SI.com: The Baffling Breakup between Tyrod Taylor and the Bills

YoloinOhio

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

There isn't even a Kyle Orton quality option available.

This is the biggest problem with Tyrod haters........you have NO PERSPECTIVE........and NO SOLUTIONS.

You want to draft a QB of the future?   Me too. 

So do 20-25 other teams.

You want Kirk Cousins?   Virtually no chance he'd come here short of a $200M contract and probably not even then because someone with a better OL and better weapons will offer him the same.

You want Josh Rosen?  He and Darnold are probably waiting to see if Cleveland gets the top pick before they declare so they aren't going to be too pleased if Buffalo trades up with SF to get them.:lol:

Here is the reality most of us have given solution after solution but ooo no that cant happen stick with AVG we are happy with AVG

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Pretty much.

We will see what happens when it comes time to decide whether to pick up Taylor's $6M option.

It's easy to say we gotta' get better and not have a realistic solution in November or December.

They did that last December when they all but closed the door on Taylor benching him prior to the finale.

But like last year, when you actually get close to free agent signing period.........and realize your draft picks won't get you the 1 or 2 very top prospects..........and see the paltry options that teams will have to help their QB positions in FA or trade options........see that some of the biggest bum QB's in the league were drafted early.......and that sure things like Andrew Luck and Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariotta have been bad........then you gotta' make a decision on whether you want to give away a solid starter or think about picking up that tiny option and fixing your defense and adding a playmaker or two.:lol:

Well, they will either have to move on from Dennison or from Taylor because Dennison is proving he doesn't know how to call/design an offense with Tyrod at quarterback.

Does anyone think they would rather move on from Dennison than Tyrod?   Whether or not it is the right call, they will move on from Taylor and sink or swim with a different quarterback - likely a drafted one.

Roman/Lynn already provided the blueprint for a running attack with a QB like Taylor and two decent running backs.    If the offensive line was upgraded in pass protection enough and with minor tweaks to the passing game, this could have been a very dominant offense.   They aren't going there though and everyone knows it.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There isn't even a Kyle Orton quality option available.

This is the biggest problem with Tyrod haters........you have NO PERSPECTIVE........and NO SOLUTIONS.

You want to draft a QB of the future?   Me too. 

So do 20-25 other teams.

You want Kirk Cousins?   Virtually no chance he'd come here short of a $200M contract and probably not even then because someone with a better OL and better weapons will offer him the same.

You want Josh Rosen?  He and Darnold are probably waiting to see if Cleveland gets the top pick before they declare so they aren't going to be too pleased if Buffalo trades up with SF to get them.:lol:

My comment on Orton was in regards to the OP saying Tyrod is the best QB we have had in 17 years.  I disagree.

So next year we start with a new QB and a new OLine, and people expect things to go smoothly?

Sounds like growing pains could start the Bills off in a hole, and who knows if the new talent will gel enough to dig them out of it.

I think the idea of keeping TT around as a known quantity who isn't terrible is still a possibility, and if it costs $6M, that isn't all that bad.

I also think TT's ability to scramble will still be valuable as the new OLine starts to work together.

Half the people want to put a rookie in immediately, and half the people want him to be eased in slowly.  Which is it?

Or do you give away a whole bunch of draft picks and go after Cousins or some other known quantity who is perceived to be better than TT?

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So what gets you wins?

ooo got it your an old school 1970s and a cloud of dust guy because you know Buffalo is blue collar

Thats how they are callinf the game. They dont trust him to close the game out. 

Do with Shady and the Defense. 

It is DJ 2.0

What is old-school about defense and running the ball?  2016 Broncos.  All the Seahawk teams.  You are making yourself look silly now.  

Just now, Dadonkadonk said:

What is old-school about defense and running the ball?  2016 Broncos.  All the Seahawk teams.  You are making yourself look silly now.  

Yep got it i was right.  So how many SB do Seahags got?

and The 2016 Broncos won what?

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So 1 out if how many?

Don’t know I didn’t do the research. All that I know is that Tyrod has won .538% of the games that he has started. In that same time period other Bills QBs have won 0%. This team isn’t very talented (they were better prior). He plays a winning brand of football.

26 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Nothing wrong with trying to improve while understanding our current QB has us at 6-5

Oh I understand...it just means nothing to me because it feels like we’ve had this record the last 5 years, and also because I know it hurts our chances at getting a better QB...

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Don’t know I didn’t do the research. All that I know is that Tyrod has won .538% of the games that he has started. In that same time period other Bills QBs have won 0%. This team isn’t very talented (they were better prior). He plays a winning brand of football.

So if he comes back next year will the excuses for him end then?  Just checking when itnis ok to be critical of him

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Move on from Dennison, keep Taylor and draft a QB in the first.

Sold me.

Maybe it happens.    Doubt it.

Unless the offense gets a lot lot worse over the remainder of the season.   Like hugely embarassingly worse.

6 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

I’d take Orton over Tyrod

I wouldn't, but I do wish they had overlapped on the roster. There have been times where I've been frustrated and quit on Tyrod, but the alternative has never been better. I didn't think anyone could QB a Bills game worse than Eli's 3 pick meltdown in London (i was there) until Nate Peterman broke several records with 5 picks against the Chargers (also there; i've seen a lot of Bills and Sabres games and very few have been wins -- which makes sense because statistically you're more likely to see them lose; wins are at a high premium). 

I think that Tyrod has shown a lot of development & improvement in his 3 years with the Bills despite terrible situations on behalf of the club with coaches and personnel. If Kyle Orton was the back-up, I wouldn't have been as upset benching Tyrod for the Chargers game. Honestly, even if he went out and threw 5 picks (unlikely), it would have still been more defensible because Orton was pretty damn good in the first half of his 2014 season. Marrone and Hackett made him look like Blake Bortles by week 8, but you didn't have a better alternative because EJ was terrible.

Tyrod & Orton, man. That woulda been a duo. Orton was a character, the chewing tobacco on the sideline, his cigars and 70s suits, the way he left. Compared to Tyrod who's like a shy reserved character. 

Here ya go: keep Tyrod on his option, if he has a great year then you can franchise him. Bring back Fitz as a viable number two; if Tyrod is the reason there are so few chances taken in late game situations, then sub in a gunslinger dude who can be your "closer." Fitz will probably throw a pick because, that's what you get from gunslingers -- Nate Peterman was described that way by one of the players before the LAC game, maybe Micah Hyde? 

Then I would draft another rookie, and the third spot is the rookie vs Peterman. Or if Fitz or Tyrod fall off a cliff in camp, then you trade or cut them. 

Draft a RB high. Keep most of your picks or trade down. Draft OL, QB, DL, LB, WR... not necessarily in that order but those are the holes.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So if he comes back next year will the excuses for him end then?  Just checking when itnis ok to be critical of him

Not sure what you are talking about? I’m on board with drafting a guy. When people pretend that Tyrod isn’t (by miles) the best QB of the drought I challenge them. If we don’t think that he is good enough that is fine. When someone pretends that he is “just like” Bledsoe or Losman or EJ it needs to be defended. It’s not the case. He’s a pretty good NFL starter. There is no reason to pretend anything else.

He has 63 TDS and 20 turnovers. He’s won .538% of his games with a bad team. We don’t need to think that he is the answer but he deserves a lot more respect and appreciation than he gets from the fan base.

23 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

I’d take Orton over Tyrod

See my point...

• Like (+1) 3