from a complete back and I would suggest that TH is a better choice than Hambrick. Unfortunately, it seems the Cards have moved away from trying to land TH.

I know Bill in NYC doesn't like TH, but jeez, give him a break. Hambrick is considerably worse.

Hambone had 3 or 4 years to unseat a ninety-year-old Emmitt Smith on teo different teams and couldn't get it done. He couldn't beat a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.

Troy Hambrick = Ron Dayne