Trump Israel and Jerusalem, oh my

Tiberius

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Occupation is immoral.  It squanders the lives and treasure of your people.  If you must make war, make total war, and end the violence as quickly as possible.

Which is what i'm saying. Had we flattened the place and inflicted maximum casualties the occupation would have been a LOT briefer and less painless.

So I guess a fight between a man and a woman is a normal fight then? She’s got fists too, amirite? Next time she mouths off at you or slaps you just sock her good until she quits or dies. That way she’ll never mess with you again. Got it. 

1 minute ago, Justice said:

So I guess a fight between a man and a woman is a normal fight then? She’s got fists too, amirite? Next time she mouths off at you or slaps you just sock her good until she quits or dies. That way she’ll never mess with you again. Got it. 

This is just about the dumbest analogy I've ever seen on multiple levels.

It:

- conflates nations or quasi-nations making war with individual domestic disputes

- assumes that women should not be held responsible for physical assault

- excuses the bad behavior of a quasi-state making war against it's neighbor because it is smaller

- places the burden of the smaller actor's bad behavior on the nation state it is attacking

Again, crush the Palestinians, and demand either total surrender or complete annihilation.

17 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

This is just about the dumbest analogy I've ever seen on multiple levels.

It:

- conflates nations or quasi-nations making war with individual domestic disputes

- assumes that women should not be held responsible for physical assault

- excuses the bad behavior of a quasi-state making war against it's neighbor because it is smaller

- places the burden of the smaller actor's bad behavior on the nation state it is attacking

Again, crush the Palestinians, and demand either total surrender or complete annihilation.

Occupation isn’t legal either. Stealing land to build settlements isn’t legal. The funny thing is you guys don’t see the larger picture at all. The analogy is merely weak vs strong. The Palestinian resistance consists mainly of untrained and unarmed kids or young men throwing rocks at a very strong opposition force. That’s a cry for help from the international community. 

Newsflash bro. They’ve surrendered long ago. Maybe you didn’t get the memo. Problem is Israel keeps going on with more and more land grabs amongst other things like stealing water, Jewish only roads, no civil rights etc etc etc

Edited by Justice

1 minute ago, Justice said:

Occupation isn’t legal either. Stealing land to build settlements isn’t legal. The funny thing is you guys don’t see the larger picture at all. The analogy is merely weak vs strong. The Palestinian resistance consists mainly of untrained and unarmed kids or young men throwing rocks at a very strong opposition force. That’s a cry for help from the international community. 

Israel is building settlements in the West Bank not Gaza. As far as I can tell it’s hamas that is stirring ****. If this was about settlements then the PA would be lobbing rockets.

45 minutes ago, meazza said:

Israel is building settlements in the West Bank not Gaza. As far as I can tell it’s hamas that is stirring ****. If this was about settlements then the PA would be lobbing rockets.

And what a lovely place Gaza is. Take this little prison and be happy. Nothing or no one can get in or out. Most densely populated place in the world. Why fight right? 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Justice said:

And what a lovely place Gaza is. Take this little prison and be happy. Nothing or no one can get in or out. Most densely populated place in the world. Why fight right? 

Deja vu. We have this discussion every 6 months. Israel left Gaza and the rockets began which lead to the blockade.  Stop the rockets, you eventually will not have a blockade.   

Notice there isn’t a blockade around the West Bank (checkpoints aren’t blockades).  There are tons of palestiniens that manage to live a decent life in Israel and are better off in the West Bank than Gaza. The main factor is the elected group hamas.  

Of course if hamas loses power, Islamic jihad will be there to take its place.

45 minutes ago, meazza said:

Deja vu. We have this discussion every 6 months. Israel left Gaza and the rockets began which lead to the blockade.  Stop the rockets, you eventually will not have a blockade.   

Notice there isn’t a blockade around the West Bank (checkpoints aren’t blockades).  There are tons of palestiniens that manage to live a decent life in Israel and are better off in the West Bank than Gaza. The main factor is the elected group hamas.  

Of course if hamas loses power, Islamic jihad will be there to take its place.

I visit the West Bank frequently. It’s  not all roses there but it is much better than Gaza. In the WB we can’t export anything and it’s really difficult importing goods too. 

I don’t know for sure why Gaza fires rockets at Israel. My only guess is the brutal way of life there even before the blockade. 

And yes we’ve had this conversation plenty of time. You guys discuss gun control and other issues ad nausea as well. 

Edited by Justice

34 minutes ago, Justice said:

I visit the West Bank frequently. It’s  not all roses there but it is much better than Gaza. In the WB we can’t export anything and it’s really difficult importing goods too. 

I don’t know for sure why Gaza fires rockets at Israel. My only guess is the brutal way of life there even before the blockade. 

And yes we’ve had this conversation plenty of time. You guys discuss gun control and other issues ad nausea as well. 

Personally I stay out of most conversations here but the conclusions always seem to be the same.

16 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Query: why didn’t Jordan Syria and Egypt make Palestinian Arabs citizens of their countries at any point in the past 70 years?

Jordan is like 70% Palestinian. Want them to reach 100?

Lebanon has 450,000 Palestinians 

581,000 Palestinians live in Syria 

Edited by Justice

10 minutes ago, Justice said:

Jordan is like 70% Palestinian. Want them to reach 100?

Lebanon has 450,000 Palestinians 

581,000 Palestinians live in Syria 

Point is they have a vested interest in maintaining Palestinian Arabs in a state of victimhood 

3 hours ago, Justice said:

Newsflash bro. They’ve surrendered long ago. Maybe you didn’t get the memo. Problem is Israel keeps going on with more and more land grabs amongst other things like stealing water, Jewish only roads, no civil rights etc etc etc

Actually, yes, occupation during war is perfectly legal by international law. Once the war is ended, then spoil of war can be discussed, however the struggle between Israel and the "Palestinians" has never ended.

41 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Point is they have a vested interest in maintaining Palestinian Arabs in a state of victimhood 

Point is you were wrong in your insinuation that they don’t. At least admit it. 

12 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Actually, yes, occupation during war is perfectly legal by international law. Once the war is ended, then spoil of war can be discussed, however the struggle between Israel and the "Palestinians" has never ended.

Here we go with that war term again. I’ve been there 6 times and only once were they fighting. 

2 minutes ago, Justice said:

Point is you were wrong in your insinuation that they don’t. At least admit it. 

Here we go with that war term again. I’ve been there 6 times and only once were they fighting. 

Theyre not citizens of those respective countries.