RIH Charles Manson

Just Jack

43 minutes ago, Taro T said:

A girl from my HS sent him a letter back around '80.  He wrote her back an 8 or so page long reply.  The 1st 5 pages were well written horse manure but about half way down page 6 he either started having an episode or a flashback or something.  The handwriting got really bad (like a kindergartener was writing it) and REALLY incoherent - like Charlie Kelly from It's Always Sunny ... incoherent.

Guy was a pure psychopath.  Hopefully this brings some peace to the families of his "family's" victims.

Geez....

Read Helter Skelter back in the day, and a few top reviews of the bio released on him a few years ago.  Can't get interested in going any further.

HS was the best back in grade 6 when it came out...

Charlie was a really fascinating individual and an extremely unique person who led a very unusual sort of life, until he ended up in jail forever.

Bat **** crazy of course and the source of much pain and suffering in the world...but what an interesting person.

I could listen to the guy talk for hours.  There are a lot of recordings with him during his incarceration where you can try to understand his mind a little.  Interesting combination of smart and insane.

A prison guard wrote memoirs about his time with Charlie (death row at San Quentin???) eventually enough was enough

Geraldo talking to him by video hookup and threatening to come to SQ and kick Charlie's ass was fun enough

The White Album rules for my pop tastes, and I just don't see how they can justify violence from it, unless you thought it was a total sellout and proof the Fab Four was finally out of any listenable ideas.

The Beatles were a dark band.  "Watch it burn, ain't it good norwegian wood" . "I used to beat my women" . 

"Well, I'd rather see you dead, little girl
Than to be with another man
You better keep your head, little girl
Or you won't know where I am

You better run for your life if you can, little girl
Hide your head in the sand, little girl
Catch you with another man
That's the end'a little girl

Well, you know that I'm a wicked guy
And I was born with a jealous mind
And I can't spend my whole life
Trying just to make you toe the line"

They might sound all lovey dovey when you hear them, but if you listen to the lyrics, they were dark

15 minutes ago, Pete said:

The Beatles were a dark band.  "Watch it burn, ain't it good norwegian wood" . "I used to beat my women" . 

"Well, I'd rather see you dead, little girl
Than to be with another man
You better keep your head, little girl
Or you won't know where I am

You better run for your life if you can, little girl
Hide your head in the sand, little girl
Catch you with another man
That's the end'a little girl

Well, you know that I'm a wicked guy
And I was born with a jealous mind
And I can't spend my whole life
Trying just to make you toe the line"

They might sound all lovey dovey when you hear them, but if you listen to the lyrics, they were dark

I always thought the Norwegian wood reference was to weed.

Maxwell's Silver Hammer (Abbey Rd) is pretty violent, but I really don't see a dark side to many of their songs - especially on the White Album.

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The only violence over Maxwell's SH was everyone else wanting to kill Macca for spending all that studio time for this song.

I love that song (and entire album).  It's the most violent song of theirs that I can think of.

1 minute ago, mead107 said:

Screw him. Should have put him through a wood chipper, feet first 

But alas .. .we're a civilized country and above that.

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I love that song (and entire album).  It's the most violent song of theirs that I can think of.

Not a big fan of Abbey Road, but I understand if fans love it.

It wasn't included in the mono LP and singles box-set, and I don't miss it at all.

Just now, row_33 said:

Not a big fan of Abbey Road, but I understand if fans love it.

It wasn't included in the mono LP and singles box-set, and I don't miss it at all.

I thought you quit, mother !@#$er!  :lol: