Go for broke 2018 draft

Tatonka68

46 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

We have to make bold moves in the draft. That is exactly what both the Rams and Eagles did in trading up to get Goff and Wentz 1,2. Until we find that franchise QB nothing else will matter. But do we trust McBeane and McDermott to develop the QB prospect? That's a serious question mark at this point and why I would not shy away from the conversation of moving on from this duo before you get in it too deep with them.

Man I have been as critical as anyone over all the puzzling moves....but you must give them time to implement their vision now since they have dumped so many players already. 

57 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

This is reason #1 and the only reason we need to fire McDermott at the end of the year. Just ask yourself, with what we have scene from this guy and his staff, do you trust them to evaluate and groom a franchise QB? It is an easy decision once you answer that question honestly. We need to go the route of the Eagles and Rams and higher a youthful offensive mind as our HC. Bring in a veteran DC to run the defense.

Rosen

Darnold

Mayfield

Jackson

In that order. 49ers are going to have a top three pick and will likely be looking to deal. Even if Darnold goes back to school we have enough ammo to get one of those guys.

Not if the Browns want one- they have way more ammo...

23 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Bills trade both 1st round picks, the second round pick from the Rams received for Watkins trade,  the 5th round pick from the Dareus trade and 2019 pick received by Ragland trade to San Francisco 49ers for the second pick in the draft and select Mason Rudolph QB.  The next Jim Kelly.

Tyrod is GARBAGE, hand me down from Ravens. 

That is way too much to give up in order to move that high in the draft.

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Browns will likely hold the first pick. Are you saying they will draft two QBs in the top five? If the Browns land the first pick and the 49ers land the second or third pick I don't see an issue in trading up.

If this is the case I see Darnold staying in school, Rosen going #1 to the Browns, and Rudolph going #2 overall to the Bills via trade with SF...I guess I would be ok with that as long as we don’t get raped...but I’m not totally sold on Rudolph.

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

If this is the case I see Darnold staying in school, Rosen going #1 to the Browns, and Rudolph going #2 overall to the Bills via trade with SF...I guess I would be ok with that as long as we don’t get raped...but I’m not totally sold on Rudolph.

Who are you sold on?

Hey, my very first post. Glad to be here. Been reading all your posts for the last couple years. Thanks for all the laughs and insights.

I feel very strongly about next year's draft so wanted to jump in. To me, it is, and always has been about the OL. The Bills have just patched up the line for the last 18 years, always with 1, 2, 3 weak links. It's time to get some real monsters we can rely on for 10 years. I don't care who you have at QB... without a line it, it falls apart. With a line, you can do so many more things. I would use the first two picks (or at least 2 or the first 3) on the best OTs in the draft. If the "value equation" calculator says we're reaching 9 spots down or whatever, who cares. So we get two bonafide day 1 starters at both OT, then move Dawkins/Glenn to OG (they've both played there before). Wood and Richie stay. And we'd also have Groy waiting in the wings. One of the top-3 picks on a QB. Then DT, LB, another DT, another LB, RB, CB. I think we're actually OK at TE and WR now, and the DBs look pretty good.

So our 10 picks would be:

1) OT (or QB)

2) OT (or QB)

3) OT (if QB 1 or 2)

4) DT

5) LB

6) DT

7) LB

8) RB

9) CB

10) Flyer...

2 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Just take somebody. trade up and take a guy or take two players stay with your picks and take Luke Falk in round 1 and Mayfield in round 2, just do something. Cannot stand watching this crap anymore. 

I have a funny feeling Falk will be around in the 4th round...benched twice, weak competition, gimmick offense, average arm...don’t be surprised 

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I have a funny feeling Falk will be around in the 4th round...benched twice, weak competition, gimmick offense, average arm...don’t be surprised 

Dont care who it is as long he can get be an ALL Pro for a decade. LOL Enough of looking through the garbage for a QB, we have the picks to get OUR guy. 

5 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Dont care who it is as long he can get be an ALL Pro for a decade. LOL Enough of looking through the garbage for a QB, we have the picks to get OUR guy. 

agreed ....but I’d rather trade up for Rosen or Rudolph 

Edited by JaCrispy

2 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Even if we land one of the top QBs in next year’s upcoming draft. What makes you so sure we have the right personnel to develop the young man? 

We absolutely don't as of right now. But the Rams were in the exact same boat last year. New coach, new veteran LT, and a couple additional weapons on offense completely changed everything in year two.