Trump Israel and Jerusalem, oh my

Tiberius

10 hours ago, Justice said:

I’m not playing this rigged game with you. 

Constant attacks? GTFOH. You wouldn’t know the truth if it bit you in the ass. I just pray we get invaded and occupied here one day just so imbeciles like you can finally see how it feels like. 

I don't think the West Bank or Gaza should be occupied.  I think occupation is an immoral act by the occupying government against it's own people as it squanders lives and treasure, and perpetuates the existence of it's people's enemies.  The only just action for a government at war to take is an execution of total war.  Crush your opposition with brutal and overwhelming force, and kill every man woman and child indiscriminately unless and until your enemy prostrates itself before you capitulating to every demand, and failing that eliminate them from the Earth as a people. 

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I don't think the West Bank or Gaza should be occupied.  I think occupation is an immoral act by the occupying government against it's own people as it squanders lives and treasure, and perpetuates the existence of it's people's enemies.  The only just action for a government at war to take is an execution of total war.  Crush your opposition with brutal and overwhelming force, and kill every man woman and child indiscriminately unless and until your enemy prostrates itself before you capitulating to every demand, and failing that eliminate them from the Earth as a people. 

Interesting. Must be the first war ever without gunshots coming from the opposition since the gun was invented. Funny how Palestinians can get their hands on harmless rockets but not guns. I’ll tell you why that is, because Israel wants them to have those bottle-rockets. 

Edited by Justice

11 minutes ago, Justice said:

Interesting. Must be the first war ever without gunshots coming from the opposition since the gun was invented. Funny how Palestinians can get their hands on harmless rockets but not guns. I’ll tell you why that is, because Israel wants them to have those bottle-rockets. 

Yeah, and Israel did 9/11.  Look I generally try to listen to what you have to say but if you think the Palestinians have never had guns I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

4 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Yeah, and Israel did 9/11.  Look I generally try to listen to what you have to say but if you think the Palestinians have never had guns I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

How much?

58 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Did I say they never had them?? When was the last time you heard about an Israeli getting shot??? I’ll wait. 

7 minutes ago, Justice said:

Did I say they never had them??

1 hour ago, Justice said:

Oh, and also:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/09/israelis-shot-dead-west-bank-settlement-170926050212671.html

11 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

I stand corrected but you have to admit it’s rare. Jerusalem is controlled by the Israelis and the gunman most likely purchased said fireman from an Israeli. If the last shooting in the states was Sept 26th I would think we’d all celebrate. 

2 minutes ago, Justice said:

I stand corrected but you have to admit it’s rare. Jerusalem is controlled by the Israelis and the gunman most likely purchased said fireman from an Israeli. If the last shooting in the states was Sept 26th I would think we’d all celebrate. 

Well sure, Palestinian gun ownership is strictly regulated (read: banned) by the Israeli government.  But it's not like they can't or don't obtain guns.  Additionally, those "harmless" "bottle rockets" have this nasty habit of killing people here and there too.

It doesn't matter what level of weaponry the enemy possesses.  It doesn't change the immorality of the Israeli government towards their people.  Israel has lived under attack or threat of imminent attack for decades, which is an absurd proposition to ask them to tolerate.

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

Well sure, Palestinian gun ownership is strictly regulated (read: banned) by the Israeli government.  But it's not like they can't or don't obtain guns.  Additionally, those "harmless" "bottle rockets" have this nasty habit of killing people here and there too.

I can only find one victim since 2014. Don’t get me wrong, even one is too many, but let’s not try to keep things in perspective here. To call it a “war” isn’t accurate at all. 

6 minutes ago, Justice said:

I can only find one victim since 2014. Don’t get me wrong, even one is too many, but let’s not try to keep things in perspective here. To call it a “war” isn’t accurate at all. 

Because Iron Dome works, and works well.  Intercepts about 600 rockets a year...which means there's likely between 1000 and 2000 it's not intercepting, since Iron Dome by design doesn't engage every target.

Saying it's not a war because a defensive system is reducing casualties from sustained bombardment to zero isn't keeping things in perspective either.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Because Iron Dome works, and works well.  Intercepts about 600 rockets a year...which means there's likely between 1000 and 2000 it's not intercepting, since Iron Dome by design doesn't engage every target.

Saying it's not a war because a defensive system is reducing casualties from sustained bombardment to zero isn't keeping things in perspective either.

I get what you’re saying, but aren’t you the same guy that tells everyone not to worry about NK’s missiles? 

Just now, Justice said:

I get what you’re saying, but aren’t you the same guy that tells everyone not to worry about NK’s missiles? 

Not even remotely the same thing, comparing missiles that don't work not being launched at a country with rockets that do work being launched at a country at a rate of twice a day.

And even if NK DID successfully launch a missile at the US...it would be ridiculous to say "Well, we're not at war, because we intercepted it."

Again, the Palestinian's relative lack of success in killing their Jewish neighbors doesn't somehow magic away their sustained attempts at exactly that despite your attempts at handwavium.  Israel is better at defending it's citizens than it's enemies are at waging war.  It still doesn't mean Israel should tolerate it.  The Israeli government is failing it's people.  Sweep the enemy into the sea, and this whole ordeal becomes a bad memory and a foundation for lasting peace.

19 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I dunno Tasker. Somehow I don’t see the Israelis really getting behind a final solution like that. :ph34r:

Not genocide, total war.  You make total war against an aggressor, and you stop with their complete surrender to your terms.  The extermination of a people is not the goal.  The end of their aggression toward you is the goal.  You just keep killing until it stops.  If they refuse to end their aggression and run out people for you to kill as the result, that's their problem.  Or it used to be.  When they're gone they're no one's problem anymore. 

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

9 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Not genocide, total war.  You make total war against an aggressor, and you stop with their complete surrender to your terms.  The extermination of a people is not the goal.  The end of their aggression toward you is the goal.  You just keep killing until it stops.  If they refuse to end their aggression and run out people for you to kill as the result, that's their problem.  Or it used to be.  When they're gone they're no one's problem anymore. 

Unfortunately, war doesn't work like that any more. If it did, we never would have had an insurgency in Iraq.

3 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Unfortunately, war doesn't work like that any more. If it did, we never would have had an insurgency in Iraq.

Occupation is immoral.  It squanders the lives and treasure of your people.  If you must make war, make total war, and end the violence as quickly as possible.