Weird Dream Thread

I've gotten into the habit of keeping a dream journal.  If I can remember my dream, I write down a little summary while my kids are eating their breakfast.  It's fun to go back through and read them.  I have had a bad cold recently, so I have been taking NyQuil before bed to knock me out.  It seems like I have the most lucid, crazy dreams when I take NyQuil or any sort of sleep aid.

Anyway...

Last night I had a dream that I was being chased by a cheeseburger man wearing a cowboy hat.  I was camping in a tent with my mom, which was weird because she always hated camping.  All of a sudden she wasn't there, and i became very scared.  I wandered around the forest looking for her when cheeseburger man appeared.  He chased me slowly...like one of those dreams where you are running through 12 inches of wet cement in hip waders.  I finally ran back to the tent, and sat down in front of the door exhausted.  Mom nowhere in sight.  I remember feeling scared, but resigned to my fate as a victim of cheeseburger man.  He walked up to me slowly and silently, reached out his hand, and when he opened his hand a large gray moth climbed out and landed on my knee.  Cheeseburger man just stood there silently and watched.  Then I woke up cold and drenched in sweat.

Interpretation: Camping is a connection to nature. If there was a stream or water near by then it symbolizes rebirth. But the fact that your Mom was in the tent with you is puzzling. Oedipus complex usually involves some form of comfort whereas in this scenario you are trying to find her. But the cheeseburger man certainly evidences your search for meat (either in size or a different variety that you might find at a bar called “Chains and Studs” where they play a lot of Abba or Wham). Nonetheless, your search for meat ended with a calm approach by your Jungian psyche with a simple message: the moth has transformed itself from a slow caterpillar to a flying insect that will perish in your campfire. Short story: your days are numbered. 

• Haha (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I've gotten into the habit of keeping a dream journal.  If I can remember my dream, I write down a little summary while my kids are eating their breakfast.  It's fun to go back through and read them.  I have had a bad cold recently, so I have been taking NyQuil before bed to knock me out.  It seems like I have the most lucid, crazy dreams when I take NyQuil or any sort of sleep aid.

Anyway...

Last night I had a dream that I was being chased by a cheeseburger man wearing a cowboy hat.  I was camping in a tent with my mom, which was weird because she always hated camping.  All of a sudden she wasn't there, and i became very scared.  I wandered around the forest looking for her when cheeseburger man appeared.  He chased me slowly...like one of those dreams where you are running through 12 inches of wet cement in hip waders.  I finally ran back to the tent, and sat down in front of the door exhausted.  Mom nowhere in sight.  I remember feeling scared, but resigned to my fate as a victim of cheeseburger man.  He walked up to me slowly and silently, reached out his hand, and when he opened his hand a large gray moth climbed out and landed on my knee.  Cheeseburger man just stood there silently and watched.  Then I woke up cold and drenched in sweat.

WTF?!?! I had this exact same dream, except I wasn't in it.  I was watching it all unfold 3rd person like a movie.  The Cheeseburger man told me how the camper dies.

Do you want to know now or let Mayor McCheese surprise you? 

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Were you molested by the Hamburgerler as a child?

I don’t believe so :(

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Or a moth?

No, but I did watch Silence of the Lambs the other night.  I think my dream may be related.

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Interpretation: Camping is a connection to nature. If there was a stream or water near by then it symbolizes rebirth. But the fact that your Mom was in the tent with you is puzzling. Oedipus complex usually involves some form of comfort whereas in this scenario you are trying to find her. But the cheeseburger man certainly evidences your search for meat (either in size or a different variety that you might find at a bar called “Chains and Studs” where they play a lot of Abba or Wham). Nonetheless, your search for meat ended with a calm approach by your Jungian psyche with a simple message: the moth has transformed itself from a slow caterpillar to a flying insect that will perish in your campfire. Short story: your days are numbered. 

Nice try, but everyone who knows me well knows I’m probably going to die at an early age.  Way too much booze, drugs and dirty women.  Think deeper, fergs.

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

WTF?!?! I had this exact same dream, except I wasn't in it.  I was watching it all unfold 3rd person like a movie.  The Cheeseburger man told me how the camper dies.

Do you want to know now or let Mayor McCheese surprise you? 

I didn’t die in my dream.  In fact, I felt strangely at peace once cheeseburger man caught me.  He meant no harm to me, but was sent to communicate something.  What was the deal with the cowboy hat though?  That is the real question.

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I don’t believe so :(

No, but I did watch Silence of the Lambs the other night.  I think my dream may be related.

Nice try, but everyone who knows me well knows I’m probably going to die at an early age.  Way too much booze, drugs and dirty women.  Think deeper, fergs.

I didn’t die in my dream.  In fact, I felt strangely at peace once cheeseburger man caught me.  He meant no harm to me, but was sent to communicate something.  What was the deal with the cowboy hat though?  That is the real question.

I know.  He told me how and when its going to happen in my dream.

23 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I know.  He told me how and when its going to happen in my dream.

Freaky.  I don’t want to know, but I’m guessing it will involve bourbon, hookers and walleye fishing.

19 minutes ago, mead107 said:

I have not had a sex dream in years 

Yes, but tell us about the last one you did have :rolleyes:

15 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Freaky.  I don’t want to know, but I’m guessing it will involve bourbon, hookers and walleye fishing.

Yes, but tell us about the last one you did have :rolleyes:

It all started when a priest,  a rabbi,  and a horse walked into a bar.....

20 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

I think I know the meaning but need more information 

Did this "cheeseburger" man look like a whopper, a quarter pounder, or more of a Texas Roadhouse chopped steak kinda fella ? 

The cowboy hat should answer that for you...

Obviously, it was Arby's. They have the "meats" Hammer desires.

2 hours ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

I think I know the meaning but need more information 

Did this "cheeseburger" man look like a whopper, a quarter pounder, or more of a Texas Roadhouse chopped steak kinda fella ? 

He was just a basic McDonalds cheeseburger.  About 4 feet tall.  Little arms.  Little legs.  Cowboy hat.  Pickles, minced onions, ketchup, mustard.  Creepy kinda guy though because he doesn’t speak.  I can’t remember if he has a face even....

Interesting idea for a thread topic!

I generally don't remember my dreams, but if I do, they're pretty tame.

My favourite are my mountain biking dreams.  Endless miles of downhill single track!

17 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Did you ever eat at Red Barn when you were young?

E9F8DFB7-F022-4295-82AA-1124B49BB0C8.jpeg

Wow, that's a blast from the past!

5 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Wow, that's a blast from the past!

Yes!  When I was a child, the one in Hamburg (how convenient a name) was the one we would go to.

Also... Anybody remember, if I recall the name right, Carol's (Drive-In) on Walden, near Harlem... Across from where the Thruway Mall was?

Man our family were a bunch of burgermeisters! LoL:D