Nate Peterman's performance against the Chargers

SDS

Which QB starts in Week 11?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB starts in Week 11?

• Nate Peterman
    • Tyrod Taylor

1 hour ago, HamSandwhich said:

You don't give the players any credit?  You don't think that they have the capacity to understand it could have been a bad day at the office?  They see him in practice, I'm sure he's not throwing picks all day long.  I agree with the other guy, I found myself saying, you cant take him out after half.  You got to let the rook work it out.  Historically bad yes, but one half does not define any player.  

Please.  I give the players plenty of credit.  We are talking about quite possibly the worst quarterbacking performance in the history of the NFL.  They know NP won’t be coming back from that any time soon, and they don’t want to put their bodies on the line for that kind of amateurish incompetence.  He shouldn’t play again this year, except in mop up duty.

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Look at all (most of) the Tyrod lovers having a blast mocking everyone.  Classy people.  

pasting images of tweets from twits 

I'm not mocking anyone.  I posted in the what if Peterman plays bad the following: 

I'll be sad because

It will mean the playoff hopes are all but dead
It will bring more scrutiny on the coaches and make me question there ability to steer this team in the right direction and their decision making
I will have to come on here and not only read about a Bills loss but see the same people who crushed TT defend everything great white hope Peterman.

This is exactly how I feel today.  I don't feel great about the coaching staff, playoff drought for another year, people defending Peterman after crushing Tyrod for "the throws he doesn't make" while excusing Peterman for the throws he did make.  No part of me is happy Peterman stunk.  I'm actually angry and I hate when the Bills control my emotions enough to do that lol.  Idiotic move by the coaching staff.  TT can not be the answer and still deserve to start over Peterman.  Peterman should be cut.  Put the shoe on the other foot and ask yoursellf what would the response be here today if TT had thrown 5 picks.

4 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

Yesterday was probably more satisfying than a win would have been for them.

so disconnected from reality.  I'm pissed they made the move and I'm pissed they blew another season.  No part of me is happy.

Tyrod may well be our starter next season even if we draft a qb first round.  I see no need to hate on him nor rush another kid before his time.  N8 Peterman is another young QB who likely saw his career killed in buffalo right off.

What i was hoping for this season was for two watkins type receivers to compliment tyrod's skillset.  Two very fast, deep WRs running long long routes all day cannot be double covered and tyrod has a great deep ball in place of his laxk of shorter throws.  That should also open up the opposing defense and help shady get some good stats as well.

I say keep tyrod for another season as we develope a young QB .  draft a QB first and then maybe a WR or OL.  So many needs right now though.

4 hours ago, mannc said:

If they start NP next week, there will be an open revolt in that locker room.  It is not gonna happen.

Probably true.

Regardless though, if the Bills lose a couple more in a row, there will be a revolt in the locker room regardless of who is playing QB.

We'll see how much "character" there is in that locker room if the Bills losing streak continues.  Can't imagine guys keeping their mouths shut and taking a beating that many weeks in a row.    Emotions will win over logic.   Has to happen eventually.

Bills are currently trending to replace Cleveland as the current laughing stock of the NFL.     Good grief Charlie Brown!

Just now, PolishDave said:

Probably true.

Regardless though, if the Bills lose a couple more in a row, there will be a revolt in the locker room regardless of who is playing QB.

We'll see how much "character" there is in that locker room if the Bills losing streak continues.  Can't imagine guys keeping their mouths shut and taking a beating that many weeks in a row.    Emotions will win over logic.   Has to happen eventually.

Bills are currently trending to replace Cleveland as the current laughing stock of the NFL.     Good grief Charlie Brown!

Quite frankly who cares? Half this team won't be back next year and we have probably 20 rookies to inject. If he team decides to stop playing because of politics then they are !@#$ing over themselves since they aren't talented enough to get another job on reputation.  It would be beneficial going forward to purge them anyway.

2 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

Quite frankly who cares? Half this team won't be back next year and we have probably 20 rookies to inject. If he team decides to stop playing because of politics then they are !@#$ing over themselves since they aren't talented enough to get another job on reputation.  It would be beneficial going forward to purge them anyway.

Betcha McDermott cares.

He is the one preaching character.   What is he gonna say if his team melts down farther from here?   Some of those guys already quit.   They quit believing they deserved to be on the field with any other NFL team.

This does not bode well for the (short term or intermediate term) future of the franchise.

17 hours ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

whats the record for most interceptions thrown in a game by a QB? What the hell, let’s go for it!

8 INT, 1950, Jim Hardy, Chicago Cardinals.  Peterman was on trajectory to beat it.

More modern game: 7 INT, 2001, Ty Detmer, Detroit Lions.  6 INT, 2016, Ryan Fitzpatrick, NYJ.

You can find some great QB high on that list (Brett Favre, both Mannings, Kurt Warner) but usually not until they'd been in the league a while.

21 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

You can't purge 53 guys off a roster.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

8 INT, 1950, Jim Hardy, Chicago Cardinals.  Peterman was on trajectory to beat it.

More modern game: 7 INT, 2001, Ty Detmer, Detroit Lions.  6 INT, 2016, Ryan Fitzpatrick, NYJ.

You can find some great QB high on that list (Brett Favre, both Mannings, Kurt Warner) but usually not until they'd been in the league a while.

You can't purge 53 guys off a roster.

Oh absolutely you can.  McDermott is going nowhere after year one and some guys give 110% regardless.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How many players did Johnson purge?

I don't know off the top of my head, can't reference while at work on my cellphone.  The only ones I know survived from 89 to the superbowl are Bates and Irvin.

Edited by Woodman19