So what went wrong today?

Steptide

11 minutes ago, Bills Fan of Maryland said:

We are not as good as our record would have us believe.  Reality sets in, we really are a five win team. 

yes it certainly looks that way.....

What went wrong is the Bills took the field.

Actually, things started ok. McCoy had a couple runs and Peterman completed a couple passes to our guys.

Then things went downhill fast and it was Peterman's fault. If he hadn't thrown that ball to Benjamin, he wouldn't have injured his knee. Tyrod wouldn't have attempted that throw and Benjamin lives to play decoy in more games this year.

The following play I believe, Dimarco had an easy one bounce off his hands, would've hit him in the face if it didn't hit his hands, and was returned for a TD. Game over.

In the Jets game and this one it really looked like both opposing HCs really did their homework on both sides of the ball. Both these teams looked really prepared for what they faced in the games. Bills looked really unprepared like they were just going to show up and beat the Jets in their house on national TV and then today they didn't tailor their game plan to help Peterman. The Bills also didn't look like they made any adjustments to their Defense with pass rush (mostly terrible), pass coverage (abysmal) and run defense (poor).  I get that they have injuries but do SOMETHING different after getting gashed in 2 straight games! Bills set themselves up to lose today and that's on all the coaches!!

Not to excuse turnovers, but no penalties called on Chargers until   believe 3rd quarter and only one for entire game.  Never seen this before.  Peterman punched in face no penalty, no holds on chargers, come on...Bills played bad but one sided officiating needs to stop. 

13 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

That DiMarco drop I think had a big influence on the rookies confidence. Everything from then on was a disaster. The oline should be ashamed.

I truly feel that this Offensive Line is the worst in the NFL. They are being pushed around like ragdolls. If Peterman had time and a clean pocket, the results would have been better. Not saying a win, because our defense can't stop anything either. But, why Ducasse is still even on this team is beyond me!! And the rest aren't playing much better. Glenn out certainly hurts. I like Dawkins, but damn did Bosa bullrush him hard. I gave up watching mid-way through the second. Truly pathetic. 

After these three last games, I find myself wishing we were the Browns or Giants. At least they're competitive. We just look totally out matched everywhere.   

14 hours ago, Steptide said:

Yes 5 interceptions, I know. 

But, what exactly happened? First, we won the coin toss and didn't defer to the 2nd half. I'm pretty sure this is the first time this year the bills have done that. Why? 2nd, Dennison was up in the booth calling plays for the first time this year. Not that I think this is really a game changer, but again why? 

Last, Peterman has looked cool, calm and collected in the times we've seen him. Just a week ago he came in and played well in a very short time. How does a guy come in and play as terrible as he did? Ironically, his first 2 passes looked great. A 1st down to clay and then to Benjamin. I don't know what happened after that. Just trying to make sense of today's disaster 

My Sunday Ticket feed was buffering all day and half the time was so pixelated I couldn't clearly see what was happening. So I missed two INTs. But the three I saw: one went off DiMarco's hands. It was actually a great throw by Peterman under pressure, but DiMarco was playing volleyball instead of football. 

The other two Peterman was being hit as he threw. He did what so many posters said they wanted Taylor to do: stand in the pocket and make the throw. 

So as bad as the result was, I can't fully blame Peterman for it. (Like I said, I didn't see the other two picks.) What happened IMO was a total breakdown by the offensive line. And this is just a theory, but I think KB was going to be the critical part of the game plan. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot

3 hours ago, TBDlurkerSINCE07 said:

What went right?

What went wrong:

1. Peterman/Taylor

2. Defense

3. Bosa/Ingram vs Bills O-Line

4. KB injury (no impact on outcome, but might impact season from hereon)

Had Taylor accomplished anything as a passing QB he would not have been benched.