No need to watch ESPN

I find myself not even bothering to watch ESPN now. Without hockey, it stinks. I mean, ESPN loves baseball and basketball anyway and they hardly talk about it when the league IS playing. I'll only watch sportscenter if I know there is some good NFL talk, but lately all they seem interested in showing is Pro Dart Tourny, Marble Championship Series and freakin' poker TILT!! Am I the minority here? I understand hockey is not popular anyway, guess I'm just going thru sports withdrawls right now! Residents of Buffalo must be going stir crazy without the Sabres to pass the time.

I find myself not even bothering to watch ESPN now. Without hockey, it stinks. I mean, ESPN loves baseball and basketball anyway and they hardly talk about it when the league IS playing. I'll only watch sportscenter if I know there is some good NFL talk, but lately all they seem interested in showing is Pro Dart Tourny, Marble Championship Series and freakin' poker TILT!! Am I the minority here? I understand hockey is not popular anyway, guess I'm just going thru sports withdrawls right now! Residents of Buffalo must be going stir crazy without the Sabres to pass the time.

266138[/snapback]

Actually ESPN 2 ran this very fascinating program on Monday night. The thing took place in downtown Buffalo (go figure) in which a college basketball made it to the NCAA Tournament for the first time in 35 years. Really crazy stuff ESPN is showing these days, I agree.

BTW, you are in the minority. The NHLs ratings on ESPN are poor with a capital P (so I guess it would be Poor) and have been getting worse every year. Correct if I'm wrong fellow TBDers but I think women's college hoops beat the NHL in ratings the last few years.

BTW, you are in the minority. The NHLs ratings on ESPN are poor with a capital P (so I guess it would be Poor) and have been getting worse every year. Correct if I'm wrong fellow TBDers but I think women's college hoops beat the NHL in ratings the last few years.

266210[/snapback]

That is just plain sad, my friend. I can't believe my favorite sport has been reduced to rubble right now.

God, I F%&*#^#&@(*ING cannot stand basketball!!

I'm with ya man, i'm hurtin without sabres hockey. As far as ESPN goes, they never aired the sabres anyways.

No Sabres hockey + No empire sports network + no bills football makes brian a very dull boy.

Correct if I'm wrong fellow TBDers but I think women's college hoops beat the NHL in ratings the last few years.

266210[/snapback]

No tjust women's college basketball, but the friggin WNBA too. Damn Hockey morons are greedy bastards.

Residents of Buffalo must be going stir crazy without the Sabres to pass the time.

266138[/snapback]

The Amerks are playing two more games at HSBC on 3/20 & 4/3. I would bet that they have at least one playoff game here also.

It eases the pain of a year without the NHL. :huh:

ESPN2 - Mike and Mike in the Morning. Only good show left on the ESPN's. (other than EPSNews, which runs around the clock).  Other than that, its NFL Network.

266391[/snapback]

I prefer Pardon The Interruption to Mike and Mike. NFL Network is good at times too.