Trump Israel and Jerusalem, oh my

Tiberius

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Thanks. I was beginning to think I was the only person here to see this !@#$wit for what he is.

A Jew hater.

I mean for christ's sake, he's virtually quoting the protocols of the elders of zion.

In everyone else's defense, you're probably the only one who doesn't have him on ignore at this point.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/8/2017 at 8:14 PM, DC Tom said:

Which is why I asked the original question.  Your statement that Israel was "preparing" could have been taken many ways, one of which was that any evidence of forethought by the Israelis is evidence of aggression by the Israelis.  

And that is a strikingly common interpretation of any Israeli action.  You wouldn't have to look hard to find it in this case - somewhere, I'm sure, is claiming the Palestinians are suffering unprovoked attacks by Israel for the crime of defending themselves against Israel (by launching rockets in response to bloviating from the Candied-Yam-In-Chief.)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suez_Crisis

State Department Employing ‘Pretzel Logic’ in Defiance of Trump’s Recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s Capital.

President Donald Trump formally recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capital last week, but the State Department will not recognize that fact on official documents, maps, and passports, saying boundaries of Israeli sovereignty in Jerusalem are subject to final status negotiations.

“We’re working with something here I like to refer to as pretzel logic, and it’s something we see from this State Department quite often, especially when it comes to issues like Israel,” Kredo said.

Kredo said hostility toward Israel is deeply embedded at the State Department. His sources told him that career diplomats at the agency strongly opposed Trump’s decision to make the recognition announcement last week.

“The White House really dragged the State Department along on this,” Kredo said, adding that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was forced to call Arab leaders about the announcement.

“Twisting and turning to not actually fully implement the president’s will,” Kredo said of the State Department.

SecState Tillerson has a personnel problem in his Department, which could be ameliorated with a few high-profile firings — so why won’t he?

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

State Department Employing ‘Pretzel Logic’ in Defiance of Trump’s Recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s Capital.

President Donald Trump formally recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capital last week, but the State Department will not recognize that fact on official documents, maps, and passports, saying boundaries of Israeli sovereignty in Jerusalem are subject to final status negotiations.

“We’re working with something here I like to refer to as pretzel logic, and it’s something we see from this State Department quite often, especially when it comes to issues like Israel,” Kredo said.

Kredo said hostility toward Israel is deeply embedded at the State Department. His sources told him that career diplomats at the agency strongly opposed Trump’s decision to make the recognition announcement last week.

“The White House really dragged the State Department along on this,” Kredo said, adding that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was forced to call Arab leaders about the announcement.

“Twisting and turning to not actually fully implement the president’s will,” Kredo said of the State Department.

SecState Tillerson has a personnel problem in his Department, which could be ameliorated with a few high-profile firings — so why won’t he?

Because he's a coward and afraid to upset the apple cart?

Trump needs to seriously crack down on his rebellious underlings.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Because he's a coward and afraid to upset the apple cart?

Trump needs to seriously crack down on his rebellious underlings.

He ain't wrong.  The President of the United States doesn't determine national borders and capitals.

Just now, DC Tom said:

He ain't wrong.  The President of the United States doesn't determine national borders and capitals.

No, but he can choose to acknowledge the de-facto capital of a country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_system_of_government

The Knesset compound sits on a hilltop in western Jerusalem in a district known as Sheikh Badr before the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, now Givat Ram.

The only reason that anyone drags feet on this issue is the fear of Arab retaliation.

6 hours ago, joesixpack said:

No, but he can choose to acknowledge the de-facto capital of a country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_system_of_government

The only reason that anyone drags feet on this issue is the fear of Arab retaliation.

Why not accept part of British Columbia and not deal in fantasies like god being a real estate broker???