Ty Law Visited On Saturday

PTS

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

TD has gambled on injured players coming back before.  Some have worked out (WM) and some have not (Marcus Jones, Jason Gildon).  But I like and applaud his willingness to try.

I just had a thought.  I haven't heard of Law making any visits.  Maybe he and his agent don't want to publicize anything b/c of what the doctors MAY find when they check him out.  It would significantly hurt his market value.

265781[/snapback]

He needs to put his poker chips away......make sound, coherent decisions now......ie build the left side of the offensive line......just say no to Ty......realize you have one of the top young cornerbacks in the league in Clements and make it a priority to re-sign him.

Not to cast aspersions on the poster or his source, but I wonder why the Bills would entertain such a high profile FA and not report the visit?

Also how do the local news stations, all of whom employ "spotters" at the Buffalo Airport, miss seeing Ty's arrival?

I have one possible solution - he wasn't here.

The addition of Law WOULD help the Bills. The secondary would be almost unbeatable and that would mask some of the problems we have with rushing the passer with our front four.

If TD can do two things FIRST I would encourage him to go for Law.

1. Sign Demulling

2. Trade for Shelton

If those two things happen and we can get Ty Law in here too, it would be a GREAT offseason once again. If he doesn't do the first two though, I won't be as happy if we got Law.

Not to cast aspersions on the poster or his source, but I wonder why the Bills would entertain such a high profile FA and not report the visit?

Also how do the local news stations, all of whom employ "spotters" at the Buffalo Airport, miss seeing Ty's arrival?

I have one possible solution - he wasn't here.

265846[/snapback]

He was there this Saturday and I posed the same question you did in follow-ups. There are some good reasons why this wouldn't be released ... read the whole thread for those possible reasons.

I also found out today that Sirius Radio reported last week he was coming to Buffalo on Saturday. Nevertheless, my source saw him there.

He was there and I posed the same question in follow-ups. There are some good reasons why this wouldn't be released ... read the whole thread for those possible reasons.

I also found out today that Sirius Radio reported last week he was coming to Buffalo on Saturday. Nevertheless, my source saw him there.

265876[/snapback]

Tough to miss a guy in a wheelchair.

"Ty Law visited with the Bills on Saturday. Apparently TD & him are trying to get something done."

TD works on Saturday's....that's freakin hard to believe given his activities last Wednesday...

"Ty Law visited with the Bills on Saturday. Apparently TD & him are trying to get something done."

TD works on Saturday's....that's freakin hard to believe given his activities last Wednesday...

265966[/snapback]

Maybe his cell service finally got turned on.

It could very well be that because Law is in a wheelchair, and after he makes his rounds realizes that no one is going to break the bank for him until he proves he is back to 100%, that he feels his best bet is to sign a one year contract and prove himself and then do this FA thing next year. The best place, perhaps, for him to do this, would be to re-unite with his buddy Lawyer, stick it to the Pats, join the Bills veteran defense and secondary which will very likely be at the top of the league again, and work his way back to the top of his game. It would help the Bills in the short run. Put Mcgee back at nickle back which will be a short step back but be able to be on the field and learn from one of the best. Not kill our salary cap with a huge bonus. And then, if we can't resign Nate, have a leg up on teams trying to sign Law in 2006.

TD has gambled on injured players coming back before.  Some have worked out (WM) and some have not (Marcus Jones, Jason Gildon).  But I like and applaud his willingness to try.

I just had a thought.  I haven't heard of Law making any visits.  Maybe he and his agent don't want to publicize anything b/c of what the doctors MAY find when they check him out.  It would significantly hurt his market value.

265781[/snapback]

If you recall, the past few seasons, the Bills posted parting interviews with players after they visited, whether they signed them or not. I know they posted an interview with DeMulling today (sp?), but did anyone hear about them dealing with Holcomb, before he signed? My guess is, they keep some of this stuff on the low, because they don't want other teams stepping in and muddying up their dealings....remember what happened last year when the Jets thought they had Winnfield signed? My guess is that TD is interested in Law, at the right price, and with some insurances that his injury is not carreer threatening...for the right price, Law could be a steal!

At the end of the day, when you try to figure out the "should they or shouldn't they" answer as to whether Law is a fit for the organization, you would have to figure TD and company would take the standard opportunistic response of "At least give me a chance to say 'no.' "

There's never any harm done in sniffing around.