RIH Charles Manson

Just Jack

6 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Cops should have shot him back when they captured him. Nobody would have said a word. 

But... Their (cops) integrity would eventually enable positive change in our society even though a horrific and senseless murder took place.  You can't unring a bell.  You can move forward and make a sick world better though.

Look at glass half full, not half empty.

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

I always thought the Norwegian wood reference was to weed.

Maxwell's Silver Hammer (Abbey Rd) is pretty violent, but I really don't see a dark side to many of their songs - especially on the White Album.

Got To Get You Into My Life is all about weed.  Paul is a big time stoner.  Years ago a girl I knew had a college assignment to interpret Norwegian Wood and another Beatles song(I am trying to remember what other song)-  and she asked my interpretation.  I sang along all those years, and it wasn't until then I realized what a messed up song it was.

https://www.beatlesbible.com/songs/norwegian-wood-this-bird-has-flown/

I came in and he had this first stanza, which was brilliant: 'I once had a girl, or should I say, she once had me.' That was all he had, no title, no nothing. I said, 'Oh yes, well, ha, we're there.' And it wrote itself. Once you've got the great idea, they do tend to write themselves, providing you know how to write songs. So I picked it up at the second verse, it's a story. It's him trying to pull a bird, it was about an affair. John told Playboy that he hadn't the faintest idea where the title came from but I do. Peter Asher had his room done out in wood, a lot of people were decorating their places in wood. Norwegian wood. It was pine really, cheap pine. But it's not as good a title, Cheap Pine, baby...
So she makes him sleep in the bath and then finally in the last verse I had this idea to set the Norwegian wood on fire as revenge, so we did it very tongue in cheek. She led him on, then said, 'You'd better sleep in the bath'. In our world the guy had to have some sort of revenge. It could have meant I lit a fire to keep myself warm, and wasn't the decor of her house wonderful? But it didn't, it meant I burned the !@#$ing place down as an act of revenge, and then we left it there and went into the instrumental.

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

Done with the Bills talk

Us Bills fans would rather talk about Charles Manson then our Bills

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 2:05 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I listened to a Neil Young interview recently in which he talked about going to parties at Manson’s place.  Apparently, quite a few soon to be famous musicians/actors would attend.  Talked about his “harem” of zombie like women who were always around.  Crazy stuff.

As much as I love Neil Young, how does he even remember anything from the 60's?

7 hours ago, Pete said:

Got To Get You Into My Life is all about weed.  Paul is a big time stoner.  Years ago a girl I knew had a college assignment to interpret Norwegian Wood and another Beatles song(I am trying to remember what other song)-  and she asked my interpretation.  I sang along all those years, and it wasn't until then I realized what a messed up song it was.

https://www.beatlesbible.com/songs/norwegian-wood-this-bird-has-flown/

I came in and he had this first stanza, which was brilliant: 'I once had a girl, or should I say, she once had me.' That was all he had, no title, no nothing. I said, 'Oh yes, well, ha, we're there.' And it wrote itself. Once you've got the great idea, they do tend to write themselves, providing you know how to write songs. So I picked it up at the second verse, it's a story. It's him trying to pull a bird, it was about an affair. John told Playboy that he hadn't the faintest idea where the title came from but I do. Peter Asher had his room done out in wood, a lot of people were decorating their places in wood. Norwegian wood. It was pine really, cheap pine. But it's not as good a title, Cheap Pine, baby...
So she makes him sleep in the bath and then finally in the last verse I had this idea to set the Norwegian wood on fire as revenge, so we did it very tongue in cheek. She led him on, then said, 'You'd better sleep in the bath'. In our world the guy had to have some sort of revenge. It could have meant I lit a fire to keep myself warm, and wasn't the decor of her house wonderful? But it didn't, it meant I burned the !@#$ing place down as an act of revenge, and then we left it there and went into the instrumental.

Us Bills fans would rather talk about Charles Manson then our Bills

Wow!  I always thought when he said, "so .. I lit a fire .. isn't it good .. Norwegian wood," it was him just saying, "oh, well ... she split, so I guess that one didn't work out, so I'll just sit here and get high off of this awesome weed."

Thanks for sharing!

59 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Wow!  I always thought when he said, "so .. I lit a fire .. isn't it good .. Norwegian wood," it was him just saying, "oh, well ... she split, so I guess that one didn't work out, so I'll just sit here and get high off of this awesome weed."

Thanks for sharing!

You are welcome!  Dark ****, isn't it?

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yeah, man!  I knew Lennon had a dark/mean side to him, but this is brutal, LOL!

all kinds of brutal things have been written and sung since Homer and the Pentateuch. Trigger warnings on Rubber Soul would be interesting.

John probably had the darkest side of them all, I will hold to a pet theory that Paul was the least stable though (don't wager on it)