Is The NFL Alienating Its Base?

3rdnlng

http://www.gopusa.com/?p=34487?omhide=true

Plagued by sagging ratings, player protests and fan outrage, the NFL has thrown a political Hail Mary by reportedly agreeing to dole out millions of dollars to two social justice groups connected to Democratic billionaire George Soros.

Under an agreement with the Players Coalition, NFL owners plan to funnel tens of millions of dollars to the Dream Corps, a leftist advocacy group led by former Obama adviser Van Jones and linked to Mr. Soros, which has called for saving the Clean Power Plan, cutting the prison population by half and providing “sanctuary for all.”

The $89 million, seven-year deal also carves out millions of dollars for the Players Coalition, according to ESPN, which has been advised by Soros-funded groups such as the Campaign for Fair Sentencing of Youth and the Center for American Progress, a leader of the anti-Trump “resistance.”

Still, there is no guarantee that the hefty payout will solve the league’s public relations woes.

The bargain is aimed at addressing the social justice concerns that have led players to sit or kneel during the national anthem, but nothing in the deal requires players to stand.

In fact, two of the most dedicated protesters — Eric Reid of the San Francisco 49ers and Michael Thomas of the Miami Dolphins — have vowed to keep kneeling and described the deal as inadequate.

Wow. Didn't know the NFL was in bed with radical nutbars like Soro's and Jones. Makes it easier not to care anymore. Personally, the main interest for me is fantasy leagues. Hell, I even cheer for my players if they go against the Bills so that's where my head is at.

Also, I know three 49er season ticket holders who have not gone to games this year because of all of the political nonsense going on. Not sure if they are renewing or not though.

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Watched it like an addict from 1973 until 2 weeks ago.

I haven't missed one second of it.

No interest in watching another NFL game at this moment.

I can see why Jerrah would like someone else calling the shots. Goodell is sending the NFL down the wrong path.

Just now, westerndecline said:

The protest bs will eventually fade away....

I'm more concerned with the crazy over officiating and the constant flags. It's ruining the game

Just wait 'til the Broncos can't travel to New Orleans any more...

You !@#$ing meathead.

I was concerned that at most 6 QBs looked like they had a clue what they are doing out there and could hit their man wide open 10 yards down the field.

And then Rodgers was taken out with a late hit.

Enough of this.

what's Brady and Roethlisberger retire the AFC will definitely be shaken up especially if we're not sure what's going to happen with locking his shoulder I still haven't forgiven Donna hall for not getting the trade up for Robin's burger especially after he said he was trying to trade up make it happen a******

Still can't believe danahoe didn't get that trade done to move up for big Ben.

U make it happen !@#$

3 hours ago, westerndecline said:

what's Brady and Roethlisberger retire the AFC will definitely be shaken up especially if we're not sure what's going to happen with locking his shoulder I still haven't forgiven Donna hall for not getting the trade up for Robin's burger especially after he said he was trying to trade up make it happen a******

Still can't believe danahoe didn't get that trade done to move up for big Ben.

U make it happen !@#$

I see you've been taking grammar lessons from gator.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2017 at 2:10 PM, Nanker said:

I have not watched a full game all year. In fact, I've only "watched" about a quarter of one Jints game.

That is all.

The NFL is dead to me.

I love how you went from the NFL being dead to you to donating to Andy Dalton's charity! Takes a lot of balls to admit you're full of it - and with a monetary donation to boot!

Looks like all the losers who boycotted the NFL this year are back now that the Bills are in the playoffs.

25 minutes ago, garybusey said:

I love how you went from the NFL being dead to you to donating to Andy Dalton's charity! Takes a lot of balls to admit you're full of it - and with a monetary donation to boot!

Looks like all the losers who boycotted the NFL this year are back now that the Bills are in the playoffs.

I never left, but actions like those described ITT make it more likely that I will take a sabbatical from being a fan. Politics do not belong in the NFL. Who knows? Maybe, the NFL flying too high may make the game better in the long run/ 

1 hour ago, garybusey said:

Nope. Cheers to The Bills and to Andy Dalton.

Thumbs down to the NFL players who take a knee during our National Anthem.

I am done with the NFL. Who said I watched that game, or that I'll watch any other. I haven't seen a SB in over three years.

Does that ring your bell? 

giphy.gif

Edited by Nanker
  • Haha (+1) 1