How long until it's no longer Black Friday?

boyst

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't know, but it will become cyber Friday soon as more people find it easier to shop from their home instead of getting to the mall at 4 am so they get a parking spot.

2007 called and wants to let you know people realized that a long time ago

The only people who do Black Friday are people who actually enjoy it

15 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't know, but it will become cyber Friday soon as more people find it easier to shop from their home instead of getting to the mall at 4 am so they get a parking spot.

The chase is better than the catch, you were never really into it, right?

(smart)

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Most males aren't.  It's my day of respite.

Electronics bring out the men.  I was forced to enter the fray a few years ago, I parked half a mile away at the mall and tunnel-visioned to my store and got out in one piece losing only an hour.

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

Electronics bring out the men.  I was forced to enter the fray a few years ago, I parked half a mile away at the mall and tunnel-visioned to my store and got out in one piece losing only an hour.

I went one year to Best Buy, got in and out in under an hour. When leaving the mall, I saw the line of cars just trying to get into the mall parking lot, and since I had a good parking spot decided to keep shopping. So every time I bought something, I’d take it out to my truck and see how many vehicles I could fake out, thinking that I was leaving. 

Oh, and I’ve seen this fake Walmart Black Friday commercial a lot tonight. People smiling, no fighting, products in stock...... (I could only find the Spanish version)

On 11/19/2017 at 5:20 PM, Boyst62 said:

Every time I hear it I am caught off guard to recent reprogramming sensitivities.  I'm sure it's going to be changing in the next 2 years.

As soon as the media realizes the only people fighting to get into Wal-Mart at 5am are blacks and Latinos (and poor, white, red-necks, but their opinions and economic situation dosn't count), and declare that 'black Friday' is really code for economic apartheid instituted by evil white people.

I expect to read that article in the Atlantic or Huffington Post before too long.

7 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

As soon as the media realizes the only people fighting to get into Wal-Mart at 5am are blacks and Latinos (and poor, white, red-necks, but their opinions and economic situation dosn't count), and declare that 'black Friday' is really code for economic apartheid instituted by evil white people.

I expect to read that article in the Atlantic or Huffington Post before too long.

I suspect HuffPo is sending in disruptive infiltrators as the CIA/FBI did so for Vietnam protests.

23 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Nah, that's Mother Jones writing if I've ever seen it.