About the injuries...

ShakAttack

This is just to comment on something I find bizarre. 

This year, it seems nearly all of our players that get hurt are going down with some minor knee injury.

And most of them are receivers, but on Sunday that obviously extended to our QB.

Two years ago, the team was plagued by hamstring injuries, and it was all our running backs which is why we started bringing guys in off the street like Boom Herron etc.

Seems all our injuries are always stacked at one position each year and then it's the same type of injury... you can't make that stuff up.

Speaking of things you can't make up.  Is  anyone else a bit annoyed that suddenly Watkins & "Glass" Goodwin are able to play a full season??  I know the season is not over yet, but it appears that is going to happen.

Not as much surprised about Sammy, as  I believe he was genuinely healthy during the off-season and that's a big part of the reason I was completely annoyed by A) not picking up his option and B) trading him away,  but HOW IN THE WORLD HAS GOODWIN AVOIDED INJURY!?!?

Oh, and one other thing that ALWAYS seems to happen................

Every time we are in the hunt with New England up next, we know they are going to beat us, but they never just beat us; they pretty much finish our season in the process.

Seems every time we play the Pats in this scenario we come out of the game with significant injuries.

I do not have specific examples before this season, well, except for that other cheap shot on JP Losman courtesy of Vince Wilfork that happened many years ago when he was actually having a decent season and he was coming off a couple encouraging performances.

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think our QB play over the years has led to some of the WR injuries. When you throw the ball late and inaccurately, your WRs are in danger. 

the common denominator to all our falicies.

When you play lose to the Patriots* two times a year, they are often going to be one of the final daggers.

Fascinating to me that both the Dolphins and Jets won this weekend....  At least the Jets win pushes up the draft pick we got from KC...  This team just feels like it is under some sort of curse...  every time they make you think it's over, the light exposes a weak foundation.  Which is why I am so hopeful of this new administration.  Build a foundation - which is going to take a couple seasons.  Is this an O-Line draft?  I really hope they don't piss away draft picks trying to find a franchise QB.  Yes we need a QB, but don't go throwing up multiple picks to try to find a rookie sensation when we need a solid foundation.

1 hour ago, MTBill said:

When you play lose to the Patriots* two times a year, they are often going to be one of the final daggers.

Fascinating to me that both the Dolphins and Jets won this weekend....  At least the Jets win pushes up the draft pick we got from KC...  This team just feels like it is under some sort of curse...  every time they make you think it's over, the light exposes a weak foundation.  Which is why I am so hopeful of this new administration.  Build a foundation - which is going to take a couple seasons.  Is this an O-Line draft?  I really hope they don't piss away draft picks trying to find a franchise QB.  Yes we need a QB, but don't go throwing up multiple picks to try to find a rookie sensation when we need a solid foundation.

So many possibilities & scenarios in this draft. I can't even decide on the outcome I would like the most (assuming we end up with two first round draft picks in the 12-18 range which is what I think they will be)

But I think I'd be with you as far as not wanting to give up all of these picks to get a QB.   I think if we only had 1-2 needs outside of QB,  I'd go for it, but we need a lot more than that and if we bundled all of our picks to trade up for one of the top 3 QBs, we would just set him up to fail.

At the same time, I am torn.  We do REALLY need a legit first round talent at QB which we literally have not had since Jim Kelly (or Drew Bledsoe if you include trades).

We've spent a 10th overall pick on a 3rd round QB (Rob Johnson),  we spent another first round pick on a raw but "high upside" QB that most teams  had in the 2nd round or later (JP Losman) and then there was EJ Manuel who definitely would not have been drafted in the first round if not for the Bills being so desperate for a QB in the worst possible draft to NEED a QB.

So I would be very excited if we finally got a LEGIT first round QB for the first time since Jim Kelly, but if we are going to start him right away, he is going to need some help and if we have to trade away our abundance of draft picks to get that QB, that could be a serious problem.

As usual, when we get to April/May, I'm going to be thinking "I wish we tanked after all"...

But at the same time, even if we did a proper tank, Cleveland would still have us beat.

Edited by BobBelcher

5 hours ago, cba fan said:

so Sammy would be Bills best and most productive receiver at this point.

Exactly . He would be easily the Bills best receiver , has 31 catches on 51 targets for 528 yards. That's a healthy 17.0 ypc average . He also has more TDs (6) than any Rams WR, the same amount as the Bills top 4 receivers combined. Not sure why any Bills fan wouldn't want this player on the team. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Thank you (+1) 1