Why not turn the tables on Asian Carp?

Cripple Creek

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

LoL... Now there is honor. It's a silly fish. Let's not go down that anthropomorphic road.  Club it and eat it.:D

They jump on the own accord.  Other fish don't.

Maybe it’s time to tip off the local authorities.... hope you have all your floaties and paddles.... hope you aren’t inadvertently violating any fish and game laws... 

I know a guy.... he’s RUTHLESS!!!! SGT Voight.... perhaps you’ve heard of him!

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

Come on... You seen the bowfishing videos... How cool and sporting is that.  You take a boat, go 25 mph and try and stick one. Redneck Nirvana!

Redneck Nirvana??? Don’t bring Mr Cobain into this!!! From a true redneck- bow “fishing” seems unsportsmanlike, irresponsible, and dangerous.... randomly launching an arrow into the unknown? What happened to identifying your target??? What happened to ensuring that nothing is between you and your target, and making sure nothing is beyond your target that could be in harms way.... what if the arrow ricochets??  

1 minute ago, CountryCletus said:

Maybe it’s time to tip off the local authorities.... hope you have all your floaties and paddles.... hope you aren’t inadvertently violating any fish and game laws... 

I know a guy.... he’s RUTHLESS!!!! SGT Voight.... perhaps you’ve heard of him!

Won't work...

In don't fish, but there are some that come through lock and spot light fish.  Call the gamies!  They are too lazy to get out of bed.  We got the duck hunters this morning hour before daylight and just put them back down a few hours ago.  Call on them too. They had a nice bag of birds. But, oh wait, it's legal to hunt waterfowl in the city of Chicago:

https://www.wbez.org/shows/curious-city/where-can-you-hunt-in-chicago/2b6be04f-58b5-441c-8bd7-3d452553427c

Roderick Drew with the city’s Department of Law dug this up from the city’s municipal code (Prior code § 193-32; Amend Coun. J. 5-16-90, p. 15819):

“Any person licensed to hunt under the provisions of The Illinois Wildlife Code, as amended, may hunt or kill game birds in the open season as provided by the laws of the state, within the following prescribed districts and portions of the city: upon Wolf Lake and along the shores thereof; upon Lake Calumet and along the shores thereof; and upon the Calumet River and along the banks thereof."

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Won't work...

In don't fish, but there are some that come through lock and spot light fish.  Call the gamies!  They are too lazy to get out of bed.  We got the duck hunters this morning hour before daylight and just put them back down a few hours ago.  Call on them too. They had a nice bag of birds. But, oh wait, it's legal to hunt waterfowl in the city of Chicago:

https://www.wbez.org/shows/curious-city/where-can-you-hunt-in-chicago/2b6be04f-58b5-441c-8bd7-3d452553427c

Roderick Drew with the city’s Department of Law dug this up from the city’s municipal code (Prior code § 193-32; Amend Coun. J. 5-16-90, p. 15819):

“Any person licensed to hunt under the provisions of The Illinois Wildlife Code, as amended, may hunt or kill game birds in the open season as provided by the laws of the state, within the following prescribed districts and portions of the city: upon Wolf Lake and along the shores thereof; upon Lake Calumet and along the shores thereof; and upon the Calumet River and along the banks thereof."

WTF does this have to do with the price of tea in China????

Serious question.... do you have ADHD?

5 minutes ago, CountryCletus said:

Redneck Nirvana??? Don’t bring Mr Cobain into this!!! From a true redneck- bow “fishing” seems unsportsmanlike, irresponsible, and dangerous.... randomly launching an arrow into the unknown? What happened to identifying your target??? What happened to ensuring that nothing is between you and your target, and making sure nothing is beyond your target that could be in harms way.... what if the arrow ricochets??  

It's on a reel and line Einstein.  I suppose they set the drag.

Just now, CountryCletus said:

WTF does this have to do with the price of tea in China????

Serious question.... do you have ADHD?

You met me in Chicago.  Do I?  No, but I do have a phone and slick new board!

34 minutes ago, CountryCletus said:

Ok Mary.... that wasn’t very original... although I assume since it came from someone else that it’s probably true...

Originality is over-rated

Why the hate man?  I am siding with you when it comes  to the premise of this thread.  What made you so pissy?

You were advocating taking the fish by any means possible on page 1, even bow fishing.  I show you a cool video and you change your tune about bowfishing...  Now, down thread you are getting cold feet., worried about an arrow going off target. Don't bail on me now and get the yips. Finish what you started Ryan.  We can be buds.

And who's Mary?  My name is Eric don't you remember?

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Why the hate man?  I am siding with you when it comes  to the premise of this thread.  What made you so pissy?

You were advocating taking the fish by any means possible on page 1, even bow fishing.  I show you a cool video and you change your tune about bowfishing...  Now, down thread you are getting cold feet., worried about an arrow going off target. Don't bail on me now and get the yips. Finish what you started Ryan.  We can be buds.

Mary.... Mary Schafer... owners of that quote.... you have me so confused- you’ve flipped more than a 15 year old gymnast... 

I will be driving for the next 90 minutes 

I’m in the real Army.... we don’t run or swim away... or paddle..

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You've been Cletused.

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly, I am all for gov't money being used to step up an agressive commercial fishing industry for the Asian carp. But, what's going to happen with creating a new industry.  What happens when the fishery collapses like it was designed to do.  Are people going give up their way of life and move on.

And... If you think they will just thow money at some poor working class commercial fisherman from rural downstate Illinois over dropping millions upon millions to the biologists and sciencetists with their grand plans & schemes, you are mistakenly wrong.  The last 20 years have proven otherwise.

The situation is really sad. They could create a 2 mile "dead zone" by pumping a million dollars a year of harmles nitrogen in the water and nothing will swim past.  Instead, we are oxygenating the water.  Nothing got through in old days because nothing couldn't swim through the pollution.