Broncos Fire McCoy

BigBuff423

35 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

hire him by lunch today

Your #1 choice and he would take the gig I'm sure... he's not going to be a HC next year

Originally posted on Larry Brown Sports
By Steve DelVecchio  |  Last updated 11/19/17

The Denver Broncos have had one of the worst offenses in the NFL for the better part of two years, and mediocre quarterback play is almost always cited as the reason. But within the organization, the concerns apparently go well beyond that.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reported on Sunday that there is “growing frustration” with the Broncos’ offensive scheme among players and others with the organization. The frustration reportedly stems from a belief that the offensive playbook is too complicated and features more plays than it did when Peyton Manning — a future Hall of Famer — was Denver’s quarterback. Here’s more:

Mostly, the dissatisfaction comes from the offensive playbook being unwieldy. Elway has always believed in execution over everything — simple and fast — rather than focusing on trying to out-scheme the opponent. The belief is the offense has contained too much this year. At times, the playbook has featured more plays than even when Peyton Manning was under center in Denver, except this version of the Broncos has inexperienced QBs.

Fewer plays could equal better performance.

• Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

This guy just got fired for his second time in 10 months. Tap the breaks.

Yeah, but Vance Joseph just fired the guy who was most likely to replace him when the time comes.    That's how you make it harder to fire you.

I don't really want McCoy.  I'm not sure it's a big upgrade.  Basically he got a HC job through his lightening in a bottle year with Tebow.  I think we all recognise now that was a fluke.  He is not a great OC and his offense really is not very much more inventive or creative than Dennison's.  If Rico was the reason they made the QB change when they did then he has to go at the season's end..... but not for Mike McCoy.  There are guys out there I would much rather give a first shot as an OC to.  The QB coach in Houston is one.  He was very involved in the construction of the offense that allowed Watson to shine and the incorporation of some of his Clemson college concepts.  That seems like the kind of guy I want working with my rookie QB..... not Mike McCoy, Rick Dennison or a Dirk Koetter for example.  

2 hours ago, fridge said:

Yeah, I mean he was just fired so he's probably great.

Even less to work with at the QB position than we have with Tyrod. Offensive line banged up all year. 

He's a good offensive mind, but like any coordinator needs some talent to work with. Honestly I would bring him in right now as an "Offensive Consultant". Get him under contract. Let Dennison go after the season and promote McCoy.

Any good OC is thinking HC job, especially with so many coaches likely to be fired.

Jackson might be a good shot unless Marvin Lewis somehow survives again in Cincy. I think he would go back there and be successful again as Dalton's OC

He is a GREAT OC and they had a lot of success and both sides have tanked since he went to CLE

Edited by TheFunPolice

52 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

McCoy should of choose us when he had a chance. Both spots don't look good right now.

I'd bring him in not much to lose at this point.... See if he can come back succesful. With Dennison we know will be like crap.

His family wanted to move back to Denver. I’m assuming he has a few years in his contract so he’s going to  go pick and choose a destination to go be a QB coach next year or year after. Unless they significantly overpay I do not see him coming to Buffalo. I don’t say that about everyone but i will say it about him. 

3 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

The first ax has fallen....Denver fires Mike McCoy

Despite the firing, I'd rather have McCoy at this point than Dennison.

Didn't he develop the offense for Tebow and Peyton?

Broncos don't have any QBs, of course we don't either so not sure he would want to come here.

We should have hired Frank Reich as OC, he has a creative offense and lots of line pulling, something we were good at.

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Didn't he develop the offense for Tebow and Peyton?

Broncos don't have any QBs, of course we don't either so not sure he would want to come here.

We should have hired Frank Reich as OC, he has a creative offense and lots of line pulling, something we were good at.

Frank Reich thing may happen....as HC if McD doesn't get his head out of his posterior....things will need to change by end of year 2 or he will find himself on the scorching hot seat. 

1 minute ago, BigBuff423 said:

Frank Reich thing may happen....as HC if McD doesn't get his head out of his posterior....things will need to change by end of year 2 or he will find himself on the scorching hot seat. 

McDermott is not going anywhere. Pegula really believes in Sean and changed the whole organization around his philosophy.

My issues with Dennison is that he isnt playing to player strengths.  He has never called an offense before this this.  His play calling leaves alot to be desired.  The offense is barely functioning and it is week 11.  Teams know who and what they are.  This team and offense still has no Idea.  That falls at the feet of the person in charge of the unit.  

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

McDermott is not going anywhere. Pegula really believes in Sean and changed the whole organization around his philosophy.

And I'm willing to wait on "The Process" as long I also see "the progress"....if they get their QB, I'm all in on "The Process" for at least 2 years after that point....if they fail to get their guy in 2018, then I think the seat starts slowly warming up, merely because by an act of omission you've stated you think the QB position doesn't need to be addressed immediately or that you can win without the franchise caliber QB....nonsense in my opinion, but that's the wagon you've hitched yourself to if you fail to get the ONE position absolutely paramount to success in the NFL.