First segment of WGR morning show today

Big Blitz

Well Tyrod's abilities are clearly sub-par for an NFL quarterback and well below that of a NFL Playoff caliber quarterback.  With that being said, he is the best we have at this point.  If you are a big TT fan, you better enjoy the next five games because his tenure here is over.

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

It's not semantics. It's an incorrect statement. You said "The team chose to throw 5 passes in the 2nd half." Which I proved false.

Yep.  Called passes that Tyrod ducked out of to scramble should be included.  I still think that final offensive play on the final drive was a called pass too, though I think it was always intended as a "if your first read isn't there then tuck and run" play.  I'll need to look at the all22 when it is out but he seemed to look at one receiver on an in breaking route decide he didn't like it and run.  A lot of others thought that it was a called QB draw so I will look at the all22.  

Just now, davspo said:

Well Tyrod's abilities are clearly sub-par for an NFL quarterback and well below that of a NFL Playoff caliber quarterback.  With that being said, he is the best we have at this point.  If you are a big TT fan, you better enjoy the next five games because his tenure here is over.

How it SHOULD work is that TT remains the starter until the guy we draft next year is ready to step in. Very simple.

That is managing an NFL football team.

Can't tank in the NFL unless you don't mind losing the buy in of your whole team.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

You are correct there, however my point still holds, especially once the extra FG was scored.

Coaches shut the thing down.

24 attempts that made it to the level of "attempt" in 1st half.

5 in the second half. (woulda been 7 with 2 sacks, one was a designed qb draw)

Hence 29 pass attempts for TT total

They "shut the thing down" on one single drive. It resulted in Chiefs having to spend all of their timeouts and the Bills ultimately won the game. 

They "shut the thing down" on one single drive. It resulted in Chiefs having to spend all of their timeouts and the Bills ultimately won the game. 

Not gonna agree with you there, sorry. Move on. (I will as well)

5 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

You are correct there, however my point still holds, especially once the extra FG was scored.

Coaches shut the thing down.

24 attempts that made it to the level of "attempt" in 1st half.

5 in the second half. (woulda been 7 with 2 sacks, one was a designed qb draw)

Hence 29 pass attempts for TT total

McD is super conservative. Thats never going to change. Its going to be ugly many times bc if we’re up even one score, McD is going to want to go full on hermit mode. On the brightside, many of those ugly games can be wins over time. 

4 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

When the defense holds a team to 10 points a QB that does not turn the football over will win. 

So yes Tyrod had something to do with the win. The D lead the way, but if the offense turns the ball over all of a sudden 10 points allowed can turn into 20 points allowed. 

Except for when we held the Panthers to 9 points and lost because the offense was terrible.

Edited by Luka

1 minute ago, bobobonators said:

McD is super conservative. Thats never going to change. Its going to be ugly many times bc if we’re up even one score, McD is going to want to go full on hermit mode. On the brightside, many of those ugly games can be wins over time. 

But this simply isn't true. McDermott has gone for 4th down conversions multiple times this season. 

If McDermott was "super conservative" then he would be in love with Tyrod and would have never put in rookie gunslinger Peterman.

This take is a giant contradiction.

6 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

But this simply isn't true. McDermott has gone for 4th down conversions multiple times this season. 

If McDermott was "super conservative" then he would be in love with Tyrod and would have never put in rookie gunslinger Peterman.

That's what makes it so hilarious, ridiculous, perplexing and outright stupid all at the same time. 

They put in Peterman, tried to prove a point and wanted so bad to put up 35 points and 300+ yards that resulted in a national embarrassment and 5 first half Ints.......

Then back to the worst playcalling imaginable vs. KC.

Edited by Billsfan1972

That doesn't have to be the case.  Tyrod is merely the lesser of two evils at this point. 

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Even conservative coaches go for it on 4th down every once in a while no? 

And didnt they decide to bring back Tyrod in the offseason? The fact that he was benched for 2 quarters doesnt make him river boat ron. 

If you think McD is anything but conservative and calculating, I dont know what to tell you. Im not saying its a bad thing necessarily. But dont make out McD to be a guy that is going to want to pass the ball 40x on offense regardless of who the QB is. 

McD himelf said during the offseason that he wanted to run shady into the ground, did he not?

Hes a run the ball, control the clock, dont turn the ball over, and play good defense kind of coach. Aka: conservative. 

3 minutes ago, stony said:

That doesn't have to be the case.  Tyrod is merely the lesser of two evils at this point. 

Tyrod is the complete opposite of Peterman. He's a conservative head coach's dream. Careful with the ball (to a fault), won't take chances. Peterman will throw it all over the place.

5 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Even conservative coaches go for it on 4th down every once in a while no? 

And didnt they decide to bring back Tyrod in the offseason? The fact that he was benched for 2 quarters doesnt make him river boat ron. 

If you think McD is anything but conservative and calculating, I dont know what to tell you. Im not saying its a bad thing necessarily. But dont make out McD to be a guy that is going to want to pass the ball 40x on offense regardless of who the QB is. 

McD himelf said during the offseason that he wanted to run shady into the ground, did he not?

Hes a run the ball, control the clock, dont turn the ball over, and play good defense kind of coach. Aka: conservative. 

Don't agree at all. You must think Pegula forced McDermott's hand to bench Taylor.

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

We get it.  Tyrod ain't Aaron Rodgers.  That can't be fixed today.  There is no QB debate here.  The Trent vs JP and Fitz vs whoever or Orton vs EJ or EJ vs Tyrod days are done.  There is no freaking debate in week 12 of this season.  

Just shut up about the obvious deficiencies of the QB and enjoy the dam win.  We all freaking know we need to be better at the position.  

I hear ya.  I open the BN Sunday sports section and the lead article is about why TT is not the answer.  Gee wow I've never known that...............after the previous 100 articles about the same thing.  Its lazy reporting

And BTW I yell out to the wife, "I thought I said we should dump the paper?"

4 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

defense played a big factor in that game. the offense is way too conservative and going up against the patriots** next week one td is not going to get it done. I wont put all the blame on taylor but this rico character needs to go. one thought I had was I do wish taylor was the type of QB that changes the play at the line but maybe rico has informed him he can't do that or he just isn't capable of doing so?

I watched tyrod call two audibles yesterday.

He is who he is.  That was a typical Taylor performance.  That paired with good defense is a winning propitiation more often than not.  This week that will not result in a win.  A good defensive effort is keeping the Pats under 30.  The offensive is going to have be aggressive.   Play action heavy on first down.  Taylor will need to play to best of his abilities.