Go for broke 2018 draft

Tatonka68

Enough of hand me down QB's from other teams and lower draft pick QB's, lets be bold and real here. Number 12 was the ONLY franchise QB the Bills have EVER had. I don't care if the Bills have to trade ALL their 2017 draft to move up. Go get a damn franchise QB that the Bills mafia can ALL believe in. Enough of this crap already. 

Jim Kelly.jpg

Edited by Tatonka68
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Franchise QBs are developed, not drafted. 

The most important question - do we have the right coaching staff, personnel and a dash of patience for bringing up a young QB? 

This is reason #1 and the only reason we need to fire McDermott at the end of the year. Just ask yourself, with what we have scene from this guy and his staff, do you trust them to evaluate and groom a franchise QB? It is an easy decision once you answer that question honestly. We need to go the route of the Eagles and Rams and higher a youthful offensive mind as our HC. Bring in a veteran DC to run the defense.

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

And who might that QB be?

Rosen

Darnold

Mayfield

Jackson

In that order. 49ers are going to have a top three pick and will likely be looking to deal. Even if Darnold goes back to school we have enough ammo to get one of those guys.

I completely understand your frustration, I'm there too (and no doubt basically every other Bills fan) and I agree....IF and that's a huge IF, there's a QB of such talent as determined by the FO to be that talent. 

Presuming there is that QB there, ala Wentz or Goff of most recent drafts, then yes, by all means sell the farm, but go get your bull. Also, they will have FA money to spend to help in the other areas, not to mention the money they'll save by cutting / trading other players who are high Cap guys. 

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

This is reason #1 and the only reason we need to fire McDermott at the end of the year. Just ask yourself, with what we have scene from this guy and his staff, do you trust them to evaluate and groom a franchise QB? It is an easy decision once you answer that question honestly. We need to go the route of the Eagles and Rams and higher a youthful offensive mind as our HC. Bring in a veteran DC to run the defense.

Rosen

Darnold

Mayfield

Jackson

In that order. 49ers are going to have a top three pick and will likely be looking to deal. Even if Darnold goes back to school we have enough ammo to get one of those guys.

Don't leave out Finley...I think he has a chance to be real good in the NFL. I'd take him over maybe Mayfield, and possibly Jackson just because of how Finley's game translates to the NFL. Rosen is the chosen one....Darnold, has issues and any NFL team will need to be patient enough to let him learn through two years of mistakes and trial by error....

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Rosen

Darnold

Mayfield

Jackson

From what I hear, it makes sense for Darnold to stay at USC, but can we really afford to trade all/many of those high picks for a QB, we have so many needs on this team. Those picks are crucial to the team. We are not going to be able to sign high end FA's til we accomplish something first. We can't trade our picks.

50 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Franchise QBs are developed, not drafted. 

The most important question - do we have the right coaching staff, personnel and a dash of patience for bringing up a young QB? 

No we do not. Not currently at least. Need to revamp the entire Offensive staff before we hit the draft.

5 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Rosen

Darnold

Allen

Rudolph

Mayfield

Jackson

There's at least 5, maybe 4 if Darnold doesnt come out.

If we end up with a Top 10 pick, and given the amount of ammo we have, we should be able to land a decent QB early in the draft. AND still retain a handful of picks to fill other holes with.

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

From what I hear, it makes sense for Darnold to stay at USC, but can we really afford to trade all/many of those high picks for a QB, we have so many needs on this team. Those picks are crucial to the team. We are not going to be able to sign high end FA's til we accomplish something first. We can't trade our picks.

We have to make bold moves in the draft. That is exactly what both the Rams and Eagles did in trading up to get Goff and Wentz 1,2. Until we find that franchise QB nothing else will matter. But do we trust McBeane and McDermott to develop the QB prospect? That's a serious question mark at this point and why I would not shy away from the conversation of moving on from this duo before you get in it too deep with them.

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

We have to make bold moves in the draft. That is exactly what both the Rams and Eagles did in trading up to get Goff and Wentz 1,2. Until we find that franchise QB nothing else will matter. But do we trust McBeane and McDermott to develop the QB prospect? That's a serious question mark at this point and why I would not shy away from the conversation of moving on from this duo before you get in it too deep with them.

Remember, Dennison was McD's 3rd or 4th choice for OC. He, along with the entire O staff, need to be replaced. And replaced with a QB/Passing minded coach. I saw McCoy just became available...

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

No we do not. Not currently at least. Need to revamp the entire Offensive staff before we hit the draft.

There's at least 5, maybe 4 if Darnold doesnt come out.

If we end up with a Top 10 pick, and given the amount of ammo we have, we should be able to land a decent QB early in the draft. AND still retain a handful of picks to fill other holes with.

Allen scares the heck out of me. But yes, Jackson is no guarantee either. But I agree with your overall point of their being 4 or maybe 5 legit prospects. I think by the time the combine and real evaluations start, we will see that.

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Allen scares the heck out of me. But yes, Jackson is no guarantee either. But I agree with your overall point of their being 4 or maybe 5 legit prospects. I think by the time the combine and real evaluations start, we will see that.

Right on. Even if that list gets down to 3, that's still a lot, and should give us a chance at getting one.

17 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

This is reason #1 and the only reason we need to fire McDermott at the end of the year. Just ask yourself, with what we have scene from this guy and his staff, do you trust them to evaluate and groom a franchise QB? It is an easy decision once you answer that question honestly. We need to go the route of the Eagles and Rams and higher a youthful offensive mind as our HC. Bring in a veteran DC to run the defense..

Here's what we've seen: 

1) Business as usual from Tyrod and 2) the Nathan Peterman disaster in San Diego. 

I don't think McD needs to be fired, but I do have concerns about Dennison's scheme and how effective it is in 2017. They really haven't had elite QB play in their system in over a decade. Will the scheme change in 2018 for a new QB? Doubtful. If Dennison sticks around, they will draft a QB that fits into the Kubiak system. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

I understand that sentiment. Living on a dream. I just did that on Sunday. Now my opinion is that we should build around Tyrod and Shady with every last pick. I know that's not a popular view most likely but I do have reasons in my mind as to why. 

Edited by Lfod

I'm not quite to the point where I'm climbing on the "Fire McDermott" bandwagon. But. if I do get on board, part of the reason will be that I am not so sure that I trust McD with all those draft picks, or have much faith in his ability to evaluate talent.

Edited by Rocky Landing

12 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

They didn't just go all in on drafting them they then set them up for success.  Both teams invested heavily in receivers and o-line.  Just this off season the Rams brought in Kupp, Woods, and Watkins as well as whitworth.  The Eagles brought in Ajayi, Alshon Jefferey, etc...  They set their young guys up for success.  The Bills are not currently set up for a qb to be succesful especially if Dennison stays.  Draft one early and then get him some help!

Bills trade both 1st round picks, the second round pick from the Rams received for Watkins trade,  the 5th round pick from the Dareus trade and 2019 pick received by Ragland trade to San Francisco 49ers for the second pick in the draft and select Mason Rudolph QB.  The next Jim Kelly.

18 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I understand that sentiment. Living on a dream. I just did that on Sunday. Now my opinion is that we should build around Tyrod and Shady with every last pick. I know that's not a popular view most likely but I do have reasons in my mind as to why. 

Tyrod is GARBAGE, hand me down from Ravens.