Call the 32 2018 starting QBs

GunnerBill

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

In light of the Eli Manning news and discussion in a few other threads I thought we should play a little game.  It's a bit of fun at this stage but maybe we can revisit it in the offseason.... call now the guy who starts 2018 under centre for each of the 32 NFL teams and please folks this is what I think not what I want:

AFC North

Bengals - Andy Dalton

Browns - Josh Rosen

Ravens - Joe Flacco

Steelers - Ben Roethlisberger

AFC East

Bills - Sam Bradford 

Dolphins - Alex Smith

Jets - Josh McCown

Patriots - Tom Brady

AFC South

Colts - Andrew Luck

Jaguars - Eli Manning

Texans - Deshaun Watson

Titans - Marcus Mariota

AFC West

Broncos - Case Keenum

Chargers - Philip Rivers

Chiefs - Patrick Mahomes

Raiders - Derek Carr

NFC North

Bears - Mitch Trubisky

Lions - Matt Stafford

Packers - Aaron Rodgers

Vikings - Teddy Bridgewater

NFC East

Cowboys - Dak Prescott

Eagles - Carson Wentz

Giants - Sam Darnold

Redskins - Kirk Cousins

NFC South

Buccaneers - Jameis Winston

Falcons - Matt Ryan

Panthers - Cam Newton

Saints - Drew Brees

NFC West

Cardinals - Tyrod Taylor

49ers - Jimmy Garoppolo

Rams - Jared Goff

Seahawks - Russell Wilson

Sam Bradford in Buffalo? Who is the backup because he will be out week 5 with an injury.  And dolphins are not going away from Tanahill yet. Ravens will draft a QB and Flacco be replaced mid season.

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

Sam Bradford in Buffalo? Who is the backup because he will be out week 5 with an injury.  And dolphins are not going away from Tanahill yet. Ravens will draft a QB and Flacco be replaced mid season.

I think they draft Mason Rudolph and he is in by about week 5 as your predict.  

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Not so sure about that yet.  $17.5 for a guy that is on the wrong side of 30 and coming off of two ACL surgeries on the same knee?

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Not so sure about that yet.  $17.5 for a guy that is on the wrong side of 30 and coming off of two ACL surgeries on the same knee?

He is just turning 30 this off season. 30 is USUALLY when QB are in their Prime.  And was it the same knee? Damn! 

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

In my scenario with Cousins we bide our time and take a guy like Clayton Thorson on day 2

Yeah, if you sign Cousins, you are not going the bridge qb route.  Then you take a developmental qb with a chance at upside.

However, I'd take a shot at the enigmatic Josh Allen in that case, though you might have to use a first to do it.

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

In my scenario with Cousins we bide our time and take a guy like Clayton Thorson on day 2

If we sign Cousins I could even see us not taking one.  Do you think Cousins as a Bill is realistic?  I suppose if they keen Dennison they could try and sell him on it being the same system that he was drafted to play in??

AFC North

Bengals - Andy Dalton

Browns - Tyrod Taylor

Ravens - Joe Flacco

AFC East

Bills - Josh Rosen

Dolphins - Alex Smith

Jets - Josh McCown

Patriots - Tom Brady

AFC South

Colts - Andrew Luck

Jaguars - Sam Bradford

Texans - Deshaun Watson

Titans - Marcus Mariota

AFC West

Broncos - Chad Kelly

Chargers - Philip Rivers

Chiefs - Patrick Mahomes

Raiders - Derek Carr

NFC North

Bears - Mitch Trubisky

Lions - Matt Stafford

Packers - Aaron Rodgers

NFC East

Cowboys - Dak Prescott

Eagles - Carson Wentz

Giants - Sam Darnold

Redskins - Kirk Cousins

NFC South

Falcons - Matt Ryan

Panthers - Cam Newton

Saints - Drew Brees

NFC West

Cardinals - Eli Manning

49ers - Jimmy Garoppolo

Rams - Jared Goff

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

If we sign Cousins I could even see us not taking one.  Do you think Cousins as a Bill is realistic?  I suppose if they keen Dennison they could try and sell him on it being the same system that he was drafted to play in??

We have some weapons in their prime, and if we don't need to trade up we have 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds to alleviate any of his concerns personnel-wise. We have the cap room moving forward to give him a sizable contract. I feel like whether the OC is Dennison, Jackson (my ideal choice), or someone else, having a Cousins in place with Shady, KB, Clay, etc. makes the destination enticing. He's originally from Michigan, so he'd be used to the climate and closer to home. I certainly don't expect it to happen, but we have the resources to make a pretty convincing sell, imo.

6 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

AFC North

Bengals - Andy Dalton

Browns - Tyrod Taylor

Ravens - Joe Flacco

AFC East

Bills - Josh Rosen

Dolphins - Alex Smith

Jets - Josh McCown

Patriots - Tom Brady

AFC South

Colts - Andrew Luck

Jaguars - Sam Bradford

Texans - Deshaun Watson

Titans - Marcus Mariota

AFC West

Broncos - Chad Kelly

Chargers - Philip Rivers

Chiefs - Patrick Mahomes

Raiders - Derek Carr

NFC North

Bears - Mitch Trubisky

Lions - Matt Stafford

Packers - Aaron Rodgers

NFC East

Cowboys - Dak Prescott

Eagles - Carson Wentz

Giants - Sam Darnold

Redskins - Kirk Cousins

NFC South

Falcons - Matt Ryan

Panthers - Cam Newton

Saints - Drew Brees

NFC West

Cardinals - Eli Manning

49ers - Jimmy Garoppolo

Rams - Jared Goff

Well, I like Rosen, but how do you see that happening realistically.  Apparently we traded Tyrod Taylor and picks for the first pick in the draft.

Even the Browns aren't that stupid.

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

We have some weapons in their prime, and if we don't need to trade up we have 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds to alleviate any of his concerns personnel-wise. We have the cap room moving forward to give him a sizable contract. I feel like whether the OC is Dennison, Jackson (my ideal choice), or someone else, having a Cousins in place with Shady, KB, Clay, etc. makes the destination enticing. He's originally from Michigan, so he'd be used to the climate and closer to home. I certainly don't expect it to happen, but we have the resources to make a pretty convincing sell, imo.

I love the idea of Hue Jackson as OC.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Well, I like Rosen, but how do you see that happening realistically.  Apparently we traded Tyrod Taylor and picks for the first pick in the draft.

Even the Browns aren't that stupid.

I love the idea of Hue Jackson as OC.

I think it could be great for them to get to 500 while building, I hope for the trade because IMO the Browies can see waiting till 2019 to draft another QB if the draft picks come there way along with a starting QB to boot. It would be fun to see Rosen here, got my fingers crossed. Doesn't it look nice to see a real name at QB for the Bills

Go Bills

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, xRUSHx said:

I think it could be great for them to get to 500 while building, I hope for the trade because IMO the Browies can see waiting till 2019 to draft another QB if the draft picks come there way along with a starting QB to boot. It would be fun to see Rosen here, got my fingers crossed.

Go Bills

Are you essentially thinking the Rams/Titans trade moving from 15 to 1? I'm not against that, I just think it's a slower path to success (not that that's a bad thing necessarily).

18 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Are you essentially thinking the Rams/Titans trade moving from 15 to 1? I'm not against that, I just think it's a slower path to success (not that that's a bad thing necessarily).

I just want that top pick, I get a chill down my back just thinking about Rosen in Buffalo.

Edited by xRUSHx

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

That trade was two 1sts; two 2nds and two 3rds; for #1 overall; a 4th and a 6th.  

The Bills could pay that kind of price without giving up much in future years.  They'd just need to find a dancing partner at the top of the draft.... the 49ers are the most likely I would say, maybe the Colts could be high enough.... though I suspect Rosen and Darnold would be gone (if both come out).  

Say the Bills end up at about #12 and we want to get to #2.... both our 1sts and both our 2nds this year might be enough to get that done.  

Fun topic!

AFC North

Bengals - Andy Dalton

Browns - Josh Rosen

Ravens - Joe Flacco

Steelers - Eli Manning

AFC East

Bills - Luke Falk

Dolphins - Teddy Bridgewater

Jets - Josh McCown

Patriots - Tom Brady

AFC South