Eagles Sign Alshon Jeffery to a 4 Year Extension

5 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

While you may have wanted sammy...would he have wanted to resign here?  He was complaining about targets and seemed frustrated with the team.  Why would he want to stay?  That's a big reason why he was moved, so we actually get something out of it. I don't blame them for wanting to get something for the future instead of one year with Sammy

Miss Sammy, love Gaines.

10 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, that deal will look bad when he misses 10 games next year.

but he's played well for them. If I was them, I would have saved the money and drafted a wr since Wentz looks legit.  That said, they sure got over Jordan Matthews quick!

Stupid people thought that. 

Eagles are trying to win now and in the next couple years, they know AJ is a great receiver for them, why let him go and hope a draft pick is as good. Easier said than done.

9 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Watkins can want whatever he wants. He will only be paid what an NFL team is willing to pay him, i.e. what he IS worth. Not what you or other biased Bills fans feel he is worth. 

He needs to start producing if he wants that kind of money.

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He needs to start producing if he wants that kind of money.

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the definition. If the Rams decide to pay him x dollars , and it is similar money to say the Jeffery contract, then that is what the market has dictated he is " worth". It will be dictated by the market , not what some fans feel he is worth based on stats. 

28 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the definition. If the Rams decide to pay him x dollars , and it is similar money to say the Jeffery contract, then that is what the market has dictated he is " worth". It will be dictated by the market , not what some fans feel he is worth based on stats. 

True.  It only takes one team.  It will be interesting as I'm only giving him a two year deal maximum if I'm a GM.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:20 PM, Boatdrinks said:

They would have had two seasons with Watkins ( thru 2018) if they had picked up the option. Plenty of time to get a new starting QB and make Watkins a focal point of the offense. Of course , if the Bills didn't try to improve the QB position  or run a suitable offense then likely no WR would be all that interested . 

Exactly, the brilliance of the Rams offense lies in its design. It's the old adage about playing chess vs checkers. There was a reason that McVay and Co coveted Watkins. Not sure why anyone would think that Bills fans are smarter than McVay. 

You bring up an excellent point.

McDerma(Beane was not hired yet) should have picked up Sammy's 5th year option regardless if he was going to trade him or keep him. It would have increased his value in trade.

Rams must now deal with Sammy contract demands at end of season. They otherwise would have had him for 690k this yr and approx. 13 mill next year. less than 7 mill per yr. avg.. Approx what Woods gets from them now. Stupid move by McDerma. 

Edited by cba fan

26 minutes ago, cba fan said:

You bring up an excellent point.

McDerma(Beane was not hired yet) should have picked up Sammy's 5th year option regardless if he was going to trade him or keep him. It would have increased his value in trade.

Rams must now deal with Sammy contract demands at end of season. They otherwise would have had him for 690k this yr and approx. 13 mill next year. less than 7 mill per yr. avg.. Approx what Woods gets from them now. Stupid move by McDerma. 

I agree, CBA . It was a rookie mistake by a rookie HC with too much on his plate . He showed his hand before playing it, and one mistake compounded into another imo . The wait and see approach would likely have been prudent, and beneficial to the Bills either way, regardless of what took place down the road.