Dion Dawkins 2nd highest graded rookie OT

I don't follow the salary cap situation very closely, and I couldn't tell you what Glenn will cost against the cap next season, but take that away as a factor and I don't see any point in dumping Glenn. The original plan was for Dawkins to compete at RT where the real problem has been this season.  It was Glenn's foot injury that forced the Bills to kieep playing Dawkins there instead of learning the RT spot.  I have not heard any suggestion that Glenn's foot is the kind of injury that is going to bother him the rest of his career.  What happens is that injuries that occur during the season just don't have the time to really heal up because of the pressure to play with it.

6 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Now the question is, should the Bills cut their losses with Glenn and just put him on Injured Reserve?

The Bills have been very vague about Glenn's timetable to return, and there are only so many games left.

To put it mildly.  While it’s frustrating as a fan, you’d get no more out of the Patriots. They gain nothing by sharing more about his condition,  but expensive players who can’t be counted on to be available make you wonder about their futures. Have to trust the Docs I guess. 

17 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

The  best thing the Bills can do for a rookie QB is have a great offensive line in front of him. A healthy Cordy assists in that.

Great where can we find one of those 

2 hours ago, pimp on da' net said:

Yes.

Is he good when he plays?

Maybe McBean is playing for the long haul and letting Glen fully heal instead of rushing him back...it has always been the thought with ankle injuries that a break is better than a sprang. I'm guessing after this weeks game McBean will make the decision to IR Glen, if we lose.

Not sure it’s been so long I can’t remember.

17 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nope because, ya' know, we can spend that money elsewhere and get 2-3 good players.:doh:

That's a popular philosophy around here at least.........until free agency starts and people actually realize there is COMPETITION for free agent talent and Buffalo is not inherently high on any players list.

Last time I checked, you can only play 1 LT at a time.

Although we could run some Heavy formations and really get the most out of Dawkins and Glenn.

20 hours ago, wiskibreth said:

Well, I got a secret.  Olinemen get injured, and often. 

Well, I got a secret.  Some Olinemen get injured, and often.  Others go years at high level never getting injured.  It has to do with offseason work and preparation.

3 hours ago, Mat68 said:

With how well Dawkins is playing I would move one to LT.  I would keep the more athletic guy at LT the otehr I would move to RT.  Likely Dawkins LT Glenn RT.  Protect the Qb.  

You don't think Glenn is an athletic tackle?

The O-line is an older unit esp if Glenn is having more chronic injury issues. So hopefully Dawkins can be a good young piece for the unit. Maybe Groy and Dawkins could be the younger building blocks of the O-line, while they maybe draft replacements for Wood and InCog in the draft. I can't see Wood having more than 1-2 seasons left as a capable center, I can't see InCog having more than 1 more good season left. The line needs Dawkins to be a good player as they don't have much youth outside of him. 

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

The O-line is an older unit esp if Glenn is having more chronic injury issues. So hopefully Dawkins can be a good young piece for the unit. Maybe Groy and Dawkins could be the younger building blocks of the O-line, while they maybe draft replacements for Wood and InCog in the draft. I can't see Wood having more than 1-2 seasons left as a capable center, I can't see InCog having more than 1 more good season left. The line needs Dawkins to be a good player as they don't have much youth outside of him. 

I still have faith in miller

Castillo is retarded

He's a good run blocker. Idk wtf Castillo is watching

3 hours ago, westerndecline said:

I still have faith in miller

Castillo is retarded

He's a good run blocker. Idk wtf Castillo is watching

I agree I don't know why Miller was given up on so quickly. Miller or Groy should be starting at RG. But they definitely need to draft 2 O-linemen in the upcoming draft. They don't need to spend a high pick but somewhere in round 3 or 4 they need to draft an heir apparent for InCog and they might need to think about drafting a tackle to replace Glenn in the late rounds.