Doug Marrone: Media Darling?

On 12/5/2017 at 10:03 PM, Mat68 said:

They fired there coach last year and they are winning the division.  By plurging the front office this past offseason imo Marrone was right and Pegula was too new to the franchise to see where there issues were.

....Pegula put too much faith and trust in Brandon & Whaley.....they eventually turned on Marrone because they hated his "General Patton style" which included them attending EVERY team meeting..Brandon hired him based on his persistence about "culture change" but didn't realize that it meant "EVERYBODY in the pool"......TP did offer Marrone a four year, $19.6 mil extension and DM said, "I'll get back to you" but did not.....TP called him and DM said he was at the Mall "shopping for the wife's Christmas present" and reiterated, "I'll get back to you".....he did with his resignation....Marrone probably would have been a decent HC, but when two of the organization's Top Dawgs turn on you, take the money and run because they can  make you life hell.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

19 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....Pegula put too much faith and trust in Brandon & Whaley.....they eventually turned on Marrone because they hated his "General Patton style" which included them attending EVERY team meeting..Brandon hired him based on his persistence about "culture change" but didn't realize that it meant "EVERYBODY in the pool"......TP did offer Marrone a four year, $19.6 mil extension and DM said, "I'll get back to you" but did not.....TP called him and DM said he was at the Mall "shopping for the wife's Christmas present" and reiterated, "I'll get back to you".....he did with his resignation....Marrone probably would have been a decent HC, but when two of the organization's Top Dawgs turn on you, take the money and run because they can  make you life hell.....

Right.  That is why it was my understanding that Marrone was looking for more power and control of the football operations not simply more money.  Something Brandon and Whaley didnt want.  Hindsight 20/20 the Buffalo Bills would have fared much better with Marrone and Schwarts.  They both would most likely still here and the playoff drought would have came to an end by now.  

.....rock star.....St Doug is a delicacy..................

Michael DiRocco ESPN Staff Writer -11:20AM   Dec. 8, 2017

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Jacksonville Jaguars fans don't have to wait until after games to eat a bologna and cheese sandwich like coach Doug Marrone.

The team is now selling Marrone's favorite meal throughout EverBank Field on game days, beginning with Sunday's game against Seattle. It's called the Marroney Bologna and it costs $6.

Delaware North Sportservice has put its own twist on it, though. Marrone prefers thin-sliced bologna and American cheese with spicy mustard on white bread. The Marroney Bologna sandwich features thick-cut bologna and American cheese grilled on paisano artisan bread.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

I wasn't sure about St Doug early on, but after 2014 it was clear to me this guy was the best HC we had during the drought. A true young Bill Parcells type and he wanted no part of the Pegula clown show.

Wasn't a big fan of Nate Hackett either but he's proven to be a very good OC in hindsight and is doing great work with St. Doug in Jax.

Going to really suck watching these guys get to the playoffs this year and likely make a run. But at least the Dareus pick turns into a 5th rounder so there's something.

3 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Right.  That is why it was my understanding that Marrone was looking for more power and control of the football operations not simply more money.  Something Brandon and Whaley didnt want.  Hindsight 20/20 the Buffalo Bills would have fared much better with Marrone and Schwarts.  They both would most likely still here and the playoff drought would have came to an end by now.  

....I MOST certainly agree with you.....and the Wrecks hire was all Brandon......saw the texts from him to people I know asking," so what do you think"?.....threw up in my car seat.....but credit to Pegula to getting smarter......Wrecks and Whaley are gone and Brandon has been kicked upstairs in a SOLE business administration role......TP is certainly making every effort to atone for his mistakes as evident by money he is willing to spend out of HIS checkbook to get football people in place...and development will take time, time which is  a clear adversary of Buffalo fans......17 years does strange things....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....rock star.....St Doug is a delicacy..................

Michael DiRocco ESPN Staff Writer -11:20AM   Dec. 8, 2017

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Jacksonville Jaguars fans don't have to wait until after games to eat a bologna and cheese sandwich like coach Doug Marrone.

The team is now selling Marrone's favorite meal throughout EverBank Field on game days, beginning with Sunday's game against Seattle. It's called the Marroney Bologna and it costs $6.

Delaware North Sportservice has put its own twist on it, though. Marrone prefers thin-sliced bologna and American cheese with spicy mustard on white bread. The Marroney Bologna sandwich features thick-cut bologna and American cheese grilled on paisano artisan bread.

That sounds and looks delicious! I love balogna.

15 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I wasn't sure about St Doug early on, but after 2014 it was clear to me this guy was the best HC we had during the drought. A true young Bill Parcells type and he wanted no part of the Pegula clown show.

Wasn't a big fan of Nate Hackett either but he's proven to be a very good OC in hindsight and is doing great work with St. Doug in Jax.

Going to really suck watching these guys get to the playoffs this year and likely make a run. But at least the Dareus pick turns into a 5th rounder so there's something.

He was handed a loaded roster and the weakest schedule in the league. Hold off on Saint Dougie's gold jacket.