Travis Henry: Trade Talks With Cards Cooled

RVJ

Update: Trade talks involving Henry for Arizona tackle L.J. Shelton seem to have cooled, according to The Sports Xchange.

Recommendation: Arizona coach Dennis Green is looking for a feature back, but the word is he's not completely enamored with Henry. The trade isn't dead yet and the Bills could also make a run at tackle Anthony Clement, another guy possibly on the way out, but nothing will happen if Green decides he wants to use the team's No. 1 draft pick on one of the stud running backs coming out of college

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=roto...owire&type=lgns

Update: Trade talks involving Henry for Arizona tackle L.J. Shelton seem to have cooled, according to The Sports Xchange.

Recommendation: Arizona coach Dennis Green is looking for a feature back, but the word is he's not completely enamored with Henry. The trade isn't dead yet and the Bills could also make a run at tackle Anthony Clement, another guy possibly on the way out, but nothing will happen if Green decides he wants to use the team's No. 1 draft pick on one of the stud running backs coming out of college

265169[/snapback]

Clements while he played Tackle, after Shelton got hurt is really just a fairly quick guard. He is very good inside, but has poor hands and let's defenders get into his body. This is fine as he is strong and will get under them at the guard spot, but at Tackle it's not good and limits his movement from one side or another and prevents him sliding, if he needs to.

265169[/snapback]

Denney is trying to play hardball with a guy thats not really worth much. The Cards have announced the starting O-line and Sheltons name is not included. Fact of the matter is they still need a starting RB and we still need a starting LT. The media might say it has cooled but I seriously doubt that at all.No one has offered as much as we have for Shelton and they wont. TD will get this one done--give it time.

Denney is trying to play hardball with a guy thats not really worth much. The Cards have announced the starting O-line and Sheltons name is not included. Fact of the matter is they still need a starting RB and we still need a starting LT. The media might say it has cooled but I seriously doubt that at all.No one has offered as much as we have for Shelton and they wont. TD will get this one done--give it time.

Hoipefully idiot Green will cut Shelton, the Bills will work out a deal with him, and save Travis to be a backup or trade later-on if someone needs a RB.

If Shelton is so good, why are the Cardinals out of all teams cutting him loose? doesn't this wave a flag?

265327[/snapback]

pete kendall is good and they got rid of him too.......it's just denny green's way of sending a message to his squad......

Travis is a pedophile worthless piece of crap with the Wonderlic score of a mop, and we should do anything to get rid of him. I'm getting very impatient, so we should throw in two picks AND Henry so it shows we're doing something. But enough already. Time to sh-- or get off the pot.

[/sarcasm off]

The Cards need Henry more than we need Shelton. If the deal doesn't make sense, then Henry gets a year to finish up his contract and show people why they should be signing him. If Lamont Jordan can get stupid money, so can Henry...if the timing is right.

The Cards need Henry more than we need Shelton.

265330[/snapback]

why? what makes ronnie brown, cadillac williams, and cedric benson such bad options?

i think we can all agree at least one of those 3 will be there at #8......i would certainly take any of them over travis......

travis is an option for the cards as well......if they get him they can obviously use that #8 on some much needed defense........but if they don't get him it's not the end of the world.......any 3 of those backs would be very popular choices in ARZ......

why? what makes ronnie brown, cadillac williams, and cedric benson such bad options?

i think we can all agree at least one of those 3 will be there at #8......i would certainly take any of them over travis......

travis is an option for the cards as well......if they get him they can obviously use that #8 on some much needed defense........but if they don't get him it's not the end of the world.......any 3 of those backs would be very popular choices in ARZ......

265346[/snapback]

Theres a possibility the Vikings might jump ahead of the Cards.

The Vikings admit they will fib if necessary to conceal their plans for the NFL draft, which still is nearly seven weeks away. But already there is speculation they might trade up to choose a running back they can rely on. Team officials say it's not inconceivable.

That probably would require that the Vikings combine their Nos. 7 and 18 overall selections to move up to No. 2 or No. 3. The Miami Dolphins own the No. 2 pick, the Cleveland Browns No. 3. Expected to be available at No. 2 is running back Cedric Benson of Texas. Auburn running backs Carnell Williams and Ronnie Brown are expected to be available within the top eight picks. Dennis Green's Arizona Cardinals hold the No. 8 pick.

why?

travis is an option for the cards as well......if they get him they can obviously use that #8 on some much needed defense........

265346[/snapback]

That's exactly why.

IMHO, they'd do better to give Warner an experienced back versus someone who will take time to develop into the speed of the NFL. I have nothing but my own opinion to back this up, but I've always been under the impression a rookie defensive player has a better chance of making an impact his first year in NFL over a rookie RB.

Travis is a pedophile worthless piece of crap with the Wonderlic score of a mop, and we should do anything to get rid of him. I'm getting very impatient, so we should throw in two picks AND Henry so it shows we're doing something. But enough already. Time to sh-- or get off the pot.

[/sarcasm off]

The Cards need Henry more than we need Shelton. If the deal doesn't make sense, then Henry gets a year to finish up his contract and show people why they should be signing him. If Lamont Jordan can get stupid money, so can Henry...if the timing is right.

265330[/snapback]

It would be nice to get this situation settled and move on.....

What does everyone think of Victor Riley?....I think he might be a good fit