Tyler Dunne: "Dennison Stays and Tyrod Goes"

BuffaloRush

8 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Not primarily Tyrod's fault, no. But is he maybe part of it? Absolutely.

Teams are probably less scared of Tyrod than they are of Shady breaking one. They likely have more resources and game-planning time devoted to stopping the run game.

Know whose play-calling was unbelievably predictable? Marchibroda. Teams knew what was coming, they just couldn't stop it. An awful lot of the time what is called play-calling problems are really execution problems. That's not just on the Bills, it's in football generally.

Wow... some seriously shaky language in here, Thurm :lol:

I see you're still arguing just to argue, Thurm 

And are we really comparing our team with a generational team with multiple HOFers and an unbelievable OL? :doh:

That's the equivalent of people who compare Tyrod with Brady.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

4 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Dennison doesn't know how to use Tyrod properly.  Since Tyrod doesn't appear to be here anyway next year, maybe they give Dennison another opportunity with a QB that actually fits his scheme.  Who knows?

unless that QB also "doesn't fit the scheme"...

1 hour ago, clayboy54 said:

The part that I really don't understand why you all don't seem to get, is that in the 1st season of a new staff and team rebuild, how do you know what they're trying to do? I believe they're trying to evaluate what they have and what they need, all while trying to win a few games. If you don't try fitting a square peg into a round hole, how do you know it doesn't fit?

Additionally, the staff needs to know which player can comprehend and execute certain schemes. These players for the most part are not rocket scientists. Some can get it, and some just cannot, for whatever reason. Part of it is physical. A lot of it is mental. So, in the 1st year you ask them to try this and try that, each for a few games. You see how they comprehend the mental concept of the play, and you see how they physically execute it. Then you start making decisions. In our case, I believe that at the highest level, you just don't have many players on offense that are complete players at much of anything.

So, I ask you, early in a rebuild, do you completely structure your concept around marginal players you have, or do you design a system that you believe will win in the long run and keep a few bridge players at certain positions until you can acquire complete players to properly execute the system over time?

I guess it depends on who you are.

You don't have to reinvent the wheel.

These coaches have years of film to watch to see what plays these guys have executed well and which ones they didn't.    They also had training camp and numerous practices to evaluate what these players can and can't do.    

You can usually tell by looking at a square peg and a round hole that the two don't fit together.   You don't have to try hitting it with a hammer a few more times.  :lol:

If they are still trying to "get a feel" for the team and what the players can or can't do, then these coaches are extremely slow learners who don't belong in the league.

NFL stands for Not For Long which is how long you get to become good in the league before getting canned.

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Really has nothing to do with Taylor... please refer to above comments about predictable playcalling in reference to handoffs to RBs :flirt:

You're happy with Dennison?

If you don't like Dennison I promise you that you will hate Mike McCoy.  Predictable should be his middle name.  

18 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Saying it again. The decision to bench Taylor was 100% Dennison. 

Just saying but it can't possibly have been 100% Dennison.  It might have been Dennison's idea and Dennison pushing for it (and as I said if that is the case he should go at the end of the year for that error) but it can't be 100% a coordinator's decision.  At some point Beane and McDermott had to decide to go with it.  

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Just saying but it can't possibly have been 100% Dennison.  It might have been Dennison's idea and Dennison pushing for it (and as I said if that is the case he should go at the end of the year for that error) but it can't be 100% a coordinator's decision.  At some point Beane and McDermott had to decide to go with it.  

Why would Beane have any say in it?  If anything I would think Leslie Frazier might chime in with an opinion.  But otherwise why wouldn't it just be between McDermott and Dennsion?

2 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Why would Beane have any say in it?  If anything I would think Leslie Frazier might chime in with an opinion.  But otherwise why wouldn't it just be between McDermott and Dennsion?

I suspect Beane would have the opportunity to have a say because I think McDermott trusts him more implicitly than he trusts any of the coaches. They are joined at the hip.  I doubt McDermott decides which socks to put on in the morning before saying that he gives credit to Brandon and his staff for the selection of socks he has to choose from.  

Edited by GunnerBill

20 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Fact.  Source I trust directly involved with discussion on this. 

If its the same source that thought Peterman wasn't ready I'm buying what your selling.

Makes ssense,  Dennison's job is on the line.

G Roman O was a great fit for Taylor in my humble opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Figster said:

If its the same source that thought Peterman wasn't ready I'm buying what your selling.

Makes ssense,  Dennison's job is on the line.

G Roman O was a great fit for Taylor in my humble opinion. 

The source that said he wasn't ready was just one of about 7 who said he wasnt

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Fact.  Source I trust directly involved with discussion on this. 

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm sure Boys' source is correct in that Dennison wanted Peterman. But McDermott would have to be convinced since he's the HC and it's ultimately his butt on the line in that he's the one who has to answer for such decisions in front of the media and the Pegulas.

Even if Dennison has 100% say over personnel decisions on the offensive side of the ball (doubtful), that's only because McDermott has given him that authority.

I'm hoping McDermott can see that Dennison needs to be let go after the season is complete.

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They had a top 10 scoring offense and DVOA offense each of the last 2 years. Now they are totally inept. I’m sorry but that’s a him problem. We can deflect all that we want and the main thing that is different is him. Ockham’s Razor

We hired an OC to run his system.

4 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I'm sure Boys' source is correct in that Dennison wanted Peterman. But McDermott would have to be convinced since he's the HC and it's ultimately his butt on the line in that he's the one who has to answer for such decisions in front of the media and the Pegulas.

Even if Dennison has 100% say over personnel decisions on the offensive side of the ball (doubtful), that's only because McDermott has given him that authority.

I'm hoping McDermott can see that Dennison needs to be let go after the season is complete.

My take/opinion was that it was sold to Dennison as an obvious move. The team was struggling on offense. Peterman has a chance to move us forward from average so let's see if he can. If we are only average than we can do better kind of attitude.

Taylor is the one who this originated from, fwiw, that it was Dennison

• Thank you (+1) 1