Both teams game plan (IMO) Sunday Pats v Bills

PatsFanNH

Ok I am taking my shot at what I expect the game plans to be. I will probably be absolutely wrong but hey it's fun!

Pats D:

8 men in the Box and a lot of 1 on 1 man coverage for our CB. I expect them to focus on limiting McCoy and forcing TT beat him with his arm. I also suspect on passing downs there will be one player shodowing McCoy to limit any yardage he gains by running.

Bills O:

your a running team so I expect a lot of McCoy and Play Action Passes. The Bills best chance at winning is keeping Brady as a spectator as long as possible.  But if I was the Bills first play of the game play action pass and go deep to Clay or Watson if he is playing.

Pats O:

Business as usual a steady diet of Lewis and Burkhead running with Brady passing and changing the plays based off of what he sees from the D.

Bills D:

i expect them try try take advantage of the weaker LT if the pats start their 3rd stringer and Cannon is unable to go again. I think they can slow the Pats O down but I don't think they will stop them from scoring around 24 points at least.

so what do you guys think? 

32 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ok I am taking my shot at what I expect the game plans to be. I will probably be absolutely wrong but hey it's fun!

Pats D:

8 men in the Box and a lot of 1 on 1 man coverage for our CB. I expect them to focus on limiting McCoy and forcing TT beat him with his arm. I also suspect on passing downs there will be one player shodowing McCoy to limit any yardage he gains by running.

Bills O:

your a running team so I expect a lot of McCoy and Play Action Passes. The Bills best chance at winning is keeping Brady as a spectator as long as possible.  But if I was the Bills first play of the game play action pass and go deep to Clay or Watson if he is playing.

Pats O:

Business as usual a steady diet of Lewis and Burkhead running with Brady passing and changing the plays based off of what he sees from the D.

Bills D:

i expect them try try take advantage of the weaker LT if the pats start their 3rd stringer and Cannon is unable to go again. I think they can slow the Pats O down but I don't think they will stop them from scoring around 24 points at least.

so what do you guys think? 

Watson. Benjamin, no?

Edited by BuffaloMatt
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We have zero wr's capable of stretching the field on fly routes. All our throws will be checkdowns or intermediate routes. Bill already knows this. There will be 8 in the box all day. Maybe a spy on TT. We just don't have the qb or wr's or even oline to compete with NE this year. I think our defense will play inspired early but they'll get worn down.

• Like (+1) 1

I think good playaction will be vital, but they need to stop the opposite side rollouts immediately following the play action, because it leads to limiting TT's field of vision and he takes immediate sacks on missed assignments from the Oline or he rolls out and limits his WR options to one side of the field. Run the playaction and remain in the pocket.  

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We have zero wr's capable of stretching the field on fly routes. All our throws will be checkdowns or intermediate routes. Bill already knows this. There will be 8 in the box all day. Maybe a spy on TT. We just don't have the qb or wr's or even oline to compete with NE this year. I think our defense will play inspired early but they'll get worn down.

Not true...Thompson is one of the fastest players in the league but he never gets any seperation on his deep routes..  This shouldn't be.

4 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

The Bills game plan is to run on 1st and 2nd down and to throw a check-down pass on 3rd down and to punt on 4th down. 

The Patriots is to throw every down and score numerous touchdowns,

Patriots 48 Bills 21

21?

I think they will have trouble getting to 16 but your 48  for the Pattycakes sounds about right to me. Good day to get drunk

Benjamin's not playing.  They'll probably try to force McCoy and Cadet running; Dennison doesn't know any better.  Passing: Clay, McCoy, and Zay Jones should see a lot of passes their way on more intermediate routes.  Doubt they go long much since Tyrod isn't very accurate.  Also expect to see Tyrod run a lot, and hopefully he will be allowed more play action.  If Dennison forces him to stay in the pocket, then it will play into the Pats hands and further handicap Tyrod.

Aside from the gamelpan, Tyrod Taylor has to understand that he's playing not just for the rest of the season in Buffalo this week, but a shot at getting another starting job elsewhere next year. This game is a true audition in every sense of the word.

So if he comes out and posts the usual statline (170 yards 1 TD, 20 rushing yards, etc) it's not a smart career move on his part. And he said himself that 16 points won't cut it against the Pats this week so hopefully at the very least he plays aggressive and doesn't worry about turnovers.

I do fully expect us to turn back to NP if Taylor looks terrible again this week and we're blown out. No need to hold onto any false playoff hopes any longer and use the 'but we can still win the other games and get to 9 wins' excuse.