McGahee wore a tinted shield

RVJ

When he played with the Hurricanes. Now he wears a clear one with the Bills.

I remember watching him run over people in college. That tinted shield made him stand out even more. Why is that not allowed in the NFL ?

How come  Kelly Herndon on the front page of ESPN gets to wear the tinted one.

http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/index

265968[/snapback]

pretty sure you need a medical reason to be able to wear one. . .

When he played with the Hurricanes. Now he wears a clear one with the Bills.

I remember watching him run over people in college. That tinted shield made him stand out even more. Why is that not allowed in the NFL ?

How come  Kelly Herndon on the front page of ESPN gets to wear the tinted one.

http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/index

265968[/snapback]

They are clear. I think it's the glare. look at his helmet too.

There was a thread on this a while back. And yes, steve is correct, a player needs an actual prescription from his or the team's doctor to wear a tinted visor.

Pretty inconsequential. I'm sure Willis could get one if he wanted one. Just say that the sunlight gives him headaches (I find that a lot of bright light will actually trigger a migraine for me), etc. Maybe doesn't want to outright lie to get one like all of the Lions RBs (they play in a friggin' dome!) so he just wears the clear visor.

Something for the next collective bargaining agreement. :huh:

It expires in 2008. There could be some very interesting changes in the

NFL .

According to Gene Upshaw..........

The goal is to have an agreement by the end of the 2006 season. Otherwise, under the current deal, the 2007 season will be played without a salary cap, with no guarantee of reinstating one after that season. That could wreak havoc on the future of a league whose strength is creating an even playing field for all 32 teams, regardless of market size.

An agreement could hinge on the owners accepting a drastic change in how revenue is defined. Currently, the league shares its "Designated Gross Revenues" (DGR) with the players. DGR does not include money from sources that aren't shared among teams, such as luxury suites.

Upshaw said the union now wants to share in "Total Football Revenue" (TFR), which would include money from all revenue streams.

Surprisingly, the owners haven't slammed the door on the idea, according to Upshaw. The top eight revenue-producing teams are balking, he said, but haven't taken a hard stance.

At the Super Bowl, NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue said, "We have a long way to go in getting a consensus among the owners."

pretty sure you need a medical reason to be able to wear one. . .

265971[/snapback]

OK< so why does Dawkins get to wear black it makes him look like a beast. Even if he was wearing clear....He'd still be a beast.

Chuck....No Iggles for me, thanks

New York state law: at least it applies at the the high school level, but you can't wear tinted shields, as a cautionary step in case the player gets a neck injury or a concussion. This in effect so the trainer can look at the athletes eyes.

I'm probably setting myself up, but Ricky Williams had a tinted visor in New Orleans, I remember him doing interviews with his helmet on, tinted visor. Besides the obvious... was there a medical reason? or was this before that law was enacted?