Anyone watching USF @ UCF?

PromoTheRobot

People hated UCF Athletic Driector Danny White when he was at UB but the guy gets the job done. He hired Bobby Hurley (and then promoted Nate Oats)and UB won the MAC back-to-back. The women's team, under White hire Felisha Legette-Jack, won the MAC for the first time, and he also replaced Jeff Quinn with Lance Leipold. UCF football was 0-12 when he got there and look at them now.

I though his New York rebranding of the school was a good idea too, despite the negative reaction by many in WNY.  HE wanted to make UB the state athletic flagship, like Penn State or UCONN, but go figure, local people find that insulting.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

People hated UCF Athletic Driector Danny White when he was at UB but the guy gets the job done. He hired Bobby Hurley (and then promoted Nate Oats)and UB won the MAC back-to-back. The women's team, under White hire Felisha Legette-Jack, won the MAC for the first time, and he also replaced Jeff Quinn with Lance Leipold. UCF football was 0-12 when he got there and look at them now.

I though his New York rebranding of the school was a good idea too, despite the negative reaction by many in WNY.  HE wanted to make UB the state athletic flagship, like Penn State or UCONN, but go figure, local people find that insulting.

I don't think he was bad but he went the wrong route with the whole branding thing

UB has been branding itself as the state university of NY for a while. Which I'm cool with

what I didn't like is how he played up New York so much.  It was on the jerseys. Bigger than buffalo and recruits thought they were coming to NYC

they had no idea Buffalo was WNY when signing there LOI

he wanted people to think NYC

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't think he was bad but he went the wrong route with the whole branding thing

UB has been branding itself as the state university of NY for a while. Which I'm cool with

what I didn't like is how he played up New York so much.  It was on the jerseys. Bigger than buffalo and recruits thought they were coming to NYC

they had no idea Buffalo was WNY when signing there LOI

he wanted people to think NYC

No, I don't think he wanted people to think it was New York City. He wanted people in New York City, Rochester,  Watertown, Binghamton, etc to root for their state school. He wanted downstate alums to have some pride, and a desire to write checks.

Buffalo and WNY never embraced UB sports in any meaningful way, which makes the outrage over #NYBI all the more laughable. And most of that outrage was ginned up by Bob DiCecare and Bucky Gleason at the Buffalo News anyway. They love butthurt.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No, I don't think he wanted people to think it was New York City. He wanted people in New York City, Rochester,  Watertown, Binghamton, etc to root for their state school. He wanted downstate alums to have some pride, and a desire to write checks.

Buffalo and WNY never embraced UB sports in any meaningful way, which makes the outrage over #NYBI all the more laughable. And most of that outrage was ginned up by Bob DiCecare and Bucky Gleason at the Buffalo News anyway. They love butthurt.

I agree that he tried building UB pride all over the state. For alums and etc... 100%

but A lot of UB recruits are out of state and I know for a fact that some had no idea UB was in WNY.  They thought it was atleast near NYC because the jerseys said New York lol

either or its not bad for UB because look at its football and basketball programs now

great shape

11 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Bring him back!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.