Dan Pompei (sporting news) writes:

JoeF

I wouldn't mind getting PP back in the fold, for the right price that is....what maybe around 2Mil/season? He already had his payday and teams found out he isn't a #1.

Now, if we get PP, we can then put pressure on EM to restructure his contract next year to a more palitable number for the salary cap. If not, (hate to say this), then cut Moulds and that could give us enough room to sign Clements for sure. Evans 1, PP 2, 3?

I wouldn't mind getting PP back in the fold, for the right price that is....what maybe around 2Mil/season?  He already had his payday and teams found out he isn't a #1.

Now, if we get PP, we can then put pressure on EM to restructure his contract next year to a more palitable number for the salary cap.  If not, (hate to say this), then cut Moulds and that could give us enough room to sign Clements for sure.  Evans 1, PP 2, 3?

265549[/snapback]

If we know nothing else, we know that TD is not sentimental...he would never bring Peerless Price back here.

If history is indicative of anything, EM could very well be history after this season...willingness to restructure usually only buys you another year with TD, and does not gurantee the player anything other than "I will not cut you this year" (Sorry John Holocek!) It has been pointed out, Moulds restructured, he didn't take a paycut!

If Nate Clements is not resigned by December of 2005, he will be an ex-Bill by March 3rd of 2006. Other than some depth players (who would not attract lots of attention in free-agency) has TD ever (in Buffalo or Pittsburgh) made an attempt to resign someone just before the deadline? With the way some (stupid) teams are breaking the bank this year on average at best DB's, as much as I love Clements, he will have to get grossly over-paid by someone else...the market price for DB's right now is absurd...Nate Clements will benefit greatly next year!

If we know nothing else, we know that TD is not sentimental...he would never bring Peerless Price back here.

If history is indicative of anything, EM could very well be history after this season...willingness to restructure usually only buys you another year with TD, and does not gurantee the player anything other than "I will not cut you this year" (Sorry John Holocek!)  It has been pointed out, Moulds restructured, he didn't take a paycut!

If Nate Clements is not resigned by December of 2005, he will be an ex-Bill by March 3rd of 2006.  Other than some depth players (who would not attract lots of attention in free-agency) has TD ever (in Buffalo or Pittsburgh) made an attempt to resign someone just before the deadline?  With the way some (stupid) teams are breaking the bank this year on average at best DB's, as much as I love Clements, he will have to get grossly over-paid by someone else...the market price for DB's right now is absurd...Nate Clements will benefit greatly next year!

265691[/snapback]

I think TD is a shrewd GM and if he could get PP back at the right price I think we would consider it. Plus, if he thinks that EM will not restructure his contract to be more cap friendly, I think it would be in TDs best interest to get a WR in here that can be a #2 to Evans now.

NC is a different story. I think that could really depend on if he likes Buffalo or not. Like jennings, he never wanted to be here, but it's the almighty dollar that is followed most of the time. If TD thinks Nate is needed, he might break the bank for him.

I think TD is a shrewd GM and if he could get PP back at the right price I think we would consider it.  Plus, if he thinks that EM will not restructure his contract to be more cap friendly, I think it would be in TDs best interest to get a WR in here that can be a #2 to Evans now.

NC is a different story.  I think that could really depend on if he likes Buffalo or not.  Like jennings, he never wanted to be here, but it's the almighty dollar that is followed most of the time.  If TD thinks Nate is needed, he might break the bank for him.

265703[/snapback]

Seriously, I think it will be at least another 2 seasons before Evans is going to

be the #1WR for this team. Until then teams are going to double team EM

as they know who is the bigger threat. (Remember Andre Reed was the

#1 WR until his last season with the bills). Evans is a speed burner, however

Moulds is the complete package at least for now.

I think McGahee played heavier than his college weight last year.  I wouldn't mind seeing him drop back to where he played in college.

265159[/snapback]

If Willis didn't lose the weight at the end of last year, which typically happens to young players making the jumpt to the longer NFL season, he will never lose it easily.

His biggest attribute is his power- losing the weight is not going to signicantly improve his speed -

I know they weren't traded for one another, but we did get McGahee via a 1st rounder from Atlanta for Price? How many of you were happy then? Now? Does this question really need a answer?

Seriously, I think it will be at least another 2 seasons before Evans is going to

be the #1WR for this team. Until then teams are going to double team EM

as they know who is the bigger threat.  (Remember Andre Reed was the

#1 WR until his last season with the bills).  Evans is a speed burner, however

Moulds is the complete package at least for now.

265817[/snapback]

I agree that Evans probably won't be ready at that time, but EM's cap number is going to be worse than it was this year.

I don't want to see EM go, so I guess we shall see how it goes.

Actually, it's good he put on more weight so that he could survive the season if he was called upon to start (which is what happened). Everybody knew he wasn't 100% and he confirmed that!

Peerless' pride won't bring him back to Buffalo and he'll still get paid lots of $$$ if he was cut by Atlanta (which would be stupid, IMO). Sorry, but relying on your TE as the go to guy just won't cut it in this league.

We need to see Shaud in more passing downs. I'm not saying lots of third and longs where he would be required to pass block either.