Turning our KC Pick into a top 5 pick?

simpleman

Just now, P51 said:

Cousins in FA, trade back in the draft and build or stay put and take the best Tackle prospect to protect Cousins or another FA QB type. I think Elway isnt looking for a rookie either, that would waste the defense and the last of the offense. I think he'll look for the quick fix.

Probably will be in the market for Bradford, like us. Or maybe Keenum.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

KC is playing some really bad ball in the lately.

That pick alone could get us inside the top 10.

Agreed.  And that would be incredible, because they looked like the best team in the league early in the season.  I have no idea what happened to them.

Just now, mannc said:

Agreed.  And that would be incredible, because they looked like the best team in the league early in the season.  I have no idea what happened to them.

Yep.  After about 5 weeks, I thought KC was going to the Super Bowl.  That's when the Pats didn't look like the Pats so I thought they'll be able to get over them this year.

Wow...what a landslide right now that's taking place in KC.  They were shutdown by the Giants....the Giants.

Just now, billsfan11 said:

Hoping so but I have a feeling Denver would draft a QB at that spot. I don't think they are sold on Lynch, and probably would Rather a young QB with a high ceiling rather than a 29 year old with not a huge upside.

This is not a knock against a TT as I like him for the most part, but I think drafting a QB would make the most sense for Denver. Assuming Elway likes a QB at their draft spot of course

My point is more with the window. If the QB takes 2 years to develop is their window closed? They have a very good defense still but that won’t be the case forvever. They could take Tyrod as the short term guy while drafting a guy or continuing to develop Lynch. They can also get 2 other players from the trade to fix that offense. If they take our 2 firsts and Tyrod they can do something like Guice and a OL or DB. They can try to play ball control and win that way. 

5 minutes ago, P51 said:

Cousins in FA, trade back in the draft and build or stay put and take the best Tackle prospect to protect Cousins or another FA QB type. I think Elway isnt looking for a rookie either, that would waste the defense and the last of the offense. I think he'll look for the quick fix.

Makes sense

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yep.  After about 5 weeks, I thought KC was going to the Super Bowl.  That's when the Pats didn't look like the Pats so I thought they'll be able to get over them this year.

Wow...what a landslide right now that's taking place in KC.  They were shutdown by the Giants....the Giants.

I think Alex Smith is showing that, when all is said and done, he is a 34-year old Alex Smith.  It’s mind-boggling that some people want the Bills to sign him for next year.

24 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I honestly think there needs to start being a screening process before someone can create an account...

It is getting crazy.  I'd like to see must be a member for at least 30 days before replying to a post (1st 30 days spent observing only) then 6 months and 100 replies before starting own new  threads.

Freedom of the press is really getting out of hand here!!

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

I think Alex Smith is showing that, when all is said and done, he is a 34-year old Alex Smith.  It’s mind-boggling that some people want the Bills to sign him for next year.

Get possibly ready for it.  If Tyrod isn't back next year which I think is the case....Alex Smith, Sam Bradford or other similar level vet player will probably be under center for us.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Get possibly ready for it.  If Tyrod isn't back next year which I think is the case....Alex Smith, Sam Bradford or other similar level vet player will probably be under center for us.

Wouldn't be surprised if this happens especially if they don't have faith in NP or thing he's made strides since the Chargers debacle.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That would be awful...why bring in a bridge QB who is no better than Tyrod, will cost just as much, and is older?  Makes no sense.

Edited by mannc

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

My point is more with the window. If the QB takes 2 years to develop is their window closed? They have a very good defense still but that won’t be the case forvever. They could take Tyrod as the short term guy while drafting a guy or continuing to develop Lynch. They can also get 2 other players from the trade to fix that offense. If they take our 2 firsts and Tyrod they can do something like Guice and a OL or DB. They can try to play ball control and win that way. 

You make some good points. I guess it depends on what direction they want to go.

If they want to win short term, they will have lots of options including the one you listed. 

Could also sign like a case Keenum, or one of the free agent QBs and still draft a QB at 5. 

They have lots of options and it will be very interesting to see what they do in the draft, because it could be a key for the Bills

1 hour ago, simpleman said:

Check out the playoff standings. We should all be rooting against Denver. Denver could be headed for a top 5 pick in the 2018 draft. Bundling a 2nd round with our KC 1st and TT might get us a decent QB prospect, maybe not first tier, but the cream of the 2nd tier.

Tyrod Taylor will no longer be a Bill by the time the draft rolls around.

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

Why wouldn't you just trade with SF?  I think Denver knows they don't have a qb worth keeping on their roster.  They are the competition.

My reasoning is the SF trade would cost us too much. Denver would not. The first 2 or 3 spots will cost a premium. If Denver is around a 5, you might be able to give them a first and  a 2nd from among our highest in each round, and TT. We still would have a 1st and a 2nd, instead of not having a pick in those rounds. Denver could win now with TT. They are not in an almost total rebuild mode like Buffalo is. With a decent QB they can be patient to get the right QB of the future without expending any draft capital to move up this year.  We give up a QB we most likely won't want anyway next year, and still have a full regular component of picks we sorely need to fill the extra the holes management has created this year. SF would have no interest in TT. They most likely would want both our 1sts and a 2nd at minimum. Who would we have to trade to SF that we don't want that SF wants and can afford. Jimmie is going to cost a lot to re-sign. Are you thinking Glen?

1 hour ago, John from Hemet said:

Simple

I know that you meant KC.

That was one of the added beni's from yesterday.....we hurt their playoff chances and improved our 1st roundpick selection

Thank you. It shows the difference punctuation makes when you type" Using Denver, First Round Pick" and "Using Denver & First Round Pick" LOL.

Edited by simpleman
readability

1 hour ago, simpleman said:

My reasoning is the SF trade would cost us too much. Denver would not. The first 2 or 3 spots will cost a premium. If Denver is around a 5, you might be able to give them a first and  a 2nd from among our highest in each round, and TT. We still would have a 1st and a 2nd, instead of not having a pick in those rounds. Denver could win now with TT. They are not in an almost total rebuild mode like Buffalo is. With a decent QB they can be patient to get the right QB of the future without expending any draft capital to move up this year.  We give up a QB we most likely won't want anyway next year, and still have a full regular component of picks we sorely need to fill the extra the holes management has created this year. SF would have no interest in TT. They most likely would want both our 1sts and a 2nd at minimum. Who would we have to trade to SF that we don't want that SF wants and can afford. Jimmie is going to cost a lot to re-sign. Are you thinking Glen?

I wouldn't want to trade Glen if he can get to a place where he is healthy most of the time.  If we judge he can't, I'd consider trading him to move up if it would get Rosen.  Your take is plausible, though I still wonder if Denver would be amenable.  I'm likely to change my mind a lot once more scouting stuff comes out -- I'm not at all an expert on qb -- but I like Rosen and Mayfield the best.  I'm guessing Darnold stays in school.  I'd take Jackson if he fell to us; I don't think you have to trade up to get him.

Edited by Dr. Who

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Unless your name is Nate.  Then you only get 1/2 game. 

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Are you still on the "Dolphins are a lock for the playoffs"?

why'd you have to go and remind him!!!!!!!     :rolleyes: